FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro

Ten4

I dont think I am too early in a wee congratulations & tribute for our former captain & no.14.

RC are surely home & dry now & Grant you didnt need to prove how good you were, well done.

Hopefully the disappointment you felt when leaving will be replaced with great professional pride &

satisfaction in being part of another success story,.

Anyone know how Vigurs is doing? Always thought he had some real talent.

Vigurs is pretty much a main stay in county's side as well. Will be interesting to see how their team fairs against the physicality and other challenges of spl football.

Edited by Bush

I quite often pop along to Victoria Park if Caley are away and County are at home.

Munro is a very good bet for the first division's Player of The Year award. Each time I've seen County play this season he has simply strolled through the game. It's a lower standard than what he would have faced this season with us, of course. But I would expect him to do a decent job in the SPL this season. Certainly County fans that I've spoken to tell me they love him.

I've never been terribly sold on Vigurs, even when he was with us. Admittedly he's scored in both the last two home games, including an absolutely brilliant free kick against Partick. But he certainly has his share of poor performances and still seems lightweight at times. I'm not convinced he can make the step up to the SPL.

Getting rid of Vigurs was one of Butchers first mistakes. He can go missing in games but he has ability and chips in with a few goals to boot. Not sure we have many better in our squad & I'm sure he'll do fine in the SPL

• Agree 2

Grant Munro was a central defender who's lack of imagination and skill ( I remeber all the complaints on here about "hoofball") allied to decreasing pace meant that he was no longer fit for purpose. He hastened his own demise by publicly and repeadedly not buying into his bosses future vision.That he has gained another year of a career in a lower division is a good thing, but that's as far as it goes. He'll get enough congratulations in Dingwall without ours.

He could go missing in training too, though, that was the problem.

Guess it depends on which gossip you choose to believe. If that is the case then fair enough although I'd be surpised he lasted so long under Brewster if he had an attitude problem

Grant Munro was a central defender who's lack of imagination and skill ( I remeber all the complaints on here about "hoofball") allied to decreasing pace meant that he was no longer fit for purpose. He hastened his own demise by publicly and repeadedly not buying into his bosses future vision.That he has gained another year of a career in a lower division is a good thing, but that's as far as it goes. He'll get enough congratulations in Dingwall without ours.

Bah humbug! Well done again Grantie :clapping:

• Agree 1

But there is feck all to congratulate him fer - I would rather wait and revel in the glorious failure.

In order to blow it county would need to lose at least 5 of their last 10 fixtures and they're on a 22/23 unbeaten run. Place money on that if you dare.

But there is feck all to congratulate him fer - I would rather wait and revel in the glorious failure.

In order to blow it county would need to lose at least 5 of their last 10 fixtures and they're on a 22/23 unbeaten run. Place money on that if you dare.

Id ask Dundee fans about that one....

Davie, in comparison to some of the defending produced in an ICT jersey this season, Grantie looks like Maldini and Beckenbaur's love child. Anyone can handle replacement just as long as what you replace it with is better than what you had!

• Agree 1

What is happening ? Losing two late goals at home to a poor side and going to the fated 12 points ahead instead of 14 - is it a sign. Is Granty Gudgie and his band of inbreds feeling the pressure. Has the bubble burst ? Is the bottle showing shings of shattering ? Surely history is not going to repeat itself ? I hope the feck not - it would be an absolute tragedy. Lets hope the next home game against the Bairns reaps dividends !!

• Agree 1