News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Injuries mounting

AJS

Up until last season we'd been pretty lucky with injuries but now it just seems to be one after the other. It also takes players so much longer to get match fit if they miss pre-season. Not good :sad:

I think we all knew that the squad was quite thinly spread and an injury or two in different positions would see us struggle but didn't imagine that we would have so many at once.

As Kencar said getting injured in pre-season is worrying as it will take weeks to get to full fitness once they have recovered. It has only been highlighted further because of the earlier start to the season than previous years.

I suppose the good points are that Jonny has been passed ok to start playing again and that TB recognises that we still need more players in, I am still hopeful that we will bring in a few more players before the start of the season.

Todays P&J says Gilbert is out for 2 weeks and this has hampered his chances of winning a contract. Christophe has gone back to France cause of his injury and may not be back and Cooper is crocked as well. Only trialist playing today is Stevenson apparently.

Safe to say that this pre season could not get much worse, if ever we could pick a summer for injury frenzy it had to be this one, the one where the whole squad is being re shaped.

For me the only positive so far is that we have seen the best of our youth academy which again seems to have produced promising talent.