FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Shinnie fur Scotland

HumbersideDude

Just want to add to the great news for Andrew earning his 1st cap and the achievement being the 1st Inverness player to play in the full team. Hopefully he proves himself well.

Get Tudor-Jones back for Wales and both players earning squad places. They could battle each other in midfield for the qualifier at Hampden :crazy:

Didnt we once have a gypsy international ? :smile:

Now that is a surprise but shurely must mean that he has really shined at training. Gawd do we need to put or get some money in pronto to pay fer a new contract. Only downside is if Shinnie shines tonite - but feck it - go fer it Andy boy. We are behind ya - RITE ENUFF :smile:

Shinnie subbed out for Leigh Griffiths.

From the commentry I feel Andrew's had a mixed game. Good 1st half with the assist but he's faultered a bit in the 2nd. A couple of strayed passes, maybe tiredness. Luxembourg have upped their game mind you.

got a assist, good enough for me, didnt see the game but delighted he started and stark was obviously keen to see more of him as we thought as he got a good 3/4 of the game before being subbed for griffiths. i think a 4-2-3-1 suits him more than than being played in a 4-4-2, he isnt much of a defender, how oftn do we see him tracking back for us? so he wouldve had to adjust his game. hopefully hes done enough to get into future squads, also hope the other young lads get into future squads, theres no point in calling them up once, we had that before with vogts, and burley.

hopefully hes done enough to get into future squads

Next time we have 10 midfielders/attackers unavailable I'm sure he'll be amongst the contenders!

if he continues his form, i see no reason for him not to be included in squads. remember he was amongst the first picked to replace the 'injured' players its not like he was an outsider. the next games against estonia in febuary dont see why he shouldnt be involved in that if he plays like he is doing now, then.

• Agree 1

He gave a credible display tonight, looked good on the ball and set up Rhodes for his second. This will no doubt raise interest in him but im hoping he stays with us.

When he first came here i didnt rate him and neither did a lot of others and obviously neither did Rangers (rip 1872-2012) but he has come a long long way from all that and has gone on to become one of the most promising players in the country, congratulations and well done to you Andrew, you deserve it.

• Agree 3

Its great he made the squad and got a game, hopefully that will act as encouragement for moving forward and developing his game further and acts as inspiration for other young players in Scotland. I'm sure TB will have discussed with AS his experiences and will ensure that he stays grounded and this is only the start not letting him get carried away thinking he has made it like his young counterparts in England - Cleverly, Sterling etc who think after 1 cap they are all £80k a wk superstars.

Alisdair Lamont's match analysis on BBC:

"Shinnie played for over an hour and Kelly had the second half and, truth be told, neither made serious claims for a regular place in the full squad in the near future."

Fair comment IMO, especially as by adding the "near future" bit he isn't ruling them out as being prospects for the longer term.

Agree with Mr Lamont. Shinnie didn't have a great game but then again niether did the rest of the team. There was no standouts for me. Even Rhodes, although he scored, wasn't at his best. I dont know whether that game will tell the coaches much but maybe, if those players can be brought into squad training sessions with the regulars, we will see some, Shinnie included, become future regulars. Personally I think what Scotland needs to do now is get a coach in place, use the next WC games as training sessions and group for the next Euro's.

• Agree 1

Personally I think what Scotland needs to do now is get a coach in place, use the next WC games as training sessions and group for the next Euro's.

Disagree somewhat, we need to send out the best and strongest team possible and get as many points out of the remaining games as possible. Without this we will continue to drop in rankings and subsequently end up in higher pot numbers and get an even more difficult group.

Blooding young players is very important as its the future, but we need to produce a strong team and IMO that means some of the younger players should already be playing anyways inplace of certain others (Miller, Caldwell, Maloney etc)

Caldwell is far and away the best central defender we have. He's captaining his side in the EPL. I don't see anyone close to that level. Not Berra, not Hanley, not Webster, not Mulgrew. I'm not saying he's world class but he's the best we've got. Who else is there capable of playing at centre-back in the EPL?

Adam's another that I being criticised but, again, he's the only player we've got that can pass a ball. D.Fletcher, Brown, Morrison and Dorrans are all good hard-running players...but they can't pass a ball. Unless we play dogged defensive or long-ball, we need someone that can pass a ball 10 yards without screwing up. I don't see many contenders.

We've got to realise our limitations but replacing one player with an even worse player won't get us too far.

• Agree 2

Think we definitely need the new manager appointes as soon as possible as he will have his own ideas on players that should be used. I do think we need to blood, not necessarily younger players but uncapped players who have potential and give them a run in the team while retaining a core of older more experienced players as well.That was the problem with Levein and many of his predecessors that they refused to blood younger/uncapped players which will only come back to haunt you in the end. Would Levein have played Rhodes last night if he was in charge, I doubt it and ebven if he didn't havea great game, he still scored two goals. Now is the chance for the new manager to remove the deadwood from the squad and get Scotalnd on the up again

As was discussed at the fans forum the other night.....

We can't expect out players to be going out and playing slick passing football when they rarely get the chance to play it at club level. Until such time as we get a grip of Scottish football and start promoting the kind of game at domestic level that we want to see/demand at national level, then we'll little or no progress.

• Agree 2