Clach 3-4 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

Turned out to be quite the match. Jonny looked good in his runout and took both his goals really well. Also had a major hand in Shinnie's goal.

Shane Sutherland continues to impress, every long ball that came towards him he won and his goal was also well taken shooting on the turn.

Max Johnson had a mixed bag, can't catch and is indecisive but made a couple of really good saves.

All in all good practice for the youngsters and it was great to see Jonny play again.

Turned out to be quite the match. Jonny looked good in his runout and took both his goals really well. Also had a major hand in Shinnie's goal.

Shane Sutherland continues to impress, every long ball that came towards him he won and his goal was also well taken shooting on the turn.

Max Johnson had a mixed bag, can't catch and is indecisive but made a couple of really good saves.

All in all good practice for the youngsters and it was great to see Jonny play again.

Agree about Max, spot on, still he is young and has plenty of time on his hands. Must have been pretty tough to see some of the balls in the gloaming. Has Clach had their electricity cut off?:_header:

Hayes looked knackered when he went off halfway through the second half - but the two goals - when he showed his team-mates how it should be done - were superb, and must surely be enough to get him on from the start against Celtic.

If we have him and Richie on from the start, throwing everything they can at the tics, they will know they've been in a game.

It was gloomy down there. Clearly not enough spare shillings at Grant Street to put in the meter.

Just so good to see Hayes out playing again. He did well but it will take him time to get back to 100%. Still Sellic won't know too much about him.

I thought it was well worth the ?3 I paid to get in. ICT played well, with Shinnie was good, McBain was confident as were Golabek and Innes (bar one horrible moment). I'm liking the look of Shane Sutherland, he looks like he has some potential about. Johnson had one good save and was okay on the whole. Obviously the key man was Jonny Hayes. He was a class above the rest at times and both of his goals were well taken shimmying round a number of Clach defenders. I feel a Super Sub role may be how he will play on Saturday.

I thought it was well worth the ?3 I paid to get in. ICT played well, with Shinnie was good, McBain was confident as were Golabek and Innes (bar one horrible moment). I'm liking the look of Shane Sutherland, he looks like he has some potential about. Johnson had one good save and was okay on the whole. Obviously the key man was Jonny Hayes. He was a class above the rest at times and both of his goals were well taken shimmying round a number of Clach defenders. I feel a Super Sub role may be how he will play on Saturday.

Thats what I think should happen. Start Nick Ross then bring Hayes on against tiring legs.......

Incredible music over the PA at Grant St last night. Glenn Miller stuff from the big band era...very impressive.

Made a nice change from what we get at TCS...eg...Is this the way to Amarillo - every night I've been hugging my pillow...

And it's even worse when played at 10,000 decibels on a PA system designed to cope with about a 1000 DB.

Obviously a lot of cultured people in the Clachnacuddin area.

Edited by Johnboy

Incredible music over the PA at Grant St last night. Glenn Miller stuff from the big band era...very impressive.

Made a nice change from what we get at TCS...eg...Is this the way to Amarillo - every night I've been hugging my pillow...

And it's even worse when played at 10,000 decibels on a PA system designed to cope with about a 1000 DB.

indeed we are :_thumbup:

ebola_reston_tissue_culture.jpg

This is the only culture which springs to mind in association with that particular area.

That's exactly what was playing at Grant Street last night when I arrived, around 7.15pm laugh4.gif

As others have said, Jonny got more into the game in the second-half and took his goals well. I'm a big fan of Shane Sutherland too, very strong lad who holds the ball up well. Credit where it's due, Clach's first two goals were beautifully-taken, even if they did arise out of defensive errors.

ebola_reston_tissue_culture.jpg

This is the only culture which springs to mind in association with that particular area.

:_panting:

Guest Mahonio

Score from other match in our section from tonight, Wick Academy 2-2 Thurso (Wick win 5-4 on Pens).

I wasn't at the match so can't give you anymore info.

The match report is up on www.wick-academy.co.uk

Edited by Mahonio