FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Intertoto Cup

Kingsmills

According to tday's Press & Journal, the club will be declaring a desire once again to compete in next season's tournament.

If so,let's hope that the position is resolved a good deal earlier than last time around when nobody seemed sure whether we would be in it or not until well into june.

The same article also indicates that the team intend o go back to Tuscany for pre season training if the Intertoto is not an option. It appears that there will be no US trip at least this year.

Why does this subject keep on rearing its ugly head.  No good would come of it if we were involved, it will likely cost the club financially to compete and it will disrupt the league campaign.  In addition, CC is very sceptical about the merits of Intertoto - should his views not be  listened to.

there may be no financial gain, no really big teams and we'd be unlikely to make the uefa cup, but i think that it would be great for the fans and players. i doubt we'd take it that serious so we could just enjoy it. anyway if we wer lucky we could get someone like newcastle or deportivo

Why does this subject keep on rearing its ugly head.  No good would come of it if we were involved, it will likely cost the club financially to compete and it will disrupt the league campaign.  In addition, CC is very sceptical about the merits of Intertoto - should his views not be  listened to.

From what I've read Grassa and CC are quite interested in entering it again.

Personally I think it would be a huge mistake. Even if we did make it into the draw it would be in the early stages, a couple of weeks after our season ended against none of the big names who only come in at the 3 rd round

The main reason for entering is that it gives us two or three games of very competitive pre-season training outside of our own league fixture list. It also gives our guys proper experience of playing outside Scotland. Last seasons training camp to Tuscany was marred by not being able to secure competitive games because of the closed season.

However, I think it will be Aberdire who go this time, unless we can leapfrog them in the league.

Yes a SC win would give us entry to Uefa but that would be kind of getting thrown in at the deep end.