FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roscoe

davieB

He's taken some (deserved) stick this season, from me for one.

Today though he was immense. Back to those barnstorming runs, those no nonsense tackles, and those wee dribbles that leave you wondering 'how the feck did he just get past 3 of them!!'. At one point in the second half I thought he was going to decapitate one Hibs player on the touchline, as he went for him like a man possessed.

Great stuff Ross, more of the same next week please :022:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among a team without a failure Ross had a great game today.

The abuse that he has taken this season from St Mirren fans who pose as ICT supporters on here has been sickening.

Here is a man who without the benefit of a pre season and carrying a type of injury that was enough to keep others on their sickbeds has given of his best for his club.

In his testimonial year.

Yes, in his testimonial year, 10 years of the same 100% effort. Always improving, always 100%.

And the thanks he gets.......

Ross, and for that matter, Craig please be aware that despite what is conveyed on here you are appreciated and the great majority will always support anybody that pulls on the shirt.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Among a team without a failure Ross had a great game today.

The abuse that he has taken this season from St Mirren fans who pose as ICT supporters on here has been sickening.

Here is a man who without the benefit of a pre season and carrying a type of injury that was enough to keep others on their sickbeds has given of his best for his club.

In his testimonial year.

Yes, in his testimonial year, 10 years of the same 100% effort. Always improving, always 100%.

And the thanks he gets.......

Ross, and for that matter, Craig please be aware that despite what is conveyed on here you are appreciated and the great majority will always support anybody that pulls on the shirt.

:025: :025: :025: :025: :025:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

He wasn't really tested today. If John Collins had done his homework (and I suspect he hadn't - he strikes me as aloof and obviously doesn't respect us based on comments he made earlier on in the season about how Hibs 'shouldn't be playing well against the OF, then losing against teams like Inverness') he would have put Sproule out against Roscoe, but he left him on the bench, then put him up against Hastings - one of the only left backs in the SPL who can match him.

Tokely was one of our best players by far today and it was nice to see him back to his best

It's another landmark for him on Sunday Vs Celtic as it'll be his 300th league start  :025:

Captain for the day I hope  :003:

Well said Sophia, Toklers was better than immense, he was doing to their wingers what they were supposed to be doing to us. He deserved a goal for his efforts, mazy runs, drifting past players with consumate ease and put the foot in where it hurts.......................10 out of 10 for me.

Sophia, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, just as others are entitled to their opinions.

I think you are unfairly generalising about people on here. Rosscoe has had nothing but praise on this board for years and this is pretty much the first season where his ability has ever been called into question.

I would agree that some people are perhaps guilty of forgetting that he did not have a pre-season and that he has also been carrying an injury that might have sidelined other players but the very first post on this thread was someone saying "I gave him stick so now I am giving praise where its due". I would call that a pretty well rounded and honest posting.

We seem to have a few categories of posters on this board

1. Always positive no matter what and players can never do any wrong

2. Usually positive and although hesitant to criticise players, do so from time to time

3. Realistic - give praise where it is due, and criticism where it is due

4. Usually negative and although hesitant to praise players, do so from time to time

5. Always negative no matter what and players can never do any right

It would be nice if we could have a board made up of "3"s and everyone would accept that praise and criticism should be handed out in equal measure where merited, but the truth of the matter is that we have posters in each and every one of those categories and if you are a 1 and they are a 5 you are going to get some heated arguments - it doesnt make you right and them wrong, or vice versa, it just means you have differing opinions which you are entitled to.

oh, and before you ask - I have always been a big fan of Rosscoe so am delighted that he seems to be getting back to his best in the last few games.

I'm easily a 5 :016:

Sort of disagree though, I think a lot of Rossco's work goes unnoticed during games and just because he looks out of place some fans like to pick him as the first person to criticise.  He has always been slow but that's just his style of defending, you will very rairly find a player cut inside Rossco, he normally always makes them run the channels which is exactly what a good full back should be doing.  He is also one of our best defenders for set pieces and very rairly misses a header, infact he is one of the few real characters we have in the squad and gives his all for the badge and instead of the fans showing the same loyalty he has shown us it seems easier for fans... to moan that he is not good enough etc.

Give me a team of Rossco's anyday

Depends on the subject, but when it comes to players I like to think I am a 3, although depending on who the player is and the apsect of their game being discussed I can skirt with being a 2.5 or 3.5.  I like to think that my views and opinions are well balanced and realistic and rarely post unless I can back up what I say with some facts/examples.

For me, if a player is out there giving 100% then you can ask no more, sometimes they will have poor games, but that does not mean they aren't trying.  It's when I think a player isn't giving his all that I will float more towards the 3.5 and when they are giving their all and nothing is coming off for them then I can be a bit defensive of criticism directed at them and tend towards the 2.5.

Personally I love watching Rossco. He's a **** good defender but when he makes one of his forward runs he has the capability oof making something happen. I think him and Barry link well in the overlap. But what I like most is the way the main stand vibrates as Rossco thumps past :015: