FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fourth (West) Stand

Kingsmills

Graeme Bennett is quoted in tuesday's courier as saying that, although not a priority at present, the club have not ruled out the possibility of developing a fourth stand.

I was interested that he was quoted as saying that it wouldn't  be financially viable for the club to construct a stand alone structure which would only be used a maximum of three or four times a season.

He indicated that any such developent would have to include something like an office block to make it of any commercial interest to the club.

That surprised me as it appears that space to develop that side of the ground is very limited indeed even for a stand far less any larger construction. Is there some space there that isn't obvious ?

The Courier seem to have forgoten that they did this story a few months ago and got the same answer. Clearly the club are never going to say never but really they've got far more urgent things to spend money on. Thats what Bennet told them the first time and its what hes told them again. Why do the Courier keep dreaming up things theyd like to be storys and making a big fuss about them when theres nothing in it.

To get this 4th stand would probably help with the atmosphere(by containing the noise) even if it was not necessarily full to the brim with crowd, i suppose its not really a top priority but it would obviously enhance the ground.

Sorry HC but I already have the winning ticket for Friday.

Fourth stand would be ideal with a full size gym and sports facility included inside utilising as much of the space available.  Facility for use obviously by players and the public as large, which generates income for the club.  Rather than the usual with football stadia which stand fairly idle and unused outside matchdays.

I am sure that I could make some funds available after Friday night.

I would hate to think of the Bught being converted into a football only facility, for loads of reasons. The obvious few reasons are that access from the South for large crowds when the fairly big Glasgow teams come to call, would be a nightmare for everybody trying to escape the ground after the match.

It also belongs to the People of Inverness not just us football fans.

With the gas pipe still there no 'heavy' structure can be put down, I'd guess, so only something similar to what we have at the North and South ends would be allowed? That rules out offices, sports facilities, etc, surely?

It would be great to build a multi purpose stand with office space, gym, corporate facilities, proper press boxes/camera points, shops and even a bar but I don't think it can happen until the gas pipe is moved...

The gas pipe is the main reason that anything more than a shorter/shallower version of the end stands would have to generate income to give the funds to faciliate the extra cost involved in shoring up the ground above it or relocating it.  For the sake of "completeness" then a fourth stand would be good, but from a practical standpoint I think it makes more sense to have corner pods as the next priority as these can contain office/corproate facilites and would be far cheaper.

I know a lot of people will probably disagree but I think their is something rather appealing about the stadium being open to the road so that all who pass over the bridge and see it can look right in to the ground, if the stadium was located elsewhere then this would seem totally wrong, but something about the current setup just feels right from a passer-bys perspective.  It's likes it open and inviting people in somehow.

Interesting point CD - the allure of Caledonian Stadium - never quite thought of it that way before.

I know there has been all the discussions about cost etc in the past and I totaly agree on commercial sense ahead of decisions that have been made without any forethought and the proper analysis performed (I mean I see enough of them at work every week) but there is something fundamentally wrong with a stadium with only three stands.

For a while I used to watch Rot Weiss Essen who also played (and still do) in a stadium with three stands (slightly bigger than those at TCS though) and that didn't seem right either - the gound just loses something and I am sure it is the same for the players.  Now I think of it - it would be interseting to hear players' views on this.

Anyway we will just have to wait for that wealthy benefactor to come along and pay for the stand him/her self so we no longer have to discuss this and the club does not have to bear the cost - the perfect scenario.  Anyway where are those Euro-Lotto tickets.... :024:

Anyway we will just have to wait for that wealthy benefactor to come along and pay for the stand him/her self so we no longer have to discuss this and the club does not have to bear the cost - the perfect scenario.  Anyway where are those Euro-Lotto tickets.... :024:

Not me unfortunately... we're just gonna have to wait until next week I'm afraid :001: