Miles Storey back?

Caleyjag

I see that Scott Burns (who to be fair is normally bang on with his stories) is reporting that Storey is coming back on a 2 year deal and will be in the squad tomorrow. Thoughts? Does it mean we're going to sell one of our other forwards? 

This is surprising and interesting in equal measure. Scott Burns is an excellent source so I assume its true.

In his first spell with us I was a big fan. He was certainly streaky in front of goal but his workrate was outstanding and he has pace to burn. He was an excellent fit for Yogi's team because of his ability and willingness to get in behind and chase the ball into channels.

He's had a dreadful time of it since though. At Aberdeen he struggled to get gametime and when he did play it always seemed to be out wide where his impact was limited. That seemed to drain his confidence and he didn't get it back at Partick Thistle, where they also seemed to stick him on the flank most of the time. His performance for Thistle against us last September summed it up - he tried unbelievably hard but every touch was too heavy, every decision was the wrong one and to cap it all he missed a penalty!

I'm convinced there's a player there though. I wonder how Robbo intends to use him? If it's as a wide player I think he'll struggle. In theory a little-and-large front two with White or Todorov could work I suppose. Robbo seems to like a big centre forward though so I'm not sure we'll see him as a lone frontman.

Oh yaaaas if the big man comes back trust me we'll run UTD all the way Storeys a great player way better than what we've got if this is true it's proper made my week! Storeys the man so different from our static frontmen least he'll run at defenders! So what if he's had a bad time at Thistle get him snapped up Robbo 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Very surprised and ambivalent about this. I'd imagine that Alan Simpsons bedroom looks like a Jackson Pollock painting right now.

Narey sums it up well (as usual). He was really effective playing off the shoulder of the last defender and thrived on some of the gorgeous slide rule passes that Christie would play to him. He's not really had the level of service at the other clubs he's been at since and I can't see who would offer that in this ICT team. Maybe if we still had a Vigurs or a Polworth perhaps but obviously we don't have that any more. Scott Burns is normally spot on so there would seem to be something in this. Wouldn't be disappointed but wouldn't really be jumping for joy at the same time.

Awkward for the group of ICT fans who barrack him at Firhill if he does come back :wink:

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I'm convinced there's a player there though. I wonder how Robbo intends to use him? If it's as a wide player I think he'll struggle. In theory a little-and-large front two with White or Todorov could work I suppose. Robbo seems to like a big centre forward though so I'm not sure we'll see him as a lone frontman.

We could certainly use his pace through the middle, but I can't see us doing that if Todorov and Keatings are in the team.

He was a very exciting player to watch when he was with us, I seem to remember him destroying County one winter game. I have no idea if he is the same player now, but if he is, would definitely be worth a punt, though i would prefer to see him on some kind of trial first, rather than getting  lumbered with a player if it doesn't work out.

But if he is up to his old tricks, he could be very valuable as a supplier to the front line, as well as scoring a few himself. Would be fun if he comes back with that smile he used to play with, like he actually enjoyed playing for us.

• Like 1

I recall that goal. We won 3-0 that day. I was treated to hospitality at County so was in with home fans so had to mute my celebrations. Draper and Polworth got the others if my memory is working. Memories!

Done deals?

1 minute ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

IHE--Storey back, Tansey back in a deal taking White to St Midden. Buying Todorov now makes sense.

I agree....these guys were /are gooood.

Done deals?

Not entirely sure if we actually have signed Storey...clubs said nothing (as of yet), thinking it was just a rouse to get media attention. Robbo did also mention in the P&J (either that or the Courier) that he wasn't looking to bolster the squad until around Deadline Day if necessary...