FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tattoos

CaleyD

We all know that IHE has a couple of tattoos, but I was wondering who else on here has them?

Been thinking about getting one now for a number of years and have now decided that I actually want to get two  :015:

Looking for some recommendations as to which places I should be considering?  Have had a look at some websites and it looks like the quality can vary widely.  One of the tattoos I want to get done will (hopefully) have a fair bit of detail and having now decided I want to go ahead with it, my next worry is making sure I choose the right artist.

can highly recommend tribe....

they have shops in glasgow and edinburgh.  i know that it's a bit away but at the end of the day a tat is for life....

you can phone them and discuss things with them or there's a forum on their website.

www.tribetattoo.co.uk

morag's the boss and seems to be really good.  she can recommend someone if she couldn't do it...

don't just go for someone cos they're close and certainly not cos they're cheap...

I have one or two  :001:

I would thoroughly recommend Stix (or Kev for that matter) at Draconian Tattoo in Aberdeen. I've actually got a session tomorrow to continue work on my latest piece, although it'll still require a few sittings yet before it's finished!

I have a tattoo of a thistle on my right shoulder.

I regretted showing it to IHE, because then he showed him his.

I didn't eat for 3 days

My erse.  :001:

I have actually got a tattoo around my foreskin - I got it done in Wales whilst stopping at a famous railway station and thought it would be the ideal souvenir to have the name etched forever.

My erse.  :001:

I have actually got a tattoo around my foreskin - I got it done in Wales whilst stopping at a famous railway station and thought it would be the ideal souvenir to have the name etched forever.

Heard about that one .... "Rhyl" wasnt it  :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I have one, quite wee and still looks great after nearly 20 years although a bit faded! Its just black though, the coloured ones seem to fade patchily and don't age as nicely.

Bet the guy who got a dashed line with "Cut Here" round his throat regrets it now though  :015: Used to see him around Sneck about the same time I got my one done but it wasn't enough to put me off  :015:

There used to be a joke about that, involving the words 'Ludo' and 'Llandudno" ......

Uncle Albert has two or three on his arms - one is a parrot but it looks more like a budgie to me.

I think he regrets having them done - a drunken trip ashore in Singapore or sumsuch place.

I'm not a fan myself - as has been said, imagine when you get older and wrinkly.

:crazy07:

The idea of getting a Tattoo is something I have pondered over since I was about 17, and the reason I haven't had it done to date is because I wanted to make sure I was through the younger more crazy years before making a final decision as to whether it was something I really wanted to live with for the rest of my life.

I've gone through all the "Taz Devil would look cool" and "Celtic Bands are all the Rage" phase and time and again I come back to the same thing that I want and have always wanted.

I'm very specific in what I want for one of them...It's a Druidic version of Merlin the Wizard yielding Excalibur - Druidism/Paganism is always something that has fascinated me and although I wouldn't class myself as being either a Druid or a Pagan, I do actually believe in the "logic" behind these cultures (deliberate avoidance of the word religion, that's a whole other conversation)...that being the fact that you get back from life what you put in to it.  Merlin is a strong/wise/respected character and represents many of those people (men and women) who've influenced/guided me over the years - trust me when I say that you have to be a strong character to influence me or nudge me back on track...lol.  And I decided on Excalibur instead of a staff as it ties in to my interest in Arthurian Legend and also represents the fact that from time to time you have to be willing to go up against the odds to fight for something you believe in.

I'll spend whatever it takes and go wherever I need to go to get the right person to tattoo me.  Maimie recommended someone above and I've had other people pointing me in the same direction.  I've seen some of her work first hand and also seen a lot of pictures of what she does, not only is it of a high quality but it seems to capture feeling and that's what I'm after.

My other tattoo won't be anywhere near the same size or level of detail...it is ICT related, but I'm keeping the concept for it a closely guarded secret for now - that means anyone I've told has to do the same  :001:

If I'm fortunate enough to get old and wrinkly, the last thing on my mind is going to be an old tattoo.

There used to be a joke about that, involving the words 'Ludo' and 'Llandudno" ......

Are you sure it wasn't 'York' and 'ok' ?  :001:

There's a brilliant programme called Miami Ink on Discovery Channel, follows the lives of 4 guys who own a Tattoo Shop in Miami.  If you check out the artist section on the Miami Ink Discovery website, there's loads of piccies posted of work they have done, fans tats etc.

Public's perception of Tattoo's certainly seems to be shifting, people reveal quite touching stories about tattoo's as tributes, life changing events etc.  Becoming more and more recognised as an Art Form now - rightly so in my opinon.

