News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Team for Hearts game

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

As it's Christmas what about a Christmas tree formation:

Fraser

Tokely                            Munro                                            McGuire (if still with ICT)    Hastings

Duncan                                            Wilson

Cowie                                              Black                                        Rankin

Niculae

Subs: Zibi, McAllister, Kerr/Duff, Vigurs, Watt/Bayne/McCaffery, McBain,                        Wyness/Bayne/Brewster                                                           

As it's Christmas what about a Christmas tree formation:

Fraser

Tokely                            Munro                                            McGuire (if still with ICT)    Hastings

Duncan                                            Wilson

Cowie                                              Black                                        Rankin

Niculae

Subs: Zibi, McAllister, Kerr/Duff, Vigurs, Watt/Bayne/McCaffery, McBain,                        Wyness/Bayne/Brewster                                                           

Surely after his awesome shift yesterday, McBain has finally been accepted by the doubters?

Is McGuire likely to move on before Saturday?

His loan deal runs until the end of the month, but I do know that the club are very keen to hang onto him, so what makes you so sure he's going anywhere?

Fraser

Tokely        Munro          McGuire        Hastings

Duncan          McBain

Cowie            Black              Rankin 

Niculae               

Whoever is selected to play on Saturday will have to be on their toes in whats always been a difficult fixture for us, we've won 4 games in a row and beaten 3 of the top 5 sides in the league but due to our terrible start to the season we still need to pick up more points if we are to remain clear of relegation.

Hearts have an excellent squad this year with some obviously excellent individuals, they are a side who could turn anytime soon and will likely target us to do just that, dont kid yourselves into thinking we're world beaters, we were excellent on Sunday but we arent the first club to beat Celtic this season, just a week before the drew 1-1 with second bottom of the table!  We should take nothing for granted, Hearts on paper remain a better side than us despite their lack of a manager, ICT being pumped 4-0 by Hearts will ruin all the hard work that was put in v Celtic.  We're been picking up momentum this past few weeks that should carry us through the difficult festive period, I would hate to see that ruined now by the slack defensive errors that were cropping up earlier in the year, we'll have to be in top gear for 90 minutes to take a point back up the road, nevermind even thinking about 3.

We have to score at least once because I think we will concede, we seem to be weaker at defending set pieces than ever, Hearts are shower of diving munts  :017:  We're not likely to get the same marginal decisions away from home as we did on Sunday (ie challenges on keepers, offsides) and need to hold discipline.  If we're going to be playing the offside trap then it has to be spot on, if Fraser comes for the ball he has to win it, Tokely cant go steaming up the pitch ever 2 minutes.

We should stick with the same side that has won the last few games, Barry Wilson could be key coming off the bench if its tight going into the last 25 minutes, he needs to be used well.

We have to stay clever and play hard, try and play however a team does when they 'play for a draw', our breaks will come, as will our chances from set pieces.  If we dont take them thats fine by me, aslong as we remain shut at the other end. 

At this moment in time I'd take a draw, given that we have winnable fixtures v Falkirk and Killie coming up, I've no doubt that on the 2nd of January when we visit our old stadium that we'll still bel 2 points of Aberdeen, everything will be set up perfectly for us to finally beat them and claim our place in the top 6 for 2008.

Good post, Clach....  A point from Tynecastle on Saturday certainly would be an excellent result for ICT....

I'm also quite sure CB will be dinning that into them for the rest of the week. One aspect of Brew's management that impresses me is his refusal to get carried away - despite some recent unbelievable results.

I'll look out for you in the Scotsman's bar (Cockburn St) - I'll be meeting up with an old mate in there, who's got a couple of tickets for this one - unfortunately he's a jambo - but never mind - beggars can't be choosers...!!

Whatever the outcome on Saturday - this one has the makings of being another classic... :022:

Although I can't make this game, i'm really looking forward to listening to it on the radio. This could be an even more important game than the Celtic one, in that if we win it'll really develop a gap between us and Hearts in the race for top 6. The fixtures after that game are mostly ones we should be looking for 3 points: Kilmarnock and Gretna. With hopes of getting 3 points against Aberdeen and Falkirk.

The 4-5-1 formation could really benefit us in this match I feel. If we can nullify the likes of Michael Stewart and Kingston (is he injured at the moment?), we'll cause them a lot of problems.

Its a shame that Proctor is suspended, as he would've been handy to have against Andy Driver.

Glad to hear that Kingston is injured, and I presume Stewart will still be suspended for the game?

Fingers crossed we can cause plenty of problems and sneak another win  :clapping03:

Whoever gets picked tomorrow will be fab, and I feel three more lovely points will be coming our way up the A9 in time for Christmas.

I wish I could make it but will be stuck listening to it on the radio. Hope the commentary isn't as biased as it seems to be at times. 

That is another post for another day.

FRASER

TOKELY                    MUNRO                          MCGUIRE                HASTINGS

COWIE                         BLACK                            DUNCAN                  RANKIN

WILSON

NICULAE

subs- Malkowski, duff, rory, vigurs, bayne, deano, hart