FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gavin Morrison

Renegade

Agree with the above, good move getting the lad game time, our midfield has been very settled so its going to be a struggle to break into it this season unless there are injuries. Plus with going to Elgin its still locak and we can hopefully recall him if we do need cover.

Would have preferred him to go to a team at a higher level than Hellgin - seriously.

I actually agree with this.  We're 2nd in the SPL this season, we should be offloading players to teams in the first division.  I don't know if its because of the travelling distance but i've got a feeling thats exactly why it always seems to be Elgin.  He's too good for them and should be playing at a higher standard, its great that he's going to be getting first team football but i wish it was at a higher level.

When Hearts were clearly the 3rd force in Scottish football the likes of Gordon went on loan to Cowndenbeath when they were in the 3rd. And he did not bad after that. Games are the most important thing ad unless a 1st division club approaches for the use of a player on loan knowing they need a 1st team addition, it's probably the best option. Not ideal but compeditive football is better than bounce games.

Wouldnt the management choose Elgin so as Gavin can continue to train fulltime with ICT as Elgin are part-time and train evenings in Inverness, he can stay at home, easy for the club management/scout to keep tabs on how he is performing in matches every fortnight, which are only 40 miles away. But all in all, it seems like a good/simple opportunity for all involved.

Oh, and this is my first post. Great site. :wink:

• Agree 3

Would / Should he have palyed at Killie and should he be the replacement fer OTJ or Draper ?

I'd have started him over Ross for that position yeah.

I presumed Foran would have fallen back into that position with Ross taking a more wide midfielder/winger type role

Might all change now that Foran is injured

Deja Vu ??

28/04/12:

Gavin Morrison is off to Iceland Elgin  on a 4 month contract! Yay All hail Terry Butcher! Forward thinking there!

But, no. Gavin is off to Iceland  Elgin for 4 months with 1 year  4 months left on his contract. The next 4 months will save money on his wage and the hope is he will be signed by a first division or an Icelandic club in the summer. There's no long term player development. It's all done to make sure he signs for someone else.

The plan from the management is that he will never wear a Caley Thistle top again. I'm not one to make things up, but this is the truth. I'm fed up with everything that's happening and i'm fed up with the way the club is heading.

OFFICIAL RESPONSE:

We are not sure what his source of information is or the reasons behind his post on Gavin are, but the facts are as follows:

• No fees are involved, the club (ICTFC) are paying his wage, so we are "not saving money". It is certainly not about money and we see this as an investment in his future and an opportunity to broaden his experience.
  • The reason he has been given this opportunity is exactly as the manager stated to allow him to get that experience. The manager (as stated in the press last week) thinks Gavin has a big future (with our club) but requires to get games under his belt.
  • He is not out in Iceland Elgin so we can sell him on, he is worth more to the club as a player than any compensation/ development fees we would ever get at this stage of his career. As stated above he needs competitive games and the Icelandic opportunity came up and suits all parties including Gavin who jumped at the chance.

He's 23 now, i cant help but think he will be off permanently sooner rather than later. He's getting to that stage where he needs to be an established regular in a team. 

Edited by ajsict92