FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Burchill

starchief

Mark Burchill has decided to leave Dunfermline.  I think this could be a good one to go for.  His injury problems seem to be behind him.  Scored a lot in a poor Dunfermline team in the SPL and is their top scorer in the EPL.  He'll be on a fair amount but probably far from impossible.  Guarantees goals when injury free (which he seems to be).  Can imagine the likes of Motherwell, Killie etc might be in for him but I'd like to see us try.

Doubt he'd be much cheaper than Niculae.  I'd rather keep him.  Unless you mean to replace Denzil, of course.

I do.  Wyness is gone.  I doubt any player can save themselves in the last few matches.  I think it's just something managers say to get players he doesn't want to play a bit harder.  We desperately need a goalscorer to play alongside Niculae (who'll be gone also, so make that two players!).

I think he had colossal talent.  Had some really bad injuries though, otherwise he'd still be starring for Scotland today IMHO.  I still don't think we have a player that could score as many as he can.  I think he'd be a good purchase.

Anyone hear the tale of Paul Dalglish?  He was starring for Newcastle, then suddenly dropped.  He later revealed that Ruud Gullit called him in and said that he thought his father's criticisms of his management were unfair, so he was going to be unfair too and drop Dalglish from the side.  And people wonder why he lost the dressing rooms and Newcastle and Chelsea...

If Calderwood's in for him that's the best sign we could have that we shouldn't touch him with a 200-mile pole. He never seems to learn when it comes to snapping up players who were once "next big things": Nicholson, Severin, Miller, Crawford, Lovell... the only one that's come close to justifying his wages is Jamie Smith and he seems to be f*cked now. Bet the Aberdeen fans can't wait for next season with a Mackie-Burchill-Young trident up front... Mind you, they'll probably still beat us three times. 

• 1 month later...

Apparently, he's rejected Killie in favour of Rotherham.  That's Rotherham of English League Division 2  :029:

I take it they probably have some ambition and able to pay better wages but, if Killie can avoid the injuries that plagued them, I think they've a decent team - just lacking an, um, striker!  Bad move IMHO.

Did Rotherham not get deducted 10 points for going into Administration last season?  If so they cant be paying that much.  He just wants out of Scotland as he does not want to be shown up anymore as another "player with potential" who turns out to be sh*t!