FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who?

Harry Chibber

It's clear the majority of the supporters on this forum want a replacement for Brew. I am curious to read who each of you would pick as the next ICT manager?

I usually hate threads like this (asking for replacements before the guy has been shunted) but it's true we are on our worst run of form (ever?) and there is plenty of reasons to criticise our current chief/commander. My opinion would be to stick with Brew and see if he can turn it around (although my glass is brimming compared to others) but I can certainly understand the discontent

Who are your top 3 candidates for the job IF it becomes available?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear the majority of the supporters on this forum want a replacement for Brew. I am curious to read who each of you would pick as the next ICT manager?

I usually hate threads like this (asking for replacements before the guy has been shunted) but it's true we are on our worst run of form (ever?) and there is plenty of reasons to criticise our current chief/commander. My opinion would be to stick with Brew and see if he can turn it around (although my glass is brimming compared to others) but I can certainly understand the discontent

Who are your top 3 candidates for the job IF it becomes available?

post-2081-1230558388.jpg post-2081-1230558421.jpg post-2081-1230558446.jpg

Couldn't possibly be any worse.

Comes to something when even Harry Chibber's saying this! (to think I actually thought you were Brew or Grasser in disguise)

Of candidates that may be interested:

1. Steven Pressley with Knox/McCormack/Duffy/Chisholm (preference for assistant in that order - BTW I'm assuming no return for Donald Park)

2. Robbo with Christie/Wilson

3. Not too sure, maybe Richard Gough with one of the assistants above. Maybe Bobby Williamson? Good manager but none too inspiring for the support.

1. Robbo on a contract to end of year with option to extend it if he keeps us up

2. John Hughes (looks like he is on his way out at Falkirk - but ICT may have same issues as Falkirk (money/size))

3. see who else is available and a realistic target

Under the current circumstances I would go for Robbo with Barry as assistant. I'm not a fan of re-signing a previous manager but the advantage is that he knows the club and the players so shouldn't take long in getting settled into the job!

Barry's signed for QOS..

I agree with Scotty on Robbo until the end of the season....

1. Robbo on a contract to end of year with option to extend it if he keeps us up

2. John Hughes (looks like he is on his way out at Falkirk - but ICT may have same issues as Falkirk (money/size))

That's a point I'm trying to get across Scotty.

The board have to be 100% sure about sacking Brew, before they take action. Unless they have a candidate in line they know will make a positive contribution to our team then I don't see how they can afford to pay severence and money for someone else. I am sure they will have had a crisis meeting by now to draw up possible replacements but I would really be clutching at straws to think of any managers that we wont have the same problems with next year

If we go for another inexperienced candidate we are taking another massive gamble??

If we go for the tried and tested (lets face it, if they are old and not with a club they have probably screwed up somewhere else before coming to us)

Robbo would be brilliant for PR but look what happened with him at Livi??

Colin Calderwood screwed up at Forrest and the fans hated him... even after winning promotion???

That's what I heard people say about Brew in charge of Dundee U and Berti Vogts at Scotland. It's the same players, so what can be done? The answer became obvious. I'm in favour of a new up'n'coming manager but if the board is skittish, there's plenty more candidates with far better track records than Brewster. We know where we're going with him, so that's just not an option for many of us. I can't believe with Brew's contract running out soon that there would be too much money to lose.

Under the current circumstances I would go for Robbo with Barry as assistant. I'm not a fan of re-signing a previous manager but the advantage is that he knows the club and the players so shouldn't take long in getting settled into the job!

Barry's signed for QOS..

Barry is currently only on an emergency loan and can't move until the window opens, so he could still stay if there was a change.

I would be happy to see Robbo come in on a short term contract with Barry and Duncan Shearer as assistants. Stephen Pressley is looking to come back to the SPL so he might fit in in a player/coaching role, but I'll be worried about another rookie manager.

A new suggestion I heard today was Neale Cooper with Duncan Shearer as assistant? Comments

That's a point I'm trying to get across Scotty.

The board have to be 100% sure about sacking Brew, before they take action. Unless they have a candidate in line they know will make a positive contribution to our team then I don't see how they can afford to pay severence and money for someone else. I am sure they will have had a crisis meeting by now to draw up possible replacements but I would really be clutching at straws to think of any managers that we wont have the same problems with next year

If we go for another inexperienced candidate we are taking another massive gamble??

If we go for the tried and tested (lets face it, if they are old and not with a club they have probably screwed up somewhere else before coming to us)

Robbo would be brilliant for PR but look what happened with him at Livi??

Colin Calderwood screwed up at Forrest and the fans hated him... even after winning promotion???

I can see what you are saying but dont think ANY manager would make us worse than we are right now.

