FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Pars (home)

tm4tj

2 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Definitely 442. Dodos has seen sense at last. Shaw the best player on the park by a country mile.  Need a second goal though and probably would have had it but for a horrendous decision by the far side linesman for offside against Brooks. 

Shaw seems to have a pretty free role,he's picking the ball up everywhere. There's a lot of space down their right but we only seem to have Duffy doing the overlap which isn't ideal.

One DRAW in 7 games this is pathetic and enough is enough . Now for the dribble of excuses which Diddy Dodds  has probably got written already . Worst coach ever and it’s just setting new winless records that would be very hard to beat by anyone . Times well up get rid of this Dud or there will be no fans left supporting the club as your continuously driving them away . 

• Well Said 1

16 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Awful defending AGAIN

Ridgers caught in two minds.  Once he starts out he has to commit to going for the ball or, as happened, it's an easy goal for them.

Nevermind, that's us now on an unbeaten run 👍

• Funny 2

40 minutes ago, STFU said:

Ridgers caught in two minds.  Once he starts out he has to commit to going for the ball or, as happened, it's an easy goal for them.

Nevermind, that's us now on an unbeaten run 👍

I’m just concerned Hibs might come in for Doddsie now!! Gardiner will be doubling his contract to frighten-off potential suitors!

bc

Edited by big cherly

A big improvement in the first half, but that wouldn't be very difficult going by past performances. Officials were pathetic, the number of 50/50 that went in their favour was horrendous and the linesmen couldn't see what was offside or on.

Typical second half from ICT. Our opposition change things to get a grip on the game, and our 'so called' coaching staff look at a magical folder for answers! Football matches are never won by looking at a folder, and Dodds doesn't have a clue how to counteract things when tactics need changing.

Time to look at the 2 year contract to see if there are any loopholes so we can dispense with Dodds now, before we are deeper in the mire.

• Agree 4

4,4,2 was a good set up today.First 10 mins we were ropey but once we scored we settled and were decent rest of half with Shaw best by far.Boyce and Andrrson look good additions.Second half we lost our way a bit and I guess we all knew what would likely happen and did. Easy goal for them. Dunfermline changed tactics second half and we didnt do anything to countrr. Putting subs on with minutes to go is a waste of time,at least give them 10 or 15 minutes and a chance to get into the game and do something.On paper we look okay,so if we could build on confidence who knows and a pocket full of different tactics plans and options would help.Official poor.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Offside decisions looked suspect to say the least. Couple of good shots from Gilmour going close. Good goal from Shaw although keeper maybe at fault. Waiting on making changes required gave Dunfermline the opportunity to get back in the game. It was glaringly obvious that fresh legs were required.  Poor decision by Ridgers to come for the ball as didn’t look any need to. Harper requires to stop giving the ball to the opposition and inviting pressure. Probably would have seen the game out and had chances to kill it off had we avoided losing poor goal; still at that unfortunately. Hopefully with the new additions we can consolidate and push on in the league. Better signs and nice that we weren’t having to chase the game for a change. Although the three points were there for us today and disappointing not to take them. Dunfermline sniffed a steal at the end and good we resisted that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Absolute comical at the Pars goal , 4 of them crowded around some picture book that Wilson held onto the whole game.

Second half was devoid of any football from us and consisted of Ridgers passing it to their centre half's head and them coming right back at us. If they could have finished their chances we could have been embarrassed this afternoon 

FFS we even made Joe Chalmers look good.

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

We should have won that but I also feel we were lucky not to lose it.

We started poorly but then got a grip of the first half and deservedly led at the break. I’d like to see the offside for Brooks’ “goal” again as he looked onside to me. He finished it well.

The goalie was at fault for Shaw’s goal, but he came close shortly after with a really powerful effort as did Gilmour.

We were poor after the break, although Brooks was denied again by what may have been a wrong offside decision when put through on the goalie. Bray had two mazy runs and shots but unfortunately could not hit the target.

Thanks for posting the goals. I had not realised the extent to which we gift wrapped it for Dunfermline, and it had to be their no 5 who was “at it” all game.

The officials were poor (even if it turns out that they got the offside calls right) letting some poor challenges go and allowing Dunfermline to gain 10 yards at every throw in.

Positives for me were Boyes and Anderson, who both look good additions. Boyes settled in to a decent game after a nervy opening, whilst Anderson was comfortable in midfield and looking to make positive passes. Bray again impressed when he came on. I also liked what I saw of Brooks. Shaw once again was our best player.

Dunfermline made us play hoofball by pressing our defenders at goal kicks.

A disappointing end and outcome, but some positives which I hope we can build on in our upcoming games. Raith away and Dundee United at home will be tougher challenges, so we need to cut out the mistakes and play to our strengths. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I agree we were poor in the second half but we had several good passages of play in the first half when we passed and moved quickly.

We need to get Shaw involved as much as we can. I see Anderson as a good addition.

If Brooks “goal” had counted I think we’d have seen the game out fine. 

Second half was very sloppy, could be the team low on confidence as we lost possession too many times with players holding on to the ball and not playing the pass or making a run with it. We ended up just launching the ball forward towards McKay against their 3 CBs. With the way the ref handled the game, I'm honestly surprised Duffy didn't get a second yellow and sent off.

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

I’m just concerned Hibs might come in for Doddsie now!! Gardiner will be doubling his contract to frighten-off potential suitors!

bc

McInnes to Hibs and Dodds to Killie ? And could all of that have been pre planned and we end up saving spondoolicks ? 

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

McInnes to Hibs and Dodds to Killie ? And could all of that have been pre planned and we end up saving spondoolicks ? 

I am sure we would all be happy with that IHE :wink:

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The officials were poor (even if it turns out that they got the offside calls right) letting some poor challenges go and allowing Dunfermline to gain 10 yards at every throw in.

Stand side linesman missed a blatant corner to Dunfermline in the first half when Boyes clipped the ball trying to shepherd it out, and it looked like he gave us a throw when Davidson sclaffed it out in the second half. 

• Agree 1

At this rate of points per game we actually at the end of the season could amass at a push double figures in points ! And to our shameless board  of directors as it stands  is acceptable?? Ffs wake up. Finishing up the league a couple of places higher generates money  which could  pay that hopeless one off . Not that we needed to be in this position  Had it not been for some ridiculous person giving a 2 year extension to his contract . This extension certainty shocked the vast majority of supporters young and old . Way too many unnecessary positions at the club ( ceo , sporting director) that seem to be not generating anything but increase the wage bill . Feel free to enlighten us. We are not a big club at this time sadly and no need for jobs for the boys !! 

• Agree 5
  • Well Said 2

Sadly at 4.50 all our 'jobs for the boys' had disappeared from their cushy padded seats straight into the bar. All had made themselves scarce before Carson and co had even left the pitch.

Only the Pars board were left acknowledgeing their players.

Absolutely no faith in any of them and do wonder how many have the club at heart and are not just on some ego trip.

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic