FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Maybe Butcher IS going to Easter Road tomorrow, and will sit in the away end in disguise.  Then at the end when we've utterly thumped Hibs, he'll run out to the front, remove his disguise and do his regular post-match celebration!

God I'd love that!

• Agree 1

Has it been confirmed who will be in the dugout for ICT tomorrow? As in, is it definite that Tel won't be?

If so, I can't understand that. Terry is the ICT manager, if he's going nowhere, why wouldn't he represent the club that pays his wages and take charge of the team tomorrow? Hibs will surely love that he's not, having disrupted this weeks training already.

If there's still no been no decision made, I can understand that - it's a move that could define Terry's career. However, if a decision has been made, it's an absolute farce that both sets of fans haven't been informed.

• Agree 2

Monday - BBC report deal agreed

Tuesday - denials etc

Wednesday - Butcher journies to Edinburgh

Thursday - Butcher sits in talks with messrs Cameron and Bennett

Friday - Butcher goes to training pitches and chats with the squad...............tells them he's staying.

Saturday - to prevent flack Malpas takes the dugout with Shearer and Marsella.

Sunday - Butcher sits in his hoose in Abriachan stroking his dog and reflects on the fun week he's had stringing everyone along.

Monday - back to training as usual.

And all the while the hacks freeze their goolies of waiting on news.

• Agree 2

Monday - BBC report deal agreed

Tuesday - denials etc

Wednesday - Butcher journies to Edinburgh

Thursday - Butcher sits in talks with messrs Cameron and Bennett

Friday - Butcher goes to training pitches and chats with the squad...............tells them he's staying.

Saturday - to prevent flack Malpas takes the dugout with Shearer and Marsella.

Sunday - Butcher sits in his hoose in Abriachan stroking his dog and reflects on the fun week he's had stringing everyone along.

Monday - back to training as usual.

And all the while the hacks freeze their goolies of waiting on news.

Best quote so far! Well done Alex.....

Has it been confirmed who will be in the dugout for ICT tomorrow? As in, is it definite that Tel won't be?

If so, I can't understand that. Terry is the ICT manager, if he's going nowhere, why wouldn't he represent the club that pays his wages and take charge of the team tomorrow? Hibs will surely love that he's not, having disrupted this weeks training already.

If there's still no been no decision made, I can understand that - it's a move that could define Terry's career. However, if a decision has been made, it's an absolute farce that both sets of fans haven't been informed.

If he has decided he's going then there are two further scenarios

1. He resigns from ICT and goes leaving a bitterness behind. (Don't think he'd do that)

2. He doesn't resign but requests ICT negotiate a transfer deal with Hibs.

2. Takes time so he lets Maurice take charge of team because he wont be around after the weekend.

If he's decided he's not going then he doesn't want to run the risk of the Hibs fans wrath spoiling his game so he stays away till the dust settles. I'm inclined to think he wants to go and to get the best deal possible for ICT and that if Petrie is not forthcoming then he'll be happy to stay and that the silence is while negotiations take place between the two clubs.

• Agree 1

An announcement will be made at 14:50 hrs Saturday 9th November.

Press release : Terry Butcher will NOT be taking the Managers position at Hibernian FC.

Hibs players totally deflated and we score 4 in the first half.

sorry Eck, that wouldnae happen. mair chance o' them getting right in aboot ye's, just to prove we have got a half decent team. if big butcher takes over I think it could be a good team but at the turn of the year, which all hibees want. we must win the n'er day derby or it will be mass suicides o'er the dean bridge or jumping into the forth at porty beach.

Press release : Terry Butcher will NOT be taking the Managers position at Hibernian FC.

sorry Eck, that wouldnae happen. mair chance o' them getting right in aboot ye's, just to prove we have got a half decent team. if big butcher takes over I think it could be a good team but at the turn of the year, which all hibees want. we must win the n'er day derby or it will be mass suicides o'er the dean bridge or jumping into the forth at porty beach.

But our players already know that he is staying and that is a very powerful influence and one TB will use as his reasoning to stay. Let's hope it gives the Leith Lemmings time to regroup.

Worth having a look at the recent history of the revolving door at Easter Road for managers. Quite enjoyed this article from the Scotsman. Still feel a bit sorry for big Yogi. http://www.scotsman.com/sport/interview-john-hughes-persevere-a-fitting-motto-for-leith-and-its-new-favourite-son-hughes-1-775625

Edited by TopSix

But our players already know that he is staying and that is a very powerful influence and one TB will use as his reasoning to stay. Let's hope it gives the Leith Lemmings time to regroup.

Wishful thinking I believe

Doubt if the Hibees would be on here if they weren't worried. Some of us know what is happening.

What have we got to be worried about, we don't have a manager and are on the look out for one, there are many options out there. Nothing for Hibs fans to be worried about, naturally you guys will be as this could derail your season. I hope not as I want yous to dowel, I hope whoever does come in keeps the momentum going.