FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Did I Dream It?" Thread

Renegade

Ever had those questions you were too afraid to ask? Ever wondered about something but been unsure whether you dreamt it or not? Ever been too afraid to ask something due to fear of ridicule and abandonment by your peers? Well have I got the thread for you. Here's a place to ask those weird ICT related questions no-one else thought of.

I'll start us off with two that have been on my mind lately -

About ten years ago, did they netting in the goals at the Caley Stadium have "ICTFC" woven into them? I seem to remember that it did, but am not entirely sure.

Now this one really is weird -

I seem to recollect that there were rumours in the late 90s in the local media of Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao coming to play in two pre-season friendlies. Was this really on the cards or was it just in one those weird ICT related dreams that I sometimes have?

Someone please put me out of my misery!

Edited by Renegade

About ten years ago, did they netting in the goals at the Caley Stadium have "ICTFC" woven into them? I seem to remember that it did, but am not entirely sure.

Yes, they did. I remember this distinctly too.

What happened to Liam keogh and Paul bradshaw?

Liam Keogh was released in 2007 and signed for Peterhead and then Elgin City. He packed it in at that point and went to work offshore. I remember when we got promoted in 2004 people thought he could push on into Scotland contention! Didn't quite work out like that. I was there when Keogh scored his first goal btw.

Paul Bradshaw ended up playing for Forres again. I'm sure I heard that during one season he stopped showing up for matches and training when the Can-Cans were out of contention for the title :lol: He really was a waste of talent. If Steve Paterson releases you from your contract for being unprofessional, it's time to re-evaluate your life.

• Agree 3

Yes, they did. I remember this distinctly too.

I also remember there was some fuss about it being against the rules with some even speculating a points deduction for breaching the rules.

I used to go to the Young Blues Club every Monday (I think). It survived the merger and I definately attended until at least 1996. It then got rebranded as it wasn‘t Jaggy enough by name. Any kid could attend - it wasn‘t just performance based.

Anyway my question is do the club still run a once weekly football night for youngsters? (other than performance squads such as U13‘s)

This my sound stupid, but there really was a mascot called Angus the Stag wasn't there? Whatever happened to him? Where is he now? Will he ever come back?

Younger posters probably won't remember him, but he was far better than chancers like Nessie and the ICat!

Was he not joined for a while by another one for a while? Caley the Croc or something?

Was keoghs first against Hamilton in the 5-1 game or was that the game he missed a complete sitter, can't quite remember.

He scored his first goal in a 5-0 win over Brechin. According to soccerbase the other scorers that day were Steve Hislop, Barry Wilson and Ross Tokely (2).

This my sound stupid, but there really was a mascot called Angus the Stag wasn't there? Whatever happened to him? Where is he now? Will he ever come back?

Younger posters probably won't remember him, but he was far better than chancers like Nessie and the ICat!

Was he not joined for a while by another one for a while? Caley the Croc or something?

The last I saw of Angus the Stag, he'd had a sex change and was in fact dancing like a drunk woman at a disco.

ICaT was excellent. Always has the kids entertained. Never been too sure of Nessie. Seems a bit TOO obvious to have Nessie as a mascot, given our location. lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Does anyone else remember when Nicky Walker played in goal for us (and for Ross County), whenever we had a corner, he stood way way up the field?  I'm talking about in the centre-circle and I'm sure I saw him playing for County once and when they had a corner he was inside the opposition half!

Was this really something he used to do, or did I dream it?

Anyone remember when we used to play Livi? Bit of a "derby" style match for us so I thought I would check out some of the old pictures on CaleyJags.com and came across this beaut of Richard Brittain :laugh:

post-19-0-39884200-1389646693_thumb.png

• Agree 1