FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser too lightweight?

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

hes a far better keeper than brown, he just needs to settle into the first team. People are saying he doesnt command his area, when did brown ever try to claim a cross? Even browns defence ignored him when he called for the ball cos he was junk at catching and the back 4 had no trust in his ability to claim loose or in comming balls. brown was an amazing shot stopper, may be one of the best, but he couldnt catch, kick, punch, stop penalties or even talk to his back 4.

That's harsh in the extreme. Sure his penalty saving was poor but normally what chance do Keepers have with penalties? Kicking was poor though.

I find it quite hilarious that as soon as Brown has left we suddenly all think that he wasn't really that good. His command of the area was excellent and he (generally) communicated well with the defence.

Both are excellent keepers IMO and any criticism of Brown (other than his kicking) is borne out of spite.

In the last cople of seasons (especially this season) Brown was really starting to show improvements when it came to commanding his area.

One thing that used to annoy me about Brown was his reluctance to play the quick ball back out into play, often allowing opponents to reform at the back after coming forward.  Fraser seems to have more vision and confidence in this department and I think our forward play is benefiting as a result.

It's early days and I think Fraser is still to be truly tested, but so far so good and long may it continue.

Guest Arab4Ever

He looked confident on Saturday. He had the ball at his feet with Noel steaming in but calmy tapped it behind his back to the left and then hoofed it up the field with his left boot. His positioning looked a bit suspect at Robertson's offside "goal" although it did look like Robertson was all over him.

Mike has only had three games so far. Yes he's likely to be a bit nervous but that will go in time. He is very confident to dribble the ball and try to make something of the unneccessary pass backs he recieves. To me thats better than humping the ball into the stands. He can read the game well and makes some good, quick throw outs and he can kick the ball. At the end of the day Mike will shine and everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about.

He hasn't really been tested yet. I don't think Hibs, United or even Celtic managed all that many shots on goal. That said his 'average goals conceded' stat must be the best of any keeper playing in the league at the moment. Let's see how long he can keep that going.

Hopefully he realizes that the other teams will be looking to catch him out dribbling now that they've seen him at it, so he won't try it again for a wee while. The last thing we want is our own Jorge Campos (remember the Mexican keeper at US 94 who thought he was a striker?)  :018:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WELh6HlmPcE