FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rankin Can Go

Kingsmills

Guest WynessLegend

Who do you feel in our squad offers sufficient talent to provide back up to the left sided midfield position?

Alan Morgan

Markus Paatelainen

Barry Wilson, &

Roy McBain

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WynessLegend, not one of those players is better than Rankin on the left hand side or in the middle.

I'm disgusted by this decision for too many reasons.

I hope Rankin scores a hat trick against us next time hes in Inverness.

If the fans views arent being listened to on this site, then make them known at the game, I'd suggest a chorus of 'One John Rankin' and should we go behind to St Mirren a fair ' Brewster, get to f##k'  :022:

Alan Morgan

Markus Paatelainen

Barry Wilson, &

Roy McBain

:015:

Agree with CH2. Not a single one of those players is better than Rankin on the left hand side.

Morgan has never been consistant enough and he's had more than 2 years at ICT to try and show what he is worth. He was absolute dross when on loan at County as well. Paatelainen is consistently injured and has done nothing to suggest he is even half as good as Rankin is. Barry Wilson isn't as effective over 90 minutes but he is good while Roy is to defensive and doesn't carry the same threat going forward.

Rankin offers more than each of those four players both on the left and in the middle of the pitch.

Guest WynessLegend

Hardly likely Clacher. I can't remember the crowd ever getting behind him when he was a regular.

It may be more productive to get behind those players selected to play, and to get behind our manager.

It's a matter of opinion - but I believe Morgan is a far better prospect than Rankin.

Our squad is top heavy with midfielders. I don't think anyone could deny that.

And in the current situation is it not best to get rid of one or two that we could get a few quid for?

St Mirren are interested in Rankin. We need a defender. Simple mathematics.

How much do you really think Rankin is worth?  Do you honestly believe hes worth more than ICT would already be prepared to pay for a good enough defender?

What kind of quality defender can you buy with 30k?  In Scotland, to get a decent defender, we'd be looking at 100k minimum, if we werent going for a free transfer.

Your entitled to your opinion but I'm also entitled to say its absolute rot big chap.

Guest WynessLegend

Of course.

That's why it's called an opinion.

I'm not suggesting that Rankin will necessarily command a sufficient fee to bring in the defender we want.

However, the money we get from him will go towards the price we have to pay. Similarly the wages we currently pay Rankin will go towards the wages of a new defender.

Good business. Good management.

I've not been overly impressed by Rankin from day one. Aye, he's scored some great games, but there's plenty of games he's been woeful.

In saying that though.......he's got the ability, and I certainly wouldn't like to see him go. Get rid of Morgan,  and Marcus if we've too many midfielders. Neither is SPL standard, and it's depressing to think Brewster thinks they're more important to us than Rankin.

and lets not forget that Rankin can score - usually crucial - goals !!! If one of his goals meant we finished the season even one place higher in the table thats worth a six figure sum !!!

I can see the arguments for letting him go as we do have too many midfielders and he is one we might get some cash for but when you are talking of selling someone for 20, 30, or 40k but know that they have the potential to earn you two or three times that amount if given the chance then it doesnt make any sense at all. There are at least 4 or 5 people I would let go before him.

Where did the Joh Rankin fan club appear from?

He's always the first man to go missing on the field when the chips are down and before we start laying into Brewster for this, remember that CC dropped at times last season and just before he left this season.

We need fighters in the team this year and Rankin has never shown himself to be one.

If the right defender was available, we would pay the price for them and offload the loan signings to make way for extra wages, not selling/offloading Rankin has no bearing whatsoever on our ability to bring in a new player.

How you could possibly say Markus Paatelainen, who has only ever shown good form at Cowdenbeath and hardly impressed despite scoring two goals in one of his rare fit periods last season, who isnt even in Scotland, is better than a proven goalscorer, playmaker, former under 21 international captain and match winner is ridiculous.

How could you then possibly claim that Barry Wilson is MORE valuable to the squad than Rankin?  At Rankins age, Wilson was nowhere near the player John is today and at Barrys age he should accept being told we need him to make way to free up wages, should we have to.

Roy McBain and Alan Morgan arent in the same league as John Rankin.  I'm afraid to say WynessLegend that your posts sound far to 'on message' as Tony Blair would say and difficult to take seriously.

Where did the Joh Rankin fan club appear from?

We need fighters in the team this year and Rankin has never shown himself to be one.

I'm far from his number one fan but it is the fact that players who have been fringe players for some time now who are suddenly ahead of him that is causing the general bewilderment.

I wouldn't exactly class Morgan or Markus as fighters myself incidentally.

Get rid of Morgan,  and Marcus if we've too many midfielders. Neither is SPL standard, and it's depressing to think Brewster thinks they're more important to us than Rankin.

Agree with that myself.

Guest TinCanFan

I think that it would be stupid to get rid of Rankin, a player who can be a great part of ICT in the future.  Some of Brewster's decisions really are barking mad.

Plus our no 1 signing target is McGuire who we can sign on a Bosman

Not bosman till end of season. If we want to keep him in january Dunfermline will be looking for something.

If we need to strengthen at the back then the midfield must be trimmed to accomodate. Who best to get rid of then the higher paid player. May get something in transfer fee but we also free up wages. I dont think the powers that be are so stupid as to not see a good bit of business.

Guest WynessLegend

I'm afraid to say WynessLegend that your posts sound far to 'on message' as Tony Blair would say and difficult to take seriously.

You don't like Brewster as ICT manager.

I do.

To suggest this means that none of my opinions should be taken seriously is laughable.

We all have our opinions.

In my opinion it would be a sound move to let Rankin move on.

In my opinion Morgan is a better footballer.

Every club has supporters who think they could do a better job than their manager. This forum seems to attract a large number of supporters wjho fall into this category.

Every club has supporters who think they could do a better job than their manager. This forum seems to attract a large number of supporters who fall into this category.

every football forum does !.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Tbh I like Rankin, but he does not consistantly play well, for whatever reason, since he's moved to us.  Sure he has scored some vital goals for us but he doesn't seem able to do it regularly enough.  I am on two minds over the prospect of him leaving the club but he obviously isn't doing enough in training to impress Brew to get into the team.  Is he better than McBain?  Maybe but he is also a different kind of player to McBain (TBH I think McBain should be playing at Left Back). 

We have all known that we were going to have to move on 1 or 2 Midfielders to get in some new players and Rankin seems to be the casulty in all of this.  I still believe we need at least 2 more defenders in the squad with at least one of them being able to play right back to provide a kick up the erse for our current back 4.

Guest WynessLegend

Every club has supporters who think they could do a better job than their manager. This forum seems to attract a large number of supporters who fall into this category.

every football forum does !.

True Scotty, and that's half the fun of football. But saying how we would do things if different from continual criticism of the manager and very different from calling for his head.