FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ibrahim Atiku

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Guest WynessLegend

7 clubs in 8 years :rotflmao: sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I would hope Brewster would be bringing in good players that will stay around for the long term

sadly, players of real quality are unlikely to stay around for long.

we will have to get used to enjoying them while we can.

Strewth this guy has a page on wikipedia.... :rotflmao:

Ibrahim Atiku

Trialist Checks In

i know of this guy, he was at man u with essien but both couldn't get work permit then, if he is half what he was then caley are on to something really really good.probably wrong choices might have taken him to sweden(african thing).

Triallists come and go. Have we ever given a contract to one?

The obvious one that comes to mind is Paul Ritchie. He was on trial at St. Mirren who didn't fancy him and then came on trial with us. One of our best ever signings.

The obvious one that comes to mind is Paul Ritchie. He was on trial at St. Mirren who didn't fancy him and then came on trial with us. One of our best ever signings.

I thought Pele just signed him? No trial or anything :rotflmao:

I would actually trust Brew on this one. He has invited many trialists to the TCS since he took over and most have been evaluated and sent packing .... if this one is up to scratch then maybe he will be asked to stay, if not, Brewster will send him back down the A9 (or over the North Sea).

Looking at his club history, its not as bad as mentioned above ....

• 2000 (age 17) - Signed by Liberty Professionals of Ghanaian Premier League
  • 2001 (age 18) - Loaned to Israeli Premier League side Hapoel Petativa for the season
  • 2001-2003 - Went back to Liberty Professionals at end of loan
  • 2003 (age 20) - Signed for Swedish first division side Vasteras (equiv to Div 2 SFL). played 17 games (+6 as sub). Scored 3, 2 assists, 4 yellow cards.
  • 2004 (age 21) - Signed for Swedish "Superettan" side Friska Viljor (equiv to Div 1 SFL). played 23 games (+10 as sub). Scored 5, 3 assists, 4 yellow cards.
  • 2005 - 2006 (age 22/23) - signed for Swedish "Superettan" side Assyriska Foreningen just after they had been relegated from the "Allsvenskan" (equiv to SPL). According to wikipedia (i know, pinch of salt) he played 48, scored 5.
  • 2007 (age 24) - Signed for Swedish "Superettan" side IF Sylvia. Again, Wikipedia states 25 appearances, 1 goal.

So it looks like he started in Ghana, had one major club, went on loan as a youngster and then went back to them at the end of the loan. After that he headed for Sweden where he has played for 4 different sides, each of which seems to have been slightly better than the one before ... although his last club appear to have just been relegated from the Swedish "Superettan" and replaced by the team he was with the year before when they were relegated. Looks like they bounced back into the Superettan at the first attempt !!!

The only site I could translate into English said his ambition is to play in La Liga or the English Premier League, he likes Reggae music and his favourite drink is Fanta or water (much water). Maybe a little lost in translation on the Friska site but according to them he "Come to FV for the season 2004 from V?ster?s SK Soccer. Abandoned FV for Assyriska FF after the season in 2004."

Trials for Man Utd and Borussia Dortmund after the U17 championships in 1999. not signed by either, not sure why. Work permit issues perhaps? (as suggested above)

Multiple clubs, it's multiple thermals he'll need. Let's hope he's always fancied skiing as a pastime and we'll be laughing?

has been playing in Sweden since 2003, a Scottish winter will be no problem for this guy !!!

Djebi-Zadi came on trial at the same time as Juanjo and technically, Rooney was also a trialist although it ended up looking like ICT were the ones on trial as Brewster basically said he would sign him if he wanted to come !!!

Trials for Man Utd and Borussia Dortmund after the U17 championships in 1999. not signed by either, not sure why. Work permit issues perhaps? (as suggested above)

Multiple clubs, it's multiple thermals he'll need. Let's hope he's always fancied skiing as a pastime and we'll be laughing?

has been playing in Sweden since 2003, a Scottish winter will be no problem for this guy !!!

Djebi-Zadi came on trial at the same time as Juanjo and technically, Rooney was also a trialist although it ended up looking like ICT were the ones on trial as Brewster basically said he would sign him if he wanted to come !!!

i am from ghana. ibrahim is one of the finest talents we've had for a while,around the year 2000 he was considered far better than michael essien and sule muntari whom he played alongside in the youth world cup,infact he was selected one of fifa's best 11 in the tournament,his choice to go to sweden was perhaps his mistake, i hope he finally gets his chance in a proper league like like the SPL to prove his worth.one small problem though, if he shows slights glimpses of the form that took him to Man united and Dortmund Caley thistle will have problem holding on to him.

Sounds promising, but again so did Wagaluka ( I liked what I saw against Liverpool though).

But the main aspect is his pace, that's exactly what the club needs. Sadly we don't have any of that at the moment (although Imrie chases every lost cause).