FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

UEFA Champions League

Feb82000

A Rangers and a Manchester United fan. Sheeez-oh!

Glory hunter or what?

How many times have you ever posted about ICT?

Maybe he comes on here to discus football with other football fans

A Rangers and a Manchester United fan. Sheeez-oh!

Glory hunter or what?

How many times have you ever posted about ICT?

Maybe he comes on here to discus football with other football fans

To be fair, I did take my comment off almost immediately. Thought better of it in retrospect.

Started watching the Rangers/Aberdeen game. Bit boring, so turn it to the Utd match. Find out I've missed the opening two goals. Starts to calm down so switch back to Ibrox and find I've missed the goal from there. Flick back and forth between the two, watching a few minutes of the Rangers games, only to switch back and find I've missed a further two goals from Old Trafford. Five goals and I've missed them all :rolleyes:

Getting on to my treadmill in the gym at about 7:45, I started flicking channels but all I could find was what seemed to be a documentary about the health and welfare of this chap wearing a red shirt with a number 10 on his back. As the camera focused on this fellow going through various examinations of his lower leg, it did seem that 21 guys might have been kicking a ball about in the background. Then the lad eventually trotted off screen and, after some considerable discussion of his departure, a football game did appear to start.

Seriously, though, I then watched the last 30 minutes with my son and what a final goal for Bayern, but what appalled me most was the post match. I have seldom seen or heard anything lacking as much in grace as Alex Ferguson's interview, made worse by the fact that it was almost impossible to make out what he was saying due to a combination of him not actually being a very distinct speaker and his constant, obsessive mastication.

Then... cue the profoundly disappointed pundits, and what can I say? Clearly a case of warm up mode in advance of the world cup.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Getting on to my treadmill in the gym at about 7:45, I started flicking channels but all I could find was what seemed to be a documentary about the health and welfare of this chap wearing a red shirt with a number 10 on his back. As the camera focused on this fellow going through various examinations of his lower leg, it did seem that 21 guys might have been kicking a ball about in the background. Then the lad eventually trotted off screen and, after some considerable discussion of his departure, a football game did appear to start.

Seriously, though, I then watched the last 30 minutes with my son and what a final goal for Bayern, but what appalled me most was the post match. I have seldom seen or heard anything lacking as much in grace as Alex Ferguson's interview, made worse by the fact that it was almost impossible to make out what he was saying due to a combination of him not actually being a very distinct speaker and his constant, obsessive mastication.

Then... cue the profoundly disappointed pundits, and what can I say? Clearly a case of warm up mode in advance of the world cup.

Indeed Charles - I think it will be a rehearsal for the script for the World Cup. By the way this is not a case of English bashing but just as how I see it as well. I was at the game in Euro 2004 when Rooney limped off and after that they were doomed as they did not look even half the side - in fact they were lucky to get to penalties. If he had stayed on I am convinced they would have won it and posisbly the trophy. The form he has been in this season it will be the same again with this summer's World Cup and so much will rest on the shoulders of just one man (although they are extremely wide :rolleyes: ). This year they do have a far better squad (and Capello has them playing more as a unit) but it depends how depleted it becomes by the end of the season with injuries - but even with all that other talent available they do rely heavily on Rooney and that will mean another media frenzy especially if that ankle continues to cause him problems.

I can't bare the commentary on united's games, so far up their arse. Anything Rooney does is like a miracle, i swear the camera spent more time looking at his ankle than it did looking at the ball. Outrageous!

Yeah, noticed at too. Its a United controlled Media though. Theres so many Glory hunting United fans, they want to please them.

United blew it, big time, last night. As for Ferguson's post match interview, it must be a close run thing between him and Wenger as to who is the more ungracious after a defeat. Frankly, I'm glad all the English teams are out. They were beginning to see it as a God given right to reach the semi finals, at least. Nothing like seeing them taken down a peg or two. Having said that, I hope Fulham do well tonight in the Europa Cup.

Personally I fecking cant stand Ferguson. He is the most manipulative, back stabbing, contriving Scots alive. He doesnt play by the rules, throws the toys out of the pram when it suits him, and hates it and says its totally unfair when some one does it back to him. It Utd are losing he wants 10 minutes injury time, if they are winning 1 minute is too much, doesnt acknowledge his own players diving, yet sc reams blue murder when others do it. How many time do Man ure get flukey decisions - like penalties when they are not, and refs dont give penalties against them when they should. They gurn and gurn when they get any decision against them, pressurising the officials into not giving decisions against them. Its like the old firm in Scotland. But their is only one difference, and i flipping well hate it. They do play football that is pleasing on the eye, so Fergie stop playing the mind games and stop littling yourself

Personally I fecking cant stand Ferguson. He is the most manipulative, back stabbing, contriving Scots alive. He doesnt play by the rules, throws the toys out of the pram when it suits him, and hates it and says its totally unfair when some one does it back to him. It Utd are losing he wants 10 minutes injury time, if they are winning 1 minute is too much, doesnt acknowledge his own players diving, yet sc reams blue murder when others do it. How many time do Man ure get flukey decisions - like penalties when they are not, and refs dont give penalties against them when they should. They gurn and gurn when they get any decision against them, pressurising the officials into not giving decisions against them. Its like the old firm in Scotland. But their is only one difference, and i flipping well hate it. They do play football that is pleasing on the eye, so Fergie stop playing the mind games and stop littling yourself

Best manager to have ever graced the game of football.. manipulative & contriving? possibly.. sore loser? definitely but no one can deny that he has single handly created a dynasty for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Back stabbing though?? out of all the managers in the world he is one of the most loyal IMO, look at O'Shea, Brown, Giggs, Scholes & Neville, a lot of managers would have classed them as being past it or not good enough but after having a few bad games but Fergie seems always keep the faith and get the best out of them.

good manners and gentlemanly conduct doesn't win you 18 league titles and 2 champions league trophies.

"typical Germans" LMFAO ... I think he forgot the days of Roy Keane and co. surrounding the referee... Fergie at his best.

Harry Chibber - What I mean by back stabbing is the like of what he did to Japp Stam. Best CH in Europe at the time, loads of rumours and stories about utd tapping him up before he signed ( illegal practice according to FA, EUFA and FIFA ). Fergie totallty denied any wrong doing by utd, but Japp Stam wrote in his autobiography that it did happen, as Fergie met him in Holland to convince him to sign. He was sold before the ink was dry on the first publication and utd lost the league without him. Stam didnt want to go but Fergie forced him because of the possible investigationj into utds illegal tapping of players.

Few years on they dont like it when other clubs are also doing it - Chelsea for example, Real for Ronaldo.

Also Fergie hasnt won 18 championships with Utd, although he has won quite a few. Utd have won 18 in their history, currently equalling Liverpool FC as the most in Englandshire, but Liverpool have won 5 European Cups/Champions Leagues to Utds 3.

Best Manager in Scotlands history, He is certainly in the top elite. But Jock Stein? All players born around Glasgow and not bought for the equivallent of todays multi millions, Liverpools Scots managers who won LEAGUE after LEAGUE, European Cup AFTER European Cup and so on. None of them had the eqivallent amounts of money of todays terms.

Fergie goes on about other teams buying success, but thats what he has done at Utd. However, what he did at Aberdeen I do recognise as being outstandingly brilliant.

What I was getting at was he very very rarely acknowledges what other team has beaten them, something that does take a bigger man to do.

And to top it all the first game I ever attended was Liverpool v Manchester United, and by now you should have sussed that I follow the Reds of Scouse land