FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Guest Mahonio

Who said Paul Hartley will be offered assistants job?

My prediction is that Shiels/Nicholl will be management team, Paul Hartley would appoint a differrent assistant, he'd only come to us as manager not assistant, maybe I'm picking you up wrong though.

Edited by Mahonio

:amazed: There's already a 'new manager' thread to post our thoughts. And a poll. And a 'who do you think will get the job' thread, which already tend to overlap.

Now, a 'who's your money on?' thread?! It'll become untidy and disjointed.

We couldn't afford McCoist. I know he's had to take a pay-cut but last season he was on £800,000. That's not far off our entire wage bill!

Nail on the head. Managers are expensive. On top of that we are far north not everybody's cup of tea  if you live in the south.

Being 2 and a hafts hours drive north of Edinburgh  must put a lot off.

I think we are just a stepping stone.    Low wage and poor facilities to quote Butcher,  will not attract the likes of Levine . I really think we have to look locally, maybe not too far away.  I have no animosity to Terry and Maurice they have served Inverness well. they deserve a chance at a more  fashionable club.

We couldn't afford McCoist. I know he's had to take a pay-cut but last season he was on £800,000. That's not far off our entire wage bill!

Nail on the head. Managers are expensive. On top of that we are far north not everybody's cup of tea  if you live in the south.

I think we are just a stepping stone.    Low wage and poor facilities to quote Butcher,  will not attract the likes of Levine . I really think we have to look locally, maybe not too far away.  I have no animosity to Terry and Maurice they have served Inverness well. they deserve a chance at a more  fashionable club.

Who is this Levine of whom you speak ?

Il be scout. If The club put me through my driving license and il happily travel to the lowers reaches of English football to watch games. :lol:

Do you remember the dream? I'll buy back the Micra and we can hit Concord Rangers this weekend.

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1

#Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron says the club have now drawn up a shortlist of candidates for their vacant managerial post

Cameron says they're now embarking on the interview process, adding that they hope to have the new man in place before the end of next week

still unsure why people are still keen on Robbo for the job, we should be looking forwards not backwards based on past successes. The lack of activity he's had on the managerial front in the last few years is deafening...

• Agree 1

I dont want Robbo back but I will stand up for him here. He lost some of his jobs due to situations outwith his control. He was the first of Mad Vlads victims, County brought him in under false pretences and left him with no option but to resign and he got caught in the middle of a boardroom dispute as Derry got rid of him so they could bring Stephen Kenny back as their manager. I will admit he bombed East Fife and Livi though.

As said I dont want him back but just think it should be noted that he hasnt been a disaster everywhere he has gone since he left. Suffered more from bad luck. 

• Agree 1

I just had a look and just found out that Henrik Larsson is currently the assistant of Hogaborgs BK. I thought he was unemployed but isn't so that would mean compensation and permission would need to be granted to talk to him. 

Guest Mahonio

Just read on Highland News website that Sutton and Shiels are widely tipped for job, if thats case then its Shiels for me, can't post a link to article as I'm on my phone.

Just read on Highland News website that Sutton and Shiels are widely tipped for job, if thats case then its Shiels for me, can't post a link to article as I'm on my phone.

Offering nothing more than Bookie odds that weve seen already.

• Agree 1

Robbo left with well wishes from all of us but he still left for Hearts which cannot be forgotten, if he were to come back and do well then he'd probably make the same move back to them again at some point.

Yes and no. Robbo is a legend to the Hearts fans. In a way it's a pity he made that move. Many Hearts season ticket holders have told me he was taken to smooth over the installing of Romanov. How'd he do with East Fife?