FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yo-Yo season

caley100

If Well' win or draw tonight we will drop to 10th place, and once again we will be mixing it with the relegation teams, albeit with a fairly comfortable cushion.

After a poor start hugging the bottom of the league we by the end of september won a few and started to climb the league, looking good trying for 4th place no less, then the collapse back down the league, then a few more wins and we are talking 6th place, with some stupid people even talking euro.

Now after three defeats ICT are back down near the bottom, i tell you this is doing no good for me hair colour or the finger nails, i am getting feckin dizzy.

I am feeling like a Johndo patient, all to feck in me head.

Do you think CC blew it by persisting with Rory? or should Sweggie have been given the staring slot, he is after all desperate to stay in Sneck and has more to prove.

I just think we are a 10th place team to be perfectly honest.

We've only won a quarter of our games and that really isn't good enough for a place in the top 6. We are a team that would typically be found around 9th or 10th in the league. If we do better than that - bonus and a nice Cup run would go down well also.

I just think we are a 10th place team to be perfectly honest.

We've only won a quarter of our games and that really isn't good enough for a place in the top 6. We are a team that would typically be found around 9th or 10th in the league. If we do better than that - bonus and a nice Cup run would go down well also.

Here here RIG. With our budget and set up we can't expect any more.  :hiding01:

What annoys me is that last season we were almost unbeatable on the road but couldnt do nothing at home. This season is the opposite. CC and DP seem to have solved the home form problem to the detriment of our away form. As for Rory v MacSwegan I cant comment. The most I've ever seen MacSwegan is about five minutes. I do however believe that Rory will come good but he needs the rest of the team to be on form as well.

Looking at the table tonight - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ble/default.stm - you could argue that is how the teams should be split certainly in terms of top half and bottom half teams anyway. Not being a boo boy but being realistic. Until we get a bigger transfer/wage budget then we should be aiming for something like 9th or 10th.

11th or above each season will do us just fine  :003:

Don't think there is much to choose between ourselves, Falkirk, United and Motherwell so I suspect 7th is still a realistic target and I'm sure our league position will be up and down over the next few weeks.

Assuming Dunfermline are mathematically relegated by the time the split happens then there will be 5 'meaningless' games with 15 points up for grabs. These could well give us the chance to climb a few places if CC can get the players minds as focused as last season

Agree with that Johnboy but its hard without the funds.

Kencar, the teams you mention have average home gates of around 10 thousand.

I meant in footballing terms. Obviously they have more money than us but there average crowds are some way off 10,00!!

Dundee United - 6902

Motherwell - 6141

Falkirk  - 5562

US - 4974  :006:

You really can't judge what position we are in at the moment because it isn't a true reflection when you look at our run of games.  We now have a run of United (h) Killie (a) Dunf (h) Rangers (a) Falkirk (h) there is a bag full of points there if we play to our potential.  I think top 6 is out of reach this season but isn't as far off as it looks just now. 

I don't think we need to worry too much yet. Let's face it, the Pars are going down.

On the other side, we are only six points behind Killie in 7th who are, as Alex says, a bit hit and miss at the moment. As are United, Well and Falkirk.

Once Dargo gets back and starts banging in the goals again, i think we will start climbing the table again.  :022:

remember we also have to count our Scottish Cup run aswell... something that has been severly lacking over the last few years!!  Could be a very memorable season :024:

How true Harry !

IF and I know it's a big IF, we could beat Celtic on Sunday (something the mighty AC Milan didn't manage tonight) it could be an extremely memorable season !

Last year Denzil and Dargo went on a goal spree. This year we lack regular goal scorers. Teams who fail to convert chances fail to win games.

That was my point, we were inconsistant in the goalscoring department before Denzil and Dargs were injured, so was it a mistake for CC to attempt to blood a young / inexperienced striker with a debatable attitude at such an important time?

Dear Mr 100, I agree to a point with what you say, but it was an excellent opportunity for Rory to prove if he's good enough, or not.

I think we have a "tired" squad and need a few fresh faces in the summer if we are to progress, including a quality striker, which I know don't come cheap, but we have a very wealthy Chairman!

Very true Ron, we have a chairman worth a few quid, but will he spend any of it on ICT?  Looks like we could lose a few players in the summer to join Broon and Dods, next season will be the test for CC and the new chairman.