Rugby Returns to TCS

CaleyD

They tend to be more concious of pitches in these games by doing things like moving scrums so they're not on the same spot all the time etc.  They also provide a lot of help with pitch repairs etc afterwards to ensure they are, as much as possible, back to the state in which they were handed over to them.

Having spoken to those involved with the last couple of rugby matches we've hosted, they full appreciate and respect the facilities provided (not just the pitch) and sizeable portions of their budget and resources are ring-fenced for taking care of them.

Hopefully I'm not tempting fate, but we seem to have a pitch which stands up a lot better than some others to hosting the odd game of rugby and it's never caused any major issues in the past.

Will pass on this one as I'm nae a fan of rubgy and last time I think this was on I went with a mate and it was LASHING it with rain and ended up quickly heading into town for a pint at hootys!

The plan is to have the Sports Bar at the stadium open throughout the game, so you won't have far to wander for a drink (as the Sports Bar had heating fitted a wee while back, it should also be warm...the bar, not the drink)