FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Strip

chris123

Guest TinCanFan

Prefered last seasons versions and also it looks like a new goalkeeper shirt to add to the ten different ones they had last season.

Prefered last seasons versions and also it looks like a new goalkeeper shirt to add to the ten different ones they had last season.

The only difference is the sponsor isn't it?

Good amount of money for 2 seasons. How much was the Inverness Medical deal worth by comparison?

The only difference is the sponsor isn't it?

Good amount of money for 2 seasons. How much was the Inverness Medical deal worth by comparison?

As pedantic as it sounds i think the red is slightly lighter and the box around the sponsor does make a slight difference

My understanding is that the deal is potentially more than twice as lucrative as the last one. Very much on a par with what the likes of Dundee United get for shirt sponsorship. A good bit of business here by the commercial department.

Having said that, it's a pity that the online shop is still displaying the old kit.

Give them a chance ..... they probably only got the tops in the last day or so and the press release likely went out as soon as the photographers had been at the stadium !!! When i first read the article, it appeared without a photo so that suggests that Fiona only got it this afternoon from the photographer. I am sure it will change very soon.

Guest TinCanFan

It looks like ICT's colours are slightly changing from red and blue to red and orange.  Are we slowly turning into Dundee United?  If I were a Thistle fan I wouldn't be pleased. They also should have that red band on the sponsor.  If they had just left it with the basic stripes running through the sponsor it would look much better.     

Having said that, it's a pity that the online shop is still displaying the old kit.

Talking of the online shop it has the adult home shirt priced lower than a child's!

Pity the club could not have had the foresight to have the sponsorship and strip running concurrently, kids want the same strip as the players on the park.

But looking at the bigger picture if its beneficial to the club ,then it must be a good deal.

Pity the club could not have had the foresight to have the sponsorship and strip running concurrently, kids want the same strip as the players on the park. But looking at the bigger picture if its beneficial to the club ,then it must be a good deal.

The club change one of their two strips every year so this will happen every time the sponsor changes .... although I could see the point of synchronising it with the home kit. Having said that, I think the new away strip will be a huge seller and with it not changing for two seasons then buyers will get a full two years out of it before the sponsorship deal comes up for renewal.

Pity the club could not have had the foresight to have the sponsorship and strip running concurrently, kids want the same strip as the players on the park. But looking at the bigger picture if its beneficial to the club ,then it must be a good deal.

The club change one of their two strips every year so this will happen every time the sponsor changes .... although I could see the point of synchronising it with the home kit. Having said that, I think the new away strip will be a huge seller and with it not changing for two seasons then buyers will get a full two years out of it before the sponsorship deal comes up for renewal.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion as I think the new sponsorship is good for the club but I suspect next seasons strip will not be considered a new strip but the existing strip with a new sponsors name. Therefore the following season there will  a new strip with flybe , but if they do not renew their Sponsor deal the following season it will be a change of Sponsor if you follow my reasoning.

Therefore parents with young kids may feel pressurised to by the uptodate home strip every yearand every second year a new away one too.

In the past if you wanted to be uptodate with strips it was one new one per year,  home one year away the next etc

It's just a personal observation my kids birthdays are in September we buy the tops, one uncle buys the socks another the shorts everybody happy (for once!!!!)

I know sad old git moaning on etc, but I've just paid for 4 season tickets I know that the pleading will soon start for the flybe strip

i know what you mean agent N

i have just paid for my season ticket and have alreay paid out for two of the limited edition tops this year. 530 quid gone in the blink of an eye.

thnakfully though my daughter is getting one of the limited edition tops which i HOPE will have the flybe logo on them. hers is getting framed anyway so its not too bad but i really feel for you mate that can't be esay.

(too late to hide the edit  :023:)

Guest TinCanFan

You have to remember that the light under the stand is diiferent from on the pitch but if you look at the picture of Dean McDonald in the new ICT shirt it is taken on the pitch in roughly the same area as the picture of Richie Hart is and the red does look a bit brighter.