I'd love to get one, but I'm a typical woman and would change my mind three times before getting to the shop!  :015:

Good luck CD - give us girls a look when it'd done!  :016: :015:

Mrs PB

The idea of getting a Tattoo is something I have pondered over since I was about 17, and the reason I haven't had it done to date is because I wanted to make sure I was through the younger more crazy years before making a final decision as to whether it was something I really wanted to live with for the rest of my life.

I've gone through all the "Taz Devil would look cool" and "Celtic Bands are all the Rage" phase and time and again I come back to the same thing that I want and have always wanted.

I'm very specific in what I want for one of them...It's a Druidic version of Merlin the Wizard yielding Excalibur - Druidism/Paganism is always something that has fascinated me and although I wouldn't class myself as being either a Druid or a Pagan, I do actually believe in the "logic" behind these cultures (deliberate avoidance of the word religion, that's a whole other conversation)...that being the fact that you get back from life what you put in to it.  Merlin is a strong/wise/respected character and represents many of those people (men and women) who've influenced/guided me over the years - trust me when I say that you have to be a strong character to influence me or nudge me back on track...lol.  And I decided on Excalibur instead of a staff as it ties in to my interest in Arthurian Legend and also represents the fact that from time to time you have to be willing to go up against the odds to fight for something you believe in.

I'll spend whatever it takes and go wherever I need to go to get the right person to tattoo me.  Maimie recommended someone above and I've had other people pointing me in the same direction.  I've seen some of her work first hand and also seen a lot of pictures of what she does, not only is it of a high quality but it seems to capture feeling and that's what I'm after.

My other tattoo won't be anywhere near the same size or level of detail...it is ICT related, but I'm keeping the concept for it a closely guarded secret for now - that means anyone I've told has to do the same  :001:

If I'm fortunate enough to get old and wrinkly, the last thing on my mind is going to be an old tattoo.

If you were genuinely crazy when younger then you'd have just got a tattoo! But to my point... My recent tattoos are all of pagan (i.e. pre-Christian) origin and they very much mean something to me, whose family is entirely from the north of Scotland. We should never forget our tribal origins in my opinion. What separates the north of Scotland from the rest of Britain culturally is that we were never 'Romanised' - the Romans were up here but didn't (or perhaps didn't want to) conquer. Our native tribal customs persevered and were intertwined with later Christianity. The little that's known of our native culture shows it to be, in my opinion, very 'beautiful' (for want of a better term!). It was intrinsically linked with nature in such a way that significant environmental damage was avoided. Romanised culture with the view of 'man controlling nature' has fu*ked up so many things around the world. OK, off-topic rant over  :001:

There's a brilliant programme called Miami Ink on Discovery Channel,

Look out for the spin-off series .... LA Ink - even weirder !

Theres even a London Ink now.

I watched a bit of London Ink - not impressed! 

Haven't seen LA Ink yet - quite intrigued though - KAT Von D's Portraits were stunning!

There's certainly alot more to it than most people think eh!

Ah yes - tattoos.

Chaps used to come home from National Service and impress the **** outa the burds with them. Seafarers used to be heavily tattooed; at least the ones who had been anywhere.

Nowadays though, tattoos conjure up images of foul-mouthed trollops on Jeremy Kyle or the like.

Don't do it - ferks sake!  :001:

Ah yes - tattoos.

Chaps used to come home from National Service and impress the **** outa the burds with them. Seafarers used to be heavily tattooed; at least the ones who had been anywhere.

Nowadays though, tattoos conjure up images of foul-mouthed trollops on Jeremy Kyle or the like.

Don't do it - ferks sake!  :001:

There seems to be different attitudes to getting a tattoo these days. It usually begins with the 'I want a tattoo' attitude which is often driven by trends (i.e., these days girls with tribal-type design at the bottom of their back, guys with tribal designs on upper arm). This is how I began. But for a small proportion of people this develops into a bigger commitment to 'body art' (for want of a better expression) and the tattoos begin to take on a far more personal meaning to the wearer. I now fall firmly into the latter camp I would say!

Guest pompeyjags

i.e., these days girls with tribal-type design at the bottom of their back

apparently known as a 'sl*g-tag' according to my ex, who funnily enuff wants to get one now she single... strange :024:

I kicked off the consultation with Tribe Tattoo this week on my ICT inspired ink-job.  Have to say that even though the process is taking place via e.mail and phone that they have been extremely helpful.

Just waiting on some drawings now to see how they have interpreted my explanation and if it matches the image in my head!!!

I probably sound like a big kid, but it's quite exciting to have finally got the ball rolling.