We dont have bad players - for the most part - but their confidence is shot to pieces. Whether that is confidence in themselves, the club, the manager, the tactics or some combination of all of the above is immaterial, it is shot to pieces.

For me, that confidence is crucial !!!! We have been a club that thrived on confidence, belief and team spirit for years and you could argue that it allowed us to step up a gear most seasons (except the last two).

Someone like Robbo would bring back the team spirit very quickly and I believe he would unite various parts of the club (board/fans/players) in support of the one aim we all should have which is to keep ICT in the SPL.

Long term he may or may not be the answer. He came on here and answered questions in a manner that appeared to be truthful. He explained things we may not have known that led to his parting ways with the various clubs he has been at since leaving us. You can believe it was all his fault at those if you want, but look at the clubs he was at .... every single one of them (with the exception of Derry who I know little about) had problems that were quite well known and in the public domain.

If you look at the stats, this season is the WORST a manager of ICT has ever produced and although statistically speaking, Robbo has the next worst single-season record I would actually give him a free pass on that one ... he managed only 12 games in the SPL (for ICT), we were playing at Pittodrie, and we had just come up to the SPL so were still adjusting (even though we did manage 3 "home" wins in that 12 which is better than we have done this season !!!). I think Robbo would have improved his record with us if he had not left as he also had the second best and fifth best single season records at ICT, with Pele having the other 3 "most winningest" seasons.

Bottom line, I believe Robbo could bring back some passion to both players and fans, and if you have ever listened to him on open all mics, there should be no doubting his passion for ICT and the Inverness area. He knows the players, the players seem to respect him and with the right assistant(s) we might just pull ourselves out of this hole. If he keeps us up, then I would have no problem with keeping him on, if he couldnt save us and we went down, well he is the only man that has actually won a first division championship at ICT !!!!

Barry's signed for QOS..

Barry is currently only on an emergency loan and can't move until the window opens, so he could still stay if there was a change.

I would be happy to see Robbo come in on a short term contract with Barry and Duncan Shearer as assistants. Stephen Pressley is looking to come back to the SPL so he might fit in in a player/coaching role, but I'll be worried about another rookie manager.

A new suggestion I heard today was Neale Cooper with Duncan Shearer as assistant? Comments

there was a time notso long ago i would have cried at the thought of neale cooper in charge. its shows how far we've dropped that i could buy such an appointment. he had ups and downs, is experienced, would command respect and does have something to prove himself yet robbo for me would be a better choice at least till the end of the season then see how we're placed. the only problem with a temporary appointment is it makes signing players even more difficult than it already is for us

I would almost prefer Brewster ........ almost !!!

Yeah, i would not see Cooper before Robbo. Confidence wise, Robbo would do it. I would be happy with him. But dont forget Robbo had Parky too. Who would replace Malky, also a very important appointment. Someone with a lot of experience given Robbo is still a young manager, and Shearer, Wilson are inexperienced.

Robbo and ..........Wilson Sr?

Craig Brown - Director of Football

John Robertson - Head Coach

Duncan Shearer - Assistant Coach

Steven Pressley - Player Coach

Sorry but that means goodbye to Bennett, Brewster, Thomson, Docherty and probably Clelland

docherty does a great job as actually does clelland

1. Bruce Rioch.

2. Bobby Williamson

3. Derek Adams

4. Colin Calderwood

Important that they choose their own assistants as they should have an idea of whether they can work together or not.

I have a suspicion he would not move us forward as was poor in his last two jobs. But i like the others

Craig Brown - Director of Football

John Robertson - Head Coach

Duncan Shearer - Assistant Coach

Steven Pressley - Player Coach

Sorry but that means goodbye to Bennett, Brewster, Thomson, Docherty and probably Clelland

docherty does a great job as actually does clelland

Can you tell me exactly what John Doc does - apart from collecting the balls at training, telling jokes and giving a pep talk to the reserves? Sorry, as much as I like John Doc, I think the time has come to change the WHOLE back room staff- for the benefit of the CLUB - not the individuals!

1. Bruce Rioch.

2. Bobby Williamson

3. Derek Adams

4. Colin Calderwood

John Beaton - Director of Football

Important that they choose their own assistants as they should have an idea of whether they can work together or not.

2 good suggestions but then JB as DOF! Good youth operator but absolutely NO connections in senior football. IMO a DOF needs to have the respect of the management and players and have a very sound network of contacts in the senior game at Prem level.

John was manager of Caledonian in the Highland League which to my mind is senior football. He has a vast knowledge of senior football and playing systems. He compiled dossiers on opposition teams in first division for Steve Patterson.

Ask anyone in Inverness who they'd rather have as DOF - Grassa or JB.