FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's Contract Would You Renew

Renegade

Guest Mahonio

To be honest, in my opinion it is too early to be talking about who should get new contracts but because you asked i would say Morais, Mihadjuks, Foran, Kerr and Djebi-Zadi should get signed up on longer contracts (as should Butch and Mo Malpas :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04: ) and after that i can't really say as i am not sure whose contracts are about to expire.

Proctor, Foran, Kerr, Morais, Mihadjuks, Djebi-Zadi and Vigurs.

Not fussed about McBain and Wood.

Butcher and Malpas surely need to get their deals extended.

I'm saying all this on the basis that we survive of course.

Edited by ajsict92

as far as i am aware the only players with contracts for next year are esson, tokely, munro, duncan, rooney, barrowman.

in terms of re-signing i would take duff, hastings, lionel, vigurs, morais, kerr, foran, vigurs, imrie, proctor, mcbain, mihadjuks, morrison, wodd

meaning mcguire, byrne, gatheussi, gillespie wouldnt be kept on. probably save quite a bit with mcguires wages and poss gatheussi's

Surplus to requirements are any one of Hastings, Djebi-Zadi or Byrne. They're all decent and poor in different ways but I don't see too many better on the horizon. Apart from that, not seen anything to suggest Gattheusi should be kept on (for the obvious reason), plus MacGuire hasn't done it. Maybe Barrowman is the only established first-teamer I'd like to see the back of (I know he has a contract but I'm changing the rules :rotflmao:).

Wood could go but he may improve, so possibly keep him on. Every other first-team player has done well that I can see. Even the more unpopular ones like Duncan and McBain were our best players under Brewster, whilst even the ones wanting Munro dropped probably realise it's only a dip in form, rather the captain suddenly becoming a poor player.

With Black probably going, we definitely need to replace him. Duncan, Kerr and Vigurs can all do a job but we're still lacking that edge. Vigurs will provide it in a couple of years but not yet. If we can't find another Black, then maybe time for a change in formation to a 4-3-3 (at home) or 4-5-1 (away/OF).

Black, Mihadjuks, Morais, Foran, Kerr, few other players id like to keep but think they are still contracted.

Im looking forward to seeing who Butcher brings in extra though. Foran and Kerr have become vital to the club, who else does he have up his sleeve?

Re-new Ian Blacks contract. If the Board were to put there hand in their pocket, we might be able to hold on to him.

Hmmm im pessimistic about this one, brilliant player and i want him to stay so badly, but i just cant see it happening. A real shame if he does go

I would more than happily not renew yours Renegade! :018:

Well that's not very nice is it. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

But of the players who are out of contract at the end of the summer:

Iain Vigurs - Aye

Brian Kerr - Aye

Pavels Mihadjuks - Aye

Richie Foran - Aye

Thierry Gathuessi - No

Filipe Morais - Aye

Richie Byrne - No

Lionel Djebi-Zadi - Aye

Zander Sutherland - Maybe (loan him out)

Eric Odhiambo - Possibly

Roy McBain - Hmmm

Players who aren't out of contact but I'd still dump -

Phil McGuire, Oh please get rid of him, please!

Its a tough call as if we are safe we will be able to attract better players and if that was the case i would only renew Kerr, Vigurs, Foran and Djebi Zadi(and obviously Black if possible). We need to keep the budget down so that we can get good enough players to launch a serious attack on the top six.

It was interesting to read the Aberdeen managers Q & A in the Evening Express on Tuesday or Wednesday this week, very candid, hands financially tied, players can just go, etc.

His opinion is that there will be loads of top class players looking for a club come the summer. Can't afford to be kept on by their current club, a la Aberdeen, and therefore offloaded. They will then realise that they have to take a lower wage to be resigned by someone and he is seening this as his big hope for getting suitable replacements for his assumed large loss of players. He has not started resigning talks due to the above and feels other clubs will follow suit.

Maybe we will also be able to 'cherry pick' suitable players come the summer and our position will be better than anticipated, at this time.

I think tangomans more probably right, especially with the 20% cut in tv revenue.

I'm sure the board, as well as the manager, would love to keep Black. We have to stay within our Budget though and to more than double his current wage would, undoubtedly, lead to others wanting similar so I wouldn't lay blame on the board if thewy cant keep him.

Those I would let go are Byrne, McGuire and Gatthuessi. Possibly Wood, Zander, Gillespie and McNulty. None of whom have really broken into the starting slots. It may be argued though that they do enough in training to fire up the others.

I'd give Scott-Woodhouse and Shane Sutherland a crack.

I'd bring in a keeper, a pair of natural wingers and a striker with the strength of Hartson, the agility of Jimmy Johnston and the ball skills of Ronaldo. Would that be too much to hope for?

Well that's not very nice is it. :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Iain Vigurs - Aye

Brian Kerr - Aye

Pavels Mihadjuks - Aye

Richie Foran - Aye

Thierry Gathuessi - No

Filipe Morais - Aye

Richie Byrne - No

Lionel Djebi-Zadi - Aye

Eric Odhiambo - Possibly

Roy McBain - Hmmm

i'd go with that as well with the priority players being Vigurs, Mihadjuks, Morais and Kerr (who does need to get his fitness up though). Don't rate Foran too much as the aforementioned but still get him signed. As for the like of the younger lads coming through only offer them contracts if they are the standard of the like of Vigurs and Duff otherwise there is no point. I think clubs make the mistake of offering youngsters just for the sake of it, i don't really think we have any that offer much to be honest, they may be ok at 19's level the likes of morrison etc but that isn't good enough, you need to be exceptional at 19's level i think before you can jump to first team football otherwise your paying these players just to turn up to training with no intention of ever playing them, it's not right and it's unfair to give false hope to the young lads.

Iain Vigurs - Aye

Brian Kerr - Aye

Pavels Mihadjuks - Aye

Richie Foran - Aye

Thierry Gathuessi - No

Filipe Morais - Aye

Richie Byrne - No

Lionel Djebi-Zadi - Aye

Eric Odhiambo - Possibly

Roy McBain - Hmmm

i'd go with that as well with the priority players being Vigurs, Mihadjuks, Morais and Kerr (who does need to get his fitness up though). Don't rate Foran too much as the aforementioned but still get him signed. As for the like of the younger lads coming through only offer them contracts if they are the standard of the like of Vigurs and Duff otherwise there is no point. I think clubs make the mistake of offering youngsters just for the sake of it, i don't really think we have any that offer much to be honest, they may be ok at 19's level the likes of morrison etc but that isn't good enough, you need to be exceptional at 19's level i think before you can jump to first team football otherwise your paying these players just to turn up to training with no intention of ever playing them, it's not right and it's unfair to give false hope to the young lads.

Your also paying those players because the rules say you must have three U-21's in your squad for league games.

Iain Vigurs - Aye

Brian Kerr - Aye

Pavels Mihadjuks - Aye

Richie Foran - Aye

Thierry Gathuessi - No

Filipe Morais - Aye

Richie Byrne - No

Lionel Djebi-Zadi - Aye

Eric Odhiambo - Possibly

Roy McBain - Hmmm

Your also paying those players because the rules say you must have three U-21's in your squad for league games.

I really don't like that rule.