FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The winning formation that will beat Killie?

Mrs Pauliebee

Brown

Tokely - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Morgan - Duncan - Black - Wilson 

Bayne - Wyness

Dropped:

Dargo (missed penalty and refusal to pass to other shows a selfish stirker lacking confidence)

Caff (Would love to see him back, but think we need Dods back to steady the ship, Caff had a tricky game, made a couple of good clearances, but we missed Dods).

McBain (Time for change, let Morgan show his worth)

Rankin (Black and Rankin do not work well together in Midfield, no-one to hold the ball)

Re-called:

Russelldinho (passing may have been scrappy against Hearts - but show me who's wasn't!  We missed him!)

Morgan (would like to see him given a chance)

Dods (Leadership missed!)

What do you reckon?

Who goes.....you decide!!!! (Sorry - couldn't resist! :016:)

Never done one of these before so I bet my team is all squinty

Broonie

Rossco-Prancer-Bionic Arms-Hasteens

Bazza-Duncan-Hart-Rankin

Denzil-Dargo

If it's not working in midfield put Richie Hart on the right and Barry on the left, Rankin inside.

Sub Zander for Baz after 45 or 60 mins. If it's still not working get Bayne on! Denzil back into midfield, somebody else off.

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

Wilson Black Rankin Sutherland

Dargo Wyness

Brown

Roscoe - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Wilson - Black - Keogh - Morgan

Bayne - Dargo

and a guy on the touchline who can get a message accross, parkie and charlie are far too timid

its crazy morgan hasnt been involved more, he scored goals last year a and set as many up with just a few appearances, probably more of both than macbain will get in a season.

black drops back and lets keoghs go forward (remember him anybody?  remember we actually signed him as a striker 200 years ago?  if we have to be gash and get relegated then we should at least get a former fans favorite involved.  think we owe it to him actually as he had massive amounts of potential and was touted as our most likely scotland cap when we first got promoted, just to then rot on the bench while duncan ran up hundreds of appearances) , both can make a challenge and gives everybody else a real core to build from.

bayne rattles them and is a better finisher than hes given credit for, only forward who isnt toothless or seemingly intimidated by opposition defences, must start.

any changes made through the game must involve richie hart either going up front or in the middle as the likes of duncan, wyness or macbain are anything but impact players

ive no idea, maybe we just need a bit of drive from somewhere, we dont even need to win the game in my opinion, we just need to get the heads up and a bit of dig in our play.  eventually the obvious talent and skills of the squad will start to come through once we start getitng more of the ball, as they did in the past.  theres a world of difference between how a player reacts when he collects the ball in different situations when his heads down (as ours are).  from a throw in or simple pass he feels under pressure, either takes the easiest or quickest option and it only increases the pressure for next time if he f##ks up.  if the same player puts in a strong challenge and the ball breaks to him he isnt worried what happens next and is a **** of alot less nervous, seeing as the defensive jobs done.  this can rub onto team mates and who knows maybe even the boss

i think itll take 2 posts before somebody tells me im talking sh#te about keogh being included in the squad ahead of duncan, but you could replace what i said there with hart, hes just as strong in a challenge.

Seems that the defence and forward lines are picking themselves, Bayne is overated. only the midfield is causing bother.

My own tem would be

Broon

Rossco Dods Granty ********

Baz  Hart Duncan Rankin

Denzil  Dargo

with zander given a chance for the last 20 with Bayne if we are still level and chasing the points - do we feckin need them!!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Brown

Caff                  Dodds                        Munro                  Hastings

McBain

Hart                                                Sutherland

Wyness

Wilson                  Dargo         

Bazza was as good a striker as he was a winger back in the day, remember when he was crowned 'millenium man'? He wastes too much energy racing up and down the wing, he's too old for that now - put him up front.

Caff deserves a recall - Tokely - not good enough.  :018:   

Guest Arab4Ever

i dunno if my opinion is wanted or even qualified but here goes - i would rather have McCaffrey over Tokely. Tokely looked extremely unfit whilst McCaffrey look interested and to my eyes tried his best

Can we not try Rory, Craig and Denzil up front with Wilson, Black and Duncan attacking like ****. The back four stay on the half way line and Mark controls the whole of the pitch to the half way line. We must attack like we did against Falkirk and if a player fails by half time bring on Bayne or Hart. Then attack again. Teams do not like being attacked and that's how ICT climbed the leagues.

Oh and there's no point in attacking if you mamby pamby around in front of goal impressing with near misses. Goals win games - ask Noel Hunt.

Firstly, nobody has considered where we are with injuries. Some of the players mentioned above weren't available last game so are they fit now.

We need people who will keep the ball on the deck. Hold it and pass it accurately. Get that bit right and the team picks itself.

