FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IAN BLACK ?

Soccerbase and Wiki both have him as a striker

Sorry Alex but given recent edits of both Ross Tokelys and Richie Harts Wikis I will have to laugh at it being credible source of information when it comes to these kinds of things!

Even if they do say that you know full well yourself Alex that Keogh seldom played as a striker for us spending the majority of his ICT career in the centre of the park.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who are all these players that CC apparently had bust ups with?

CC felt that there were a number of players who were not supportive and were undermining him behind his back.

I know that this was brought up at a number of team meetings. Interestingly enough some of the players thought that CC did not receive the same level of support from Parkie in these situations as Robo did.

In spite of what some people would like us to believe, there has been some dressing room issues which stretch before Niculae was ever on the scene (although his presence has not improved the situation). Some of the players who have been implicated in this have been moved on (or are moving on).

Sounds like there are too many players with big heads who don't show the  respect to the manager that a man in his position should deserve. No humility but lots of self-satisfied actions and feelings.

"Can't motivate me "? What the flaming heck does he think he is ?Mr Primadonna.

Are the players not supposed to be putting out the energy and effort themselves to play their hearts out for the club and justify the large pay-packet they get?

And as for the Manager and the comment  by someone that he is the best we can get "for the money"..are you kidding me?

I must have been left behind when everybody else moved on but at least I appreciate every penny I earn and was very careful to respect my Managers of the past--except once and the response was so draconian that it forced me out of the Bank in Scotland and off to Canada.

Primadonnas eh? A good kick in the rear end every week with their fat pay packet would be a good start. Craig Brewster has more of my sympathy by the minute. :008:

Guest neksor

Black at it again!

Sent off in the reserve match against Rangers.

Mouthing as usual.

He is a liability to the Club and to himself.

Sell him - if another club is willing to take him on.

neksor

I guess he can be described as mercurial. Hard to handle on and off the park, brilliant at times, with some flashes of crowd-pleasing skills and a willingness to get stuck-in..........but with a volatility that needs the most experienced and sound pair of hands to be able to get the best results.  Immeasurable potential but not an easy conundrum to master.                        :029:

By all accounts it was 2 very soft yellow cards.....and I have to say that if this leads to him missing games for the first team then it's the fault of whoever was managing the reserves and left him on the park after he received the first yellow.  To do so with any player who is part of the first team squad is a pointless and stupid risk to be taking.

More gossip. FOAP (friend of a player) confirms that...

Whilst held in high regard as a player, IB is disliked for his big heed.

He had something to apologise to the other players for, and did this in the most perfunctory and disrespectful manner.

He has interest from other clubs and will be off if the price is right.

His Dad is his real manager and gets many of his personality traits from him.

CB has not lost the dressing room - is well liked, but is a hard taskmaster.

QFT, as someone, in another thread says.

By all accounts it was 2 very soft yellow cards.....and I have to say that if this leads to him missing games for the first team then it's the fault of whoever was managing the reserves and left him on the park after he received the first yellow.  To do so with any player who is part of the first team squad is a pointless and stupid risk to be taking.

I don't think the reserve team 'manager', whoever he was, should take all the blame.  Black himself should have realised the danger and behaved accordingly.  Perhaps both yellow cards were soft, but we all know Black's temperament is suspect.  If he was hooked immediately after every yellow card to avoid the possibility of a red, he would hardly be on the field at all!

I think Black has been very lucky that he has a bit of talent or he would have been shipped out from the club a long time ago for some of his antics.  I was one of the ones who thought he should have been heavily punished for his treatment of the shirt last year, to the point that it wouldn't have upset me if he had been shown the door.

So, I'm certainly not trying to absolve Black of his responsibility, just making the point that it was perhaps unwise to risk leaving a first team player on the park and risk not having him available for selection.  As it turns out the cards may not carry over to the SPL proper, in which case there's no issue with leaving him on the pitch.

Who needs sources? Blackie himself visited me in a dream last night and explained what the current problems with the team were. I don't want to betray confidences, but I can exclusively reveal that next season he will be working as a coach for Cowdenbeath  :015:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, so there was no fallout at the club then? No doubt the Under-19s just needed a little morale boost  :symbol_question:

Piece of nonsense that interview.  Can't see Black wanting to sign a new contract at present, so there's the choice of lose him for nothing or sell him now (or for a knock-down price in January no doubt).  I reckon no more than 250, 000.  Worth far more but we won't get it.  Just make sure we get a big percentage of his next sale.

For me, he's easily our best player bar Marius.  Think we'll struggle to replace him.  I know you can talk about what happened recently when he was missing but over the course of a season, Black is a big advantage.