FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Mark Brown set to leave?

dunco

Guest Arab4Ever

Fighting talk :001:

Should be a good game though, cant wait. Absolutely gutted it was off.

Anyone know how the rules work - if we signed a player on Thursday was he elligible to play on the Sunday? Apparently there is supposed be a weeks notice on new signings but no-one is sure.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Falkirk will offer him more money, and he will be offski. Let's face it, it is his employment and we would all have to think about a £2/300 per week pay rise. It can only be for money and not ambition.

Fully understand Broonie's desire to move to a club closer to home, offering a much better deal financially if that's what he decides to do but Falkirk!!

FFS that's like moving from Poundstretcher to Costcutters!

If he left for a club like Hibs for example, good luck to him but Yogi's Bairn's and their two sided stadium no chance. If that's all that's on offer Broonie stay put!

Doesn't say anywhere that he wants to go, but he would be silly not to listen to what people have to offer.  He actually says he likes Inverness and Charlie is trying to offer him better terms.

Click on the sports section for the article from the P & J

Brown would not have a significantly better chance of getting trophies or titles if he left us for Falkirk or United.

At Falkirk he might get a wee bit more money but that is debateable.

At United he would get more money but despite all their claims United are a middle of the league team just now.

Therefore he is not really bettering himself in my opinion.

Hibs or someone like Aberdeen yes. Falkirk or Dundee United - nope.

The Sun

Brooonie said; "You have to hope it's the start of another cup run for Caley.  Whether I am here or not is another question.  It's been well documented that there is interest from Falkirk.  I'm out of contract and they want to speak, so we'll see what happens.  I'm not looking to leave Caley.  The club have made an initial offer but I haven't signed and I think they're coming back t me with an improved offer.  So until I speak to the club I don't know what will happen.  I didn't feel what was offered was a good enough contract to commit myself to.  You have to look after yourself so now the transfer window is opened I can look at other things.  I'm happy at Inverness and I've enjoyed my time here.  There aren't any other clubs except Falkirk I'm talking to just now.

"Maybe my international ambitions might be better helped elsewhere.  Inverness is isolated and a little bit out the road.  We are in the SPL now and you still get exposure but whether or not you get as much as the central belt clubs, I'm not sure.  I've got to take everything into consideration.  I won't be pledging myself to Falkirk until I have spoke to the manager.  As an Inverness player, the first thing is to speak to them and if it doesn't work out look at other options.  The boys have had a few jokes asking 'Where are you going this week?'.  But I'm just concentrating on my football.

CC replied:"I think the club will definitely come back with an improved offer for Mark.  He knows how highly I rate hi.  You must remember he was one of the players that Craig Brewster was looking at replacing up here, believe it or not.  But since I came in I've been right behind Mark."

Sounds like he just wants a good deal for himself.  Hopefully the club will come back with a better offer and keep him here for a few more years.  Seems that the only club interested is Falkirk, and if he sees that as a better move - in terms of International career then he needs his head sorted.  Still a lot to happen though.  Question: If he signed a pre-contract, would you want him playing, or would we look at getting Fraser playing some games?

I'm of the opinion Mike Fraser could be a better keeper than Broonie too  :022: I've seen all his performances for the first X1, including that 45mins in our debut season; and every time have been really impressed.

If Brown does go, i'd rather he leave in the December window for a fee, than sign a pre-contract and leave in the summer.

If Mark Brown 100% honestly believes that playing for ICT is the reason that he is not in the Scotland squad then I am afraid that really doesn't say much for the lad.

He is a good keeper and is playing well. The location of Inverness has nothing to do with it.

Guest Arab4Ever

Walter Smith told Brown if he wanted to play for Scotland then he had to be at a club with a full time GK coach. I guess if Smith fucks off that might change things.

At the end of the day we have Gordon anyway

Unfortuantly because were not down in the central belt, maybe does have something to do with it. The fact is that Gordon is sensational and I hav not been this confident about Scottish goalkeeping since the glory days when we had Main/Gould/Leighton/Goram to pick from. however whats shocking is when keepers like ryan esson get picked for the sqaud over broonie :010:

If Mark Brown 100% honestly believes that playing for ICT is the reason that he is not in the Scotland squad then I am afraid that really doesn't say much for the lad.

He is a good keeper and is playing well. The location of Inverness has nothing to do with it.

The reason he isn't in the Scotland squad is that he isn't good enough to be in the Scotland squad.

The simple fact despite the fact he is a GOOD keeper there are a few weaknesses in his game and thus he is no better than the 3-4 other keepers vying to be the 2nd or 3rd choice to Craig Gordon

Of course this is all probably paper talk but it does annoy me when the geography card is played YET again.

If he wants to move to Falkirk for a few extra £££'s fair enough but don't pull ths 'I want to play for Scotland and need to move c**p'

Of course this is all probably paper talk but it does annoy me when the geography card is played YET again.

If he wants to move to Falkirk for a few extra £££'s fair enough but don't pull ths 'I want to play for Scotland and need to move c**p'

Thats what Broonie is being quoted as saying.  Geography is a big factor in why he thinks he is not in the Scotland setup.

His argument just doesn't hold any water I'm afraid  :006:

He's playing pretty much in the central belt every other weekend (outwith Aberdeen) when we play away isn't he?? Surely if Inverness is so far from civilisation he could be watched then??

If he was considered good enough he'd be in the squad

It's funny how quickly opinions change when Broonie is on his way out...  I don't think he is by any means number 1 but due to his age and general ability he should easily be 3rd choice, if not 2nd

I don't think moving to Falkirk will enhance his chances but if he went to Hibs I guarentee he would be in the next squad and all the best to him... if he moves we have an excellent replacement in ikee who has every chance of doing better than Broonie with the first team oppertunity

The reason he isn't in the Scotland squad is that he isn't good enough to be in the Scotland squad.

The simple fact despite the fact he is a GOOD keeper there are a few weaknesses in his game and thus he is no better than the 3-4 other keepers vying to be the 2nd or 3rd choice to Craig Gordon

Exactly.

Craig Gordon is by far and away a better keeper than Broonie as things stand. He is fighting for 2nd or 3rd Keeper pick. If he is good enough he will get picked. He is kidding himself, as are the fans, if he and they think it is because of where he plays that is some sort of hinderance.