FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What word.......?

Yngwie

What word describes your reaction the very instant you realised Roberts free kick was heading skyward?  (I think under the circumstances we can take a more lenient attitude than usual towards swearing.)

For me, it was simply "Ach...."

My exclamation was at the final whistle and went along the lines of how the feck did we not win. Penalties are lotteries and after nine well taken ones it was inevitable that one would be missed by somebody. It would not have been the first time that we had won on penalties had we won this one but alas thats football. I hate this competition for not having replay's.

Butcher - what the feck are you doing ?  HE PICKED THE PENALTY TAKERS.

Raven - Meekings - Warren - Draper - Sutherland - even reguero - You gutless bestards.

you might be upset but calling our players gutless bestards is Totally out of order, i for one am proud of all of them.

Butcher - what the feck are you doing ?  HE PICKED THE PENALTY TAKERS.

Raven - Meekings - Warren - Draper - Sutherland - even reguero - You gutless bestards.

If Butcher picks the takers, how are the others gutless besterds?  They may have been just as willing to take a penalty as Philips but Butcher might have opted for Philips first.

When Roberts came on in 89th minute, thats when I thought of a couple of words to use.  Did mention to a few around me that, " I hope he doesn't take a penalty"  And that was at start of extra time!!

My exclamation was at the final whistle and went along the lines of how the feck did we not win. Penalties are lotteries and after nine well taken ones it was inevitable that one would be missed by somebody. It would not have been the first time that we had won on penalties had we won this one but alas thats football. I hate this competition for not having replay's.

What went through my head was  it doesnt matter as you fielded a player who is banned from the competition

Actually I was speechless 

Is anyone actually stooped enuff to think that the penalty kick takers were selected before the feckin game !! I would be surprised if the first five choices were the two Shinnies, McKay, Foran and Doran. I can also see the thinking behind putting the top three first in line. I suspect that it then may have been a case of asking the remaining players as to who is up to taking a penalty. In that circumstances I feel that Phillips should have been turned down - the mere fact that he wasnt either suggests that he was allowed to by the more senior professionals standing. That is the reason that I am calling them "gutless" - not fer their performances but because they did not step into the breach and basically allowed Roberts to take the responsibility.

Would there been as much furore if one of the others fecked up the final spot kick ?

F.F.S when he came on as a sub. i dont rate him, never have from day one

cool light of next day.

he only did what better players than him have done and will do again. lay off the boy

mackay is the real reason we are not in the final with what could be our only chance of a MAJOR competition win. dont subscribe to the crap that this is a diddy cup.

who knows when this team is dismantled at the end of the season, players going/ coming will we ever have the chance again.

mackays miss was so bad he is on bbc online sport as the "miss of the season"

but then what about other players

doran was poor, draper could not cope with the hearts young boys who were too quick for him, his touch and passing were bad ( fresh air swipe on one clearance).

what about tony going early for every penalty, websters pen was rolled past him just about down the middle with no pace at all.