FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Defender on trial

kencar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty glad the management are doing something just in case Nauris leaves next week, mind you a 19 yr old might not be the answer, i'm probably thinking that Rossco would be dropped into central defence and leave Proc at RB.

hes about the same age as 90% of the team and if...IF hes anygood we can maybe make a quid or two in the future, great news we're getting cover.

Eh? Golly 35, Esson 29, Munro 29,Rossco 30,Proc 26,Russell 29,Foran 29,Imrie 27,Lionel 27....

' About' the same age - do you mean under 50ish? what i mean is that we cant put someone new into central defence when we are supposedly attempting to catch the top teams, its taken Nauris a while to settle and we cant afford to have an unsettled defence again.

Another one of TB's random finds.

Hope he looks the buisness but i do also hope we get Bulvitis sorted out as i would hate to lose him at this stage of the season. Wonder if Johnny Hayes knows him at all. He is a product of Reading's youth system as well.

Couple of things that sprung out at me in todays article....

Ashley Mitchell won?t be taken on and it might be a loan deal we are looking at now.

Suggesting we can't afford to sign a player outright?

?They would have to pay for someone to come in. It is not a great deal of money they want but we are on a tight budget.

...and we can't afford to pay anything to keep Bulvitus?

if...IF hes anygood we can maybe make a quid or two in the future,

Come on, are you talking about this club making money on a player? If he's outstanding he will get a five month contract with a leave whenever you want clause inserted.

He's gone already-not good enough!

I'm hoping that means Bulvitis is staying.

come on, are you talking about this club spending money on a player?

haha but i do hope thats the case, however the other lad i hope is given a fair crack at the whip, im not going t beleve hes been sent away just yet..

I'm hoping that means Bulvitis is staying.

i do hope thats the case, however the other lad i hope is given a fair crack at the whip, im not going t beleve hes been sent away just yet..

to answer you both .....

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...1572238?UserKey

On Mitchell: "CALEY Thistle aim to finalise a loan extension deal for defender Nauris Bulvitis today after dropping their interest in trialist Ashley Mitchell. Mitchell, 19, formerly of Reading, Aldershot and Basingstoke, failed to impress manager Terry Butcher".

On Bulvitus: "Tranzits Ventspils, who finished third bottom of the Latvian Premier League last season, hold the registration of the player and want a fee if he is to remain in Scotland. If a deal cannot be brokered Bulvitis will return home on Monday but Butcher wants to resolve the issue before Caley Jags travel south to play Airdrie United in the First Division tomorrow. He said: ?We are speaking to Nauris?s club......Saturday could be his last game but we are hoping it is not. He is very keen to stay. The Latvian season starts in March. They are not playing at the moment but they have to bring in someone else to fill his position. They would have to pay for someone to come in. It is not a great deal of money they want but we are on a tight budget."

On "Plan B": "Ashley Mitchell won?t be taken on and it might be a loan deal we are looking at now. I have one or two possibilities as we don?t want to leave ourselves short in defence. Stuart Golabek has suffered a recurrence of his hamstring problem and we had to move Ross Tokely to left back against Motherwell. Lionel Djebi-Zadi was suspended but will be back to face Airdrie."

Hopefully the club make a decent offer for bullly, we have let too many good players get away, because the board wont pay up

I'd rather go part-time than bust. If the board won't pay it's because the money's not there to cover fees and/or wages. We have a finite amount to spend and can not go beyond that without additional investment.

Hopefully the club make a decent offer for bullly, we have let too many good players get away, because the board wont pay up

I'd rather go part-time than bust. If the board won't pay it's because the money's not there to cover fees and/or wages. We have a finite amount to spend and can not go beyond that without additional investment.

In that case, the club should look at reducing the squad. We have one of the biggest squads in the SFL, and if the club can't pay to keep some of the vital players at the club, they should look at getting rid of the one's that are not so useful

I'm led to believe that we only have 4 players contracted beyond the end of this season.

So, for the rest of the season we will have to make do with one natural centre-back, two let-backs, one right-back and one player who really should be playing in midfield (Proctor). Cracking.

Then at the end of the season, we have 4 players with deals and no manager to decide who to keep. Hopefully the board will get their heads out of the sand, have a quick glance at the squad and management situation, and take action before it gets to that stage.

Bit of a shocker when you think we only have 4 players beyond this season. Players that are life and soul of this club that are diehards for it....tokely's, munro's etc, and we cant tie them down just now because no one knows whats going to happen at the end of this season an we have no money. can be quite scary the more you think of it.

someone going to have to start planning something somewhere...and soon! i remember (sure it was butcher) saying he had ?70,000 to spend in the transfer window. obviously that will now have to go towards niculae but surely we can russle up something for bully.