FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory

L_G

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pele_is_god.thats a very good point.we should put him out on loan to a 1st or 2nd division club.a season with 20 or so goals would do him the world of good and he would hpefuly continue that form in2 the next season with us.bt if he dnt deliver no his loan spell i think that shuid b byebye 2 his caley career.i still think he's minging bt he's only 19.

Why?  He's a flippin Jessie!  Methinks he flatters to deceive.  I honestly don't rate him and after last Tuesday he should be consigned to the under 12's where he might have a chance of taking a tackle - BUT I don't think so.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Pele sent Robson to Forfar for a pretty hefty loan spell and it obviously didn't do him any harm. It'd be interesting to see what kind of damage our current youngsters could do against lower division opposition. Could McAllister go to Elgin and out-score Martin Johnston? Could Sutherland go to Peterhead and win second division player of the season? It'd be useful to see them tested.

I have to agree with some of the comments that Rory may not have what it takes to make it in the SPL.........

but here's a thought, why don't we all get right behind him for the remainder of this season and for all of next season, cheer him onto the park, instead of the groans he gets from some quarters at present, applaud every good thing he does, encourage him when things go wrong.

Who knows what may happen when the boy gets a bit of confidence, and he is only boy.

I'd hate to see him punted by ICT only to be a success somewhere else

I have to agree with some of the comments that Rory may not have what it takes to make it in the SPL.........

but here's a thought, why don't we all get right behind him for the remainder of this season and for all of next season, cheer him onto the park, instead of the groans he gets from some quarters at present, applaud every good thing he does, encourage him when things go wrong.

:025: :025: :025:

Totally agree, Its turned into something of a witchunt recently against Rory :007:

Who knows what may happen when the boy gets a bit of confidence, and he is only boy.

I'd hate to see him punted by ICT only to be a success somewhere else

Well that's just it, what exactly has he done recently that deserves praise?  Giving Falkirk a goal scoring opportunity when we were in an attacking movement?  Holding the ball up in an attacking position, waiting for support only to be moved off the ball by the defender about four or five yards behind him breathing heavily?  IMO it's not down to us whether he is successfull (sp?) or not, it's down to him knuckling down and improving vastly.  If he dosn't then the only success he'll ever have is with a team playing in 2nd/3rd divisions.

Christ sakes leave the poor lad alone. He's still only a young un. Bear in mind that in general strikers dont make a mark till there at least 24. Unless their exceptional. Rory will come good eventually.

Sad fact is that Rory has shown very little of this huge potential he is meant to have.

Bear in mind that in general strikers dont make a mark till there at least 24..

Ship him out 'til he's 24 then.

And where's the proof that backs up that statement?

Fact is...Rory is crap.  Just because he's one of 'ours' doesn't mean people can't say what they want about him.  If he played for anyone else we'd all be saying how gash he is.

As someone said before, the U-20's must be really *****.

But why give him so much stick? do you honestly believe that it will help his development?

I think Agent N has got it spot on IMO, why not try and encourage him and you never know...  next season he may turn into the hottest prospect in Scotland (lets face it there is not that much competition).  This year Scotland has been starved with decent youth players and as soon as one turns good the offers that go on the table are incredible, if Rory has one good season he could be worth millions to the club.  Is it not worth giving the boy a break and seeing what he can do with some backing for a change rather than the constant abuse. 

If you look down south in terms of youth development, the first thing that is noticed is physique and speed, they look for athletes because the rest of a players game, positioning, composure, finishing etc. can come with good coaching, especially for front men as this is the easiest position to play on the park.  Rory's main problem (and I think this is obvious to everyone) is confidence and no wonder, he just has to have a peak on this forum and it's obvious to see the negativity.

If they are good enough, they are old enough. How old was Wayne Rooney when he first broke into the premiership ? He seems to have gone downhill ever since (no doubt because of some of his off-field antics), but he was a feckin revelation when he first burst onto the scene.

so lets look at Rory .....

Rory has potential, we have heard that from many people so there must be something there.

Most of us realise and have said in various threads over the last few years that DP is an immense judge of youth talent. If Rory was gash in training and gash on the park I am sure that DP would have had a word in Charlie's ear and told him that in his opinion, this was one youth who was not going to realise his potential. But no, Rory still makes the squad and onto the park so CC and DP obviously do see potential in training that doesnt seem to be getting transferred to first team football in the SPL at the moment.

Regardless of how bad the Scotland squad might be, he would not make it into it if he was truly awful.

People were raving about how good Rory played against Celtic and many thought he had 'arrived'. Sadly, in the following games he didnt play anything like as well as he had in that game so the fans have also had a glimpse of that potential albeit a far too brief glimpse.

IMHO. Rory needs a couple of things - consistency and confidence - right now he has neither and although posters have a right to comment on what they think of a players performance, we are not helping him by being so negative.

I have said it on other threads, and I agree with those who have said it on here and elsewhere that I think Rory would benefit from a full season loan to a lower division side (County?, Peterhead? Elgin?) where he can hopefully flourish, start scoring goals and increase both his confidence and his consistency. As I have pointed out in the past, Barry Robson once told me that he did not like it one little bit when he trained in Inverness all week but then went to Forfar at weekends to play for them. However, he came back as a far better and more confident player (although just as gurny) and is now captaining an SPL side. Perhaps Rory should train at ICT during the week and turn out for County at weekends ? it worked for Barry, no reason why it couldnt work for him.

As someone said before, the U-20's must be really ****e.

Considering the u20 squad is the team that got to the european u19 final and will be playing at the under 20 world cup in Canada this summer i don't think there s****

I have seen Rory play superbly in the reserves and don't forget he was our best player against Celtic a few months back.  He does have potential but in common with many young players can't produce it consistently enough.  He is still young and I hope he manages to show what he did against the tims on a regular basis.  he is a regular scorer in our reserves and under 19s as well.

Brewster compared Rory to Garry O'Connor, a player who got real stick from Hibs fans while he was coming through, only to become one of the best Scottish strikers around and be bought for over a million quid.

Guest Schafkopf

Rubbish alex, kenny miller had been scoring for fun and earned a move to rangers by 21 and mcoist had earned a move to the english top flight by 19, so that shows they were doing something right for their clubs (which were both "smaller" clubs like ourself.

Scotty.............Paul McStay has great potential..........

Rory does get a lot of stick, time we all eased off a bit, me included.

Sorry Rory, we were bored and just having a laugh, keep your pecker up, we lubs you really.

Scotty.............Paul McStay has great potential..........

Yeah Paul McStay did have great potential when he was young - a potential world superstar in some people's eyes - and even though he played for many years in the top flight with Celtic many still argue that he never reached the heights expected of him when he wouldnt move down south or to the continent.

I think Rory has potential but is more in the mould of Bavidge than McStay. Bavidge looked the part initially but unfortunately didnt progress beyond a certain level and as we all know he went back to the real world while playing part-time football 'at his level'. Rory is perhaps a victim of the expectation placed upon him and may benefit by taking a step backwards on loan before he can move forwards .... at the end of the day he will find his level, and it would be nice if that could be a consistent scorer for ICT !!! 

Alex is not talking rubbish. Miller did nothing until a successful loan spell at Stenhousemuir.

Rory has been top scorer for the reserves for 3 seasons. Not bad for a 19 year old.

He has scored in the SPL something Dargo, Wyness and Bayne failed to do when given games at that age.

Tokely, Munro, Hastings, Wilson and McBain did not get near the SPL first team at that age. They learnt their trade at a lower level.   

Get him out on loan and stop slagging him.

The under 21 rule is not doing him any favours because Charlie needs him in the squad.