FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Mark Brown set to leave?

dunco

I'd hate for Brown to take a step back and join a middle of the league team like Falkirk or Dundee United.

He can do better.

Bit condescending that don't you think?

I'm sure both clubs would be more than able to offer a better financial package for the player than we could

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arab4Ever

Why are some Caley fans still so bitter towards Utd and Eddie Thompson in particular? If it wasnt for "the Grocer" you lot would probably still be playing at Pittodrie. Not to mention the 265k you have got from us for 2 average signings.

Why are some Caley fans still so bitter towards Utd and Eddie Thompson in particular? If it wasnt for "the Grocer" you lot would probably still be playing at Pittodrie. Not to mention the 265k you have got from us for 2 average signings.

Why would we still be at Pittodrie, had it not been for you ?

Guest Arab4Ever

Eddie Thomspon is on the SPL commitee and it was him that pushed through changes in the rules to allow Caley to move.

I think we had a evening fixture against your lot at Pittodrie and it raised the all time lowest SPL attendance. ET thought it was a distance your fans had to travel 2 and a half hours for a home game and quite rightly he acted.

Guest Arab4Ever

You sound a bit that way yourself  :023:

I forgot, who were the 2 average signings?

I dont detect any self bitterness. I am perhap vexed that RiG makes a comment and then cant justify what he meant :024:

Anyway the 2 average signings were Proctor and Brewster. I dont see why some Caley fans are still bitter over the transfer dealings of last season when its clear you got the much better deal.

We took your manager for 225k and you replaced him with someone equally able. We took 40k Proctor from your reserves and you dont seem to be missing him much.

Eddie Thomspon is on the SPL commitee and it was him that pushed through changes in the rules to allow Caley to move.

ET thought it was a distance your fans had to travel 2 and a half hours for a home game and quite rightly he acted.

Sorry, but that's being a bit economical with the truth IIRC. There are others, less senile, who will remember the details better than I can but good old ET did it all on his lonesome? No vote?

EDIT: Anyway, maybe he was driven by guilt from unsettling our team in div 1, and his 'temp help' McCall saying publicly that he's 'been in for the boy Robson, and will be back for him in the close season'?

I'm not bitter, I realise it's just business, and anyway a lot of the animosity on here seems to be against Brew, not ET. I think the problem is yours, you just want everybody to like your cuddly wee club  :015: :015: :015:

I dont detect any self bitterness. I am perhap vexed that RiG makes a comment and then cant justify what he meant :024:

Your problem's with RiG's choice of phrase then, not with the rest of us  :017:

Also you're concentrating on the deals of last season, whereas most people's problem seems to go back to when ICT were in div 1.

Anyway, no hard feelings, Utd are a good side now, time to get my coat on and off to Forthbank.

Guest Arab4Ever

Your problem's with RiG's choice of phrase then, not with the rest of us  :017:

Also you're concentrating on the deals of last season, whereas most people's problem seems to go back to when ICT were in div 1.

Anyway, no hard feelings, Utd are a good side now, time to get my coat on and off to Forthbank.

I had no idea there were any problems from when ICT where first division. What happened?

P.S Was that the problem you highlighted with Robson earlier? McCall was a bit of a tool and I appreciated that at the time although he did seem to be a good managar. He was able to **** the oppostion of one way or another.

The way Eddie Thompson has conducted himself on transfer bids involving ICT has been extremely underhand, every Arab I know cringes with embarrassment and apologises for it. In Div 1 it maybe started with his moves to lure Steve Paterson, who was offered the manager's job but eventually declined. ET then tried to deny that he wanted Paterson, and effectively announced on TV that our club's directors were liars.

I think we had a evening fixture against your lot at Pittodrie and it raised the all time lowest SPL attendance. ET thought it was a distance your fans had to travel 2 and a half hours for a home game and quite rightly he acted.

Aye but where was he when we were trying to gain access in the first place?  It was because of Hibs and Hearts (if I remember rightly) that we were given a second vote, and did Dundee Utd not abstain from voting the first time round?

Guest Arab4Ever

Couldnt tell you.

and by the way dunco im over 16. are you the kind of ***** that hears a wee rumour and spreads it around as gospel? If he was a sex offender he would most likely be on the inside.

if however it turns out he is a sex offender I apologizes from all quadrants of my heart

Guest Arab4Ever

I see John Hughes was in press saying he wouldnt let Gow go to the Sheep or Hibs but only to a bigger club like old firm or premiership.

Now he is wanting to take Brown who which could be seen as a sideways move for Brown. Depends how you look at it. Hint of double standards going on :024:

Guest Suspicious Mind

Fully understand Broonie's desire to move to a club closer to home, offering a much better deal financially if that's what he decides to do but Falkirk!!

FFS that's like moving from Poundstretcher to Costcutters!

If he left for a club like Hibs for example, good luck to him but Yogi's Bairn's and their two sided stadium no chance. If that's all that's on offer Broonie stay put!

Brown is far too good for Falkirk - Better offers will come in sooner or later, and I think he should show a bit of ambition by telling Falkirk that he's actually looking for a move upwards so thanks but no thanks.