FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley All The Way (book)

WYNESS101

I have put a guidance request onto the forum for book sellers I am a member, I use when valuing rare books.

I am sure one of my collegues will give a salient valuation

Laurence for use of the word "salient" in such context I award you 500 points.

Carry on.

• Agree 1

As a book collector and staunch ICT fan If anyone is looking to sell a copy Of Caley all the way, Hub on the hill or against all odds please get on touch.

A copy of Caley all the way is on eBay at the moment so check out the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLLECTABLE-BOOK-CALEY-ALL-THE-WAY-CALEDONIAN-FC-CENTENARY-HISTORY-1886-1986-/110990858826?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item19d7921a4a&_uhb=1

I got a copy a while back but at a fraction of the cost this seller is looking for, don't think I've ever seen hub on the hill for sale but I'd buy one too if I got the chance

A bit of advice I'd give "Against all odds" a miss to be honest as it's full of keech in my opinion

Dougal

As a book collector and staunch ICT fan If anyone is looking to sell a copy Of Caley all the way, Hub on the hill or against all odds please get on touch.

I assume you mean a 'physical' copy? ... If so, I cant help with that ,,,, but if it is just to read the book, then Against All Odds has been made available by the author and other copyright holders for free download here .... http://caleythistleonline.com/files/category/8-against-all-odds/

There are 3 downloads available: The original book, the original book with additional material added last year, and a download with just the updated portions.

A bit of advice I'd give "Against all odds" a miss to be honest as it's full of keech in my opinion

Dougal

Boring and predictable Dougal, your attack was no more than that of a clumsy schoolboy.

Just think, if we hadn't merged, we wouldn't be 3rd in the top League having just dropped from a full week as 2nd.

Sheesh.

There are 3 downloads available: The original book, the original book with additional material added last year, and a download with just the updated portions.

I tried to download the original book with added material yesterday, and, while the download itself worked, I only got an error when I tried to open it. Something like "damaged file". It was the same both on Preview and Adobe Reader 9 :sad:

I tried to download the original book with added material yesterday, and, while the download itself worked, I only got an error when I tried to open it. Something like "damaged file". It was the same both on Preview and Adobe Reader 9 :sad:

just downloaded it again and it opened fine on both Acrobat 9 and Adobe Reader X

George Rodgers looks pleased with himself.

Before I ask "which one", could someone confirm that that's George Junior rather than Dougie behind George Senior? I think it's "young" George but both Messrs Rodgers, whoever the younger one is, indeed do look very happy - and rightly so.

It's a good book on Clach in which I think Rodwill Clyne may also have had at least a hand. I'm guessing the photo may be of the celebrations after Clach winning the Highland League title in 1975.

There's an interesting post script to that, beacuse the League Flag, normally raised on the first day of the season at home, wasn't raised in 1975 at Grant Street until into September which is a fact I stumbled across purely by accident a few weeks ago. The key to this mystery is possibly in who Clach's opponents were that day.

Beacuse the away team was none other than Caley and my theory is that the Clachers delayed the ceremony until they had the opportunity to perform it right in the faces of their neighbours and local rivals!

Before I ask "which one", could someone confirm that that's George Junior rather than Dougie behind George Senior? I think it's "young" George but both Messrs Rodgers, whoever the younger one is, indeed do look very happy - and rightly so.

It's a good book on Clach in which I think Rodwill Clyne may also have had at least a hand. I'm guessing the photo may be of the celebrations after Clach winning the Highland League title in 1975.

There's an interesting post script to that, beacuse the League Flag, normally raised on the first day of the season at home, wasn't raised in 1975 at Grant Street until into September which is a fact I stumbled across purely by accident a few weeks ago. The key to this mystery is possibly in who Clach's opponents were that day.

Beacuse the away team was none other than Caley and my theory is that the Clachers delayed the ceremony until they had the opportunity to perform it right in the faces of their neighbours and local rivals!

I was referring to George senior. Believe that is young George behind but, like yourself, not entirely certain.

I was referring to George senior. Believe that is young George behind but, like yourself, not entirely certain.

That is young George behind he must be old George now!  He ran the shop on Grant St at the time and it is his son who I think is also George that runs it now.