FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket holder can't buy usual stand seats for cup game!!

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

Furious, disillusioned and completely flummoxed season ticket holder!!

Toodled down to the stadium today to get my tickets for celtic game only to be told my usual section of the main stand wasn't being released and i could only get tickets for the North Stand or uncovered sections of the main stand. I.e not my usual named match seat.

Our group is me and 4 kids with our named seats in the main stand which we have had since return to TCS. Thats £115 i was prepared to pay on top of £85 I paid last week for Utd. I was intending purchasing another 4 tickets for friends wanting to go and my friend and his son who sit beside us were due to buy their tickets too.

So I refused to buy any tickets on a point of principal. Haven't missed a home game this season, even poor friendlies and will be going to the pub to watch instead. The £270 ticket sales won't be missed for this game but our goodwill has certainly been lost and that amounts to a whole lot more for a club season ticket holder (programmes, merchandising, match lotteries, grub!!). Kids are really disappointed and can't believe the club would do this. This is atrocious PR.

Anyone else hacked off with this?

They refused to sell you tickets because that area of the stadium wasn't being released? What a ridiculous reason not to sell you your seats!

'd phone the club again and complain. They might give you a free pie by means of an apology.

EWS - are your brother and friends in the limited number of family seats in the main stand or in 'normal' seats ?

Sounds like Rebelwithoutaclue may be in the family seats and for some reason (discussed on another couple of threads), like the family section of the north stand these seats are not available as 'family seats' for this game ....

While family seatholders can probably buy there tickets for their normal seats in the north stand at full price, it doesnt seem fair that they wouldnt let you purchase them at all in the main stand, even at full price ... they will no doubt be reserved for additional members of the prawn sandwich brigade.

I really think the club should get their act together and start looking after their 'priceless' season tickets holders first and the numpties of the prawn sarnie brigade a very second 'second'. Maybe someone from the club would like to explain the reasons why!  :023:

Rebel' ... could be worth finding out if 'your seats' have been sold to the Tic variety of supporter!!  :023: :023:

This game might be a good earner for the club, but it is turning into a PR disaster with regard to regular supporters.

I love ICTFC but we are an SPL team now, not a lower division side who regards a meeting with the old firm as an "event", it's time we started acting like one. In all the years I've supported the club there has always been this confusion about ticket allocation for " big " games. It's time the club reflected the growth of the team.

P*ssing of your season ticket holders is not a good move. Who is in charge of PR and marketing at the stadium?

Tommy?

Better off keeping your money in your pocket mate,this club doesn't give a f**k about the fans who are there week in week out,they just want the Old Firm's golden coins!!!

Once again i would ask what exactly does Mr Smith do as every "big" event turns in to a disaster,is the man up to the job???

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

Oh you got an e-mail. So do I normally. There's another reason for me to be scunnered.

:006:

:024:I I think I need to make another trip down to the stadium tomorrow. Been checking the small print on my season ticket and Courier ad says "Season ticket holders wishing to purchase their own seat have until wed 14th." Maybe a call to trading standards?

Jees all I want to do is watch the game in my usual seat and get soaked if it rains

Better off keeping your money in your pocket mate,this club doesn't give a f**k about the fans who are there week in week out,they just want the Old Firm's golden coins!!!

Once again i would ask what exactly does Mr Smith do as every "big" event turns in to a disaster,is the man up to the job???

expect nothing more from the ****

Can't say too much, but I had a conversation with someone today and the group were unable to purchase tickets for seats which they have season tickets for because they had "unfortunately" been sold to someone else and as with the poster in the opening thread were only given the option to purchase tickets in the main stand or uncovered wings, and even then they could not get tickets all together despite them sitting together every other match at the stadium.

Now, reading between the lines of various things I have heard it would seem that someone or something has screwed up somewhere along the line on a fairly monumental scale and it would seem to be due to the fact that Season Ticket Holders were allowed to purchase up to 4 tickets.  Also, don't be suprised if the club announce that their are NO tickets available for public sale, or a very very limited number.

Oh you got an e-mail. So do I normally. There's another reason for me to be scunnered.

:006:

I'm not saying that makes it all better but it's a progression at least. Have you tried calling the club again?

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

commom sense has prevailed. went back down this morning ready to do battle but got all my seats no bother. Think there has been a rethink. Expensive but worth it when we win.

Bring on the Celtic :003:

Guest CaleyJaggy

EWS - are your brother and friends in the limited number of family seats in the main stand or in 'normal' seats ?

Sounds like Rebelwithoutaclue may be in the family seats and for some reason (discussed on another couple of threads), like the family section of the north stand these seats are not available as 'family seats' for this game ....

While family seatholders can probably buy there tickets for their normal seats in the north stand at full price, it doesnt seem fair that they wouldnt let you purchase them at all in the main stand, even at full price ... they will no doubt be reserved for additional members of the prawn sandwich brigade.

Nah I don't sit in the family section Normal seats for us.  I had no bother whatsoever getting my seat.  I aint going because I refuse to pay full price for a cup match when I pay so much upfront at the start of the season.  Good to see that RWAC got his seats.  It would have been disgracefull if he was unable to get his own seats for this game.

Sadly, I don't think this is an isolated incident, we'd heard from someone else that they were refused their usual seats in the main stand,

and offered uncovered seats in the North Stand instead (there was several kids in the group!).  It was only when they started to kick up a stink that the club backed down and gave in.

Apparently the order to sell the seats had come from "very high up" - which if true is very very disappointing.  :007: :020: :007:

Right enuff, you do need corporate money, but why couldn't they flog them to them after the deadline for season ticket holders.

If you didn't get your tickets in time - tough, it's your own fault!

Lucky you got ANY tickets. I'm still trying to get through on the phone. Haven't managed to speak to a human being yet.

EDIT***

Well they did get back to me eventually so I'm sorted  :022: Apparently the phone system was down.