FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NOVEMBER

Our next two games could reshape our season - at home to Muvverwell and St Midden whilst Gretna entertain Hibs and Hearts. If we put 6 points on the board and pull 12 points clear we can start restructuring in the January sales and also start getting a structure to our playing system and stop all the feckin chopping and changing.

St Mirren will be a tough game.  They are unbeatenin their last three games and are getting results.  They have a solid team and even the perpetually ***** Billy Mehmet seems to be producing the goods with a couple of goals and an assist in the last three games. 

i think we'll definately need 6 points. have a nasty feeling everyone's writing gretna off to soon. yes they are pish at the moment but they did come within a couple of minutes of beating celtic, did pretty well at ibrox and beat utd. i wouldn't rule out a change of fortune for them yet although their gonna be battling relegation for sure.we need to be sure were well out of it and falkirk and midden can fight it out.

i think we'll definately need 6 points. have a nasty feeling everyone's writing gretna off to soon. yes they are pish at the moment but they did come within a couple of minutes of beating celtic, did pretty well at ibrox and beat utd.

Performances count for hee haw at the end of the day. Fact is that they might have put in a good performance against Rangers/Celtic but they got no points from these games.

Since then they have been thumped by ourselves, easily dispatched by Falkirk and St. Mirren somehow only scored once against them.

When teams around them at the bottom of the table can soundly beat them putting up a decent fight against Rangers or Celtic counts for absolutely nothing.

yeah but weve had plenty of those sorts of performances ourselves, especially first six games.

if they take performances shown against the likes of the old firm into games against the other teams they will start picking up points.

dont get me wrong, i expect them to go down, but just think we'll have to look after ourselves rather than getting complacent and thinking at least gretna's here this year so we cant go down cos they'll lose every week.

that could lead to some short feckin nails towards the end of season

I see what you are saying but turning in a good performance against the OF counts for nothing if you don't get something out of it. Gretna didn't but, additionally, they can't win their bread and butter games against sides of "around their level" in the bottom half of the table.

In fact in these games they have been torn apart by the lesser teams. It is results against the likes of us and Falkirk etc. that will shape their season not Rangers and Celtic. And currently they are being easily dispatched by ourselves and the rest.

I don't hold out any hope for them whatsoever.

i think we'll definately need 6 points. have a nasty feeling everyone's writing gretna off to soon. yes they are pish at the moment but they did come within a couple of minutes of beating celtic, did pretty well at ibrox and beat utd. i wouldn't rule out a change of fortune for them yet although their gonna be battling relegation for sure.we need to be sure were well out of it and falkirk and midden can fight it out.
Yes i agree we shouldnt be too confident that Gretna will go down , Its not that long ago since we  were promoted & i'm sure many didnt expect us to stay up & here we are 4 seasons on !

Guest Aboynamedsue

Hope to see several points over next 4 games otherwise i'm afraid it will truly be seasonal greetings :019: :019: :019: for ICT

Guest Jock Watt

I see what you are saying but turning in a good performance against the OF counts for nothing if you don't get something out of it. Gretna didn't . . .

Aye, RiG, but then so far this season, NEITHER HAVE WE !!!!!!!!!!!

missing the point though Jock, like Gretna, for they have got nothing from the bottom six teams either, unless Hearts are lurking around there as they drew with them.  We brushed them aside, as have Falkirk and Mirren easily won albeit only 1-0. Killie also beat the 1-2.

Thanks TM4TJ. That is the key difference Jock. Regardless of our results against the OF we have easily taken care of Falkirk and Gretna. Gretna have struggled in the games they have to win if they want to stay up having lost twice to Falkirk, St. Mirren and of course getting thrashed by an ICT side barely out of 2nd gear.

Guest Jock Watt

Ah yes, but then again, I want ICT to win EVERY game - including the SPL, the Scottish Cup and any other games they may play !

:021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021:

But you're still missing the point.

Everyone wants to see their team win as many games as possible. Gretna have seldom come close to achieving this. The games they have the best chance of winning haven't been won and that is what is sealing their return to SFL1.

Their season will be dictated by the results they gain against ICT, Falkirk etc. and they are results they haven't gotten yet and haven't even looked like getting. Their performances have been very poor and they haven't looked like a team that can win.

a lot of points getting missed here  :003:

we can all see gretna are not picking up points against the teams in the lower reaches like ourselves or against anyone almost, but i think they have shown in a few games e.g celtic , rangers, utd and hearts that they are capable of playing to a standard that will deliver points if produced against teams near the bottom of the league.

i'm not saying they will be able to do this, just that stranger things have happened, and i wouldn't want to say we have no chance of being relegated as some fans at seem to think, until they are very much isolated at the bottom by a margin of a lot more than 6 points

a lot of points getting missed here  :003:

we can all see gretna are not picking up points against the teams in the lower reaches like ourselves or against anyone almost, but i think they have shown in a few games e.g celtic , rangers, utd and hearts that they are capable of playing to a standard that will deliver points if produced against teams near the bottom of the league.

i'm not saying they will be able to do this, just that stranger things have happened, and i wouldn't want to say we have no chance of being relegated as some fans at seem to think, until they are very much isolated at the bottom by a margin of a lot more than 6 points

Any team can raise itself for one good game here and there ... we have done it too !!!

However, I agree with those that say Gretna's fate will be decided by how they perform against fellow bottom 5/6 teams ..... Forget the OF, Aberdeen, DUFC and Hearts and Hibs and even Kilmarnock for a minute as these will probably be favourites for the top 6/7 in the end ..... I cannot see them going on a sustained run where they beat ICT, Falkirk, St Mirren, and Motherwell which are the teams they are really fighting it out with ....

In our first 11 games we have beaten Falkirk, Gretna and Hearts (bonus), drawn with Killie, and lost to the rest. Gretna on the other hand have drawn with Hearts (bonus) and beaten DUFC (bonus) and lost the rest. They have looked decidedly shabby against fellow basement battlers and luckily for us after the start we made are the team most likely to be relegated.