UEFA Champions League

Feb82000

Harry Chibber - What I mean by back stabbing is the like of what he did to Japp Stam. Best CH in Europe at the time, loads of rumours and stories about utd tapping him up before he signed ( illegal practice according to FA, EUFA and FIFA ). Fergie totallty denied any wrong doing by utd, but Japp Stam wrote in his autobiography that it did happen, as Fergie met him in Holland to convince him to sign. He was sold before the ink was dry on the first publication and utd lost the league without him. Stam didnt want to go but Fergie forced him because of the possible investigationj into utds illegal tapping of players.

Few years on they dont like it when other clubs are also doing it - Chelsea for example, Real for Ronaldo.

That's one of the main reasons I like the guy.. Staam, Beckham & Van Nistelrooy... no name is too big to get rid of. If they have any back chat to the media about him their out on their erse. Not many managers would have the baws to get rid of those 3 but Fergie has done and recovered each time....

He sold Ronaldo for ?150 mil (???) and they are still challenging for the title!!

Also Fergie hasnt won 18 championships with Utd, although he has won quite a few. Utd have won 18 in their history, currently equalling Liverpool FC as the most in Englandshire, but Liverpool have won 5 European Cups/Champions Leagues to Utds 3.

Best Manager in Scotlands history, He is certainly in the top elite. But Jock Stein? All players born around Glasgow and not bought for the equivallent of todays multi millions, Liverpools Scots managers who won LEAGUE after LEAGUE, European Cup AFTER European Cup and so on. None of them had the eqivallent amounts of money of todays terms.

Ok 11 titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Cup Winner's Cup, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Uefa Super Cup, 1 Club World cup.

Not only best manager in Scottish history but by a fair bit he's the most succesful manager ever.. Jock Stein doesn't come close... he also didn't have to deal with the same media exposure there is now a days or I'm sure he would have been portrayed in the same light as Fergie

Fergie goes on about other teams buying success, but thats what he has done at Utd. However, what he did at Aberdeen I do recognise as being outstandingly brilliant.

There's a difference because Fergie has earn't the money to spend.. he has made MUFC an international brand so it's not as though some investor produced the millions to spend. If anything it's the opposite with the Glaizers who have come and put the club in debt

What I was getting at was he very very rarely acknowledges what other team has beaten them, something that does take a bigger man to do.

And to top it all the first game I ever attended was Liverpool v Manchester United, and by now you should have sussed that I follow the Reds of Scouse land

Never have guessed :(

You just have to look at Benitez (also an excellent manager) to see a bad bad bad loser.. when have you seen him acknowledge his team beaten by a better side. Look at his feud with Allerdyce for example... or when he called Everton a "little team"???

My point is to win at all costs it takes a certain type of person, ruthless and unapologetic... Fergie has created a legacy at Man U and I doubt any person will be able to carry on his success at the club.