FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Russell Duncan Appreciation Thread

RiG

I see Russeldinho had a bit of a 'GIRUY' moment in his interview last night  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Can't blame him, I still think the team's not the same when he's out, the amount of grafting he does, never hides on the park, so gets a lot of the blame when it goes wrong. I had it between him and Dodsy for MoM.

Feckin get a shave Russell BTW  :020:

Russell never seems to give up despite criticism and we are very lucky we have such a guy who is 120% committed to the jersey and club. This goal was a great response for being substituted against Celtic when he did n't deserve to be hooked. Winding up the United supporters from a safe distance was skilful in its own right. 

Guest PaulieBee

Good thread. Its good to see Russeldinho getting some well deserved credit.

I also think we are a much better team when he's in the team and IMHO we are a much more difficult side to breakdown.

Cracking goal  :021:

He's always been a decent anchor man, but also has more quality going forward than he gets credit for - his goal was no fluke, he's connected like that loads of times. Remember his goal against Falkirk at the end of last season?

Maybe he should be given a chance from some of our direct free kicks? Wilson has been pretty wasteful recently, maybe it's time to give someone else a go.

I have liked Russell Duncan since he played a pivotal part in our success in 2002/03 playing the holding role.  He has had difficulties in the SPL but has also produced some excellent displays.  I thought he looked good against Celtic from the telly and he was excellent in the last game I was at, the St Mirren match on New Years Day.  He is also capable of a good ping, superb goal and hilarious celebration  :015:

Russell played as a striker for Scotland Under 16s and I believe was a record breaking goalscorer as a youngster  :010:  Get him and McSwegan upfront Christie!  :004:

I would also like to thank Duncan for nailing that wee ballbag James Grady in a game v Ayr at Somerset.

He didn't nail him.  he made a fair challange for the ball, Grady stamped on him and inexplicably both were sent off.  Prior to that match we were top of the league and Russell had played in jsut about every game.  He then was suspended and subsequently injured as we fell away from the title race.

Not joining the Russell Duncan Fan Club just yet, but his performances in recent weeks have been much improved.

Thought he got the better of the Hibs and 'Tic midfield and was surprised when he was substituted.

Dodgy whiskers on Sportscene though RD!!!

Great player, always singing his praises.  As said in one of the papers last weekend, he's Mr Muscle, loves the jobs you hate!!  He rarely gets noticed due to the role he plays but he deserves plaudits for the amount of grafting he does.  The main turing point in the Celtic game for me was when he went off, he was absorbing anything they had and then it went pair shaped when he was subbed.

And what a goal!  Loved the celebration as well!!!