For me, assuming fitness:

Brown

Caff Dods Munro

Wilson McBain Hart Duncan Rankin

Bayne Dargo

Brown

Roscoe - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Wilson - Black - Keogh - Morgan

Bayne - Dargo

and a guy on the touchline who can get a message accross, parkie and charlie are far too timid

its crazy morgan hasnt been involved more, he scored goals last year a and set as many up with just a few appearances, probably more of both than macbain will get in a season.

black drops back and lets keoghs go forward (remember him anybody?  remember we actually signed him as a striker 200 years ago?  if we have to be gash and get relegated then we should at least get a former fans favorite involved.  think we owe it to him actually as he had massive amounts of potential and was touted as our most likely scotland cap when we first got promoted, just to then rot on the bench while duncan ran up hundreds of appearances) , both can make a challenge and gives everybody else a real core to build from.

bayne rattles them and is a better finisher than hes given credit for, only forward who isnt toothless or seemingly intimidated by opposition defences, must start.

any changes made through the game must involve richie hart either going up front or in the middle as the likes of duncan, wyness or macbain are anything but impact players

ive no idea, maybe we just need a bit of drive from somewhere, we dont even need to win the game in my opinion, we just need to get the heads up and a bit of dig in our play.  eventually the obvious talent and skills of the squad will start to come through once we start getitng more of the ball, as they did in the past.  theres a world of difference between how a player reacts when he collects the ball in different situations when his heads down (as ours are).  from a throw in or simple pass he feels under pressure, either takes the easiest or quickest option and it only increases the pressure for next time if he f##ks up.  if the same player puts in a strong challenge and the ball breaks to him he isnt worried what happens next and is a **** of alot less nervous, seeing as the defensive jobs done.  this can rub onto team mates and who knows maybe even the boss

i think itll take 2 posts before somebody tells me im talking sh#te about keogh being included in the squad ahead of duncan, but you could replace what i said there with hart, hes just as strong in a challenge.

Is Keogh not injured, waiting for an operation or something?

I think that clacher is right in a number of areas.  I don't think we should change the back five - whenever we do we appear shaky and lose silly goals (eg Tannadice on Saturday, East End in February).  I also don't think we should change up front - Dargo is still a good player despite his poor patch and Bayne gives us options with his strength of running and 'rummle them up' attitude.  The midfield is the place to look for changes.  I admit to speaking from a position of ignorance as I havent' been to many games this season but from what I've seen and read I think we need to inject more pace and vigour into our team, especially in the middle.  Perhaps pair Black with Hart and give Sutherland a shot out wide.  Perhaps get Morgan involved on the left or give Rankin a shot out there with a licence to get quality balls into the box consistently.  If Keogh was fit he might be worth a shout but as I said above, I believe he's injured.

Ok - here's my tuppence worth

Goal: Mark Brown without a doubt.

Defence: The solid 4 is Tokely, Dods, Munro and Hastings. I would like to see Caff playing more often but realistically, he would only replace Dods / Munro who are not under-performing

Midfield: This is where it gets interesting. We dont really have anyone to replace Barry on the right and although he tires more quickly these days, he really has to start as he is probably our most consistent outfield player this season. Perhaps he could play for 60 minutes and be replaced regularly (ie. in most games) by Zander who can play on either wing Richie Hart can also play there but I think he is more effective in the middle. On the left we have a choice of McBain, Rankin, or Morgan. Rankin is probably the most skillful, but we have seen that Morgan has pace and a decent cross so it would be between those two for me as choice on the left. In the middle, I think we should go for either Black or Duncan in a slightly defensive midfield 'grafter' role. Duncan gets loads of abuse for the things he does wrong, but even if his passes go astray, he does still work hard - an unsung hero sort of role. I think Blackie could also do this with some aplomb. The other midfield spot would be a slightly attacking role and for this, I think we have got to go either with Richie Hart getting forward or Bayne playing deeper. Both will work hard to win the ball and can hopefully deliver a telling pass to the front two. Liam Keogh is another option but as he is out injured, not considered for my lineup  :004:

Forwards: Dargo and Wyness. The Dargo-Wyness combination netted a shedload of goals from November - March last season so maybe its time for them both to get a run of games together. In certain games I would like to see McSwegan get a start (assuming he recovers from current injury). We got him as cover for our strikers and to me, cover is not just for injuries, its also for loss of form. None of our other 4 strikers (Bayne, Dargo, Wyness, McAllister) are scoring regularly enough to have an automatic start. They complain of lack of service so if we can get that right and they still dont score then the experience of McSwegan might be whats needed.

so (assuming all are fit) here is my final choice:

Brown

Tokely    Munro    Dods    Hastings

Black

Wilson                                    Rankin

Hart

Dargo          Wyness

Keogh is going for an operation this week apparently. This was from last week -

Inverness Caley Thistle midfielder Liam Keogh has been booked in for ankle surgery next week, manager Charlie Christie has revealed.The former Celtic player has made only one start this season and Christie said: "We've been able to move quickly to line up his operation. Hopefully, this can turn the corner for him."

At the moment we are playing some fantastic football. It will be extremly dificult for a team who usually draws with us in recent years to do the same this time under the current circumstances.

We have too many options, a host of great defenders who dont make the starting eleven, creative players a striker on form (di g) all the ingredients for an away win.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

KGC, KISS MA  HAIRY HIELAN DOUP !!

Killie =  Fantastic Football Ya Bam? The only time the TV pundits have anything fantastic to say about Killie is when they talk about your steak pies.

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

Wilson Black Rankin Sutherland

Dargo Wyness

I'd go for that lineup as well.

Just as long as McBain doesn't get another unwarranted start 

KGC, KISS MA  HAIRY HIELAN DOUP !! Killie =  Fantastic Football Ya Bam? The only time the TV pundits have anything fantastic to say about Killie is when they talk about your steak pies.
no need for that !! - while not spectacular, I wouldnt mind ICT being in Killie's shoes .... top 6 finish the last few years and seldom skirt with relegation ..... and not only that, its a realistic goal for us to be there as they got 6th spot the last couple of years at our expense.