FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nicknames

Guest Schafkopf

Guest Schafkopf

I was reading a bit in the paper about nicknames and why we have them.

It reckons most people have 3. One at work, one at home with mates and the other half will have one for you!!

I mentioned in another post I get called Schafkopf, which is german for sheep, beacuse i grew up on a farm in germany.

I'm not telling you what the missus calls me though  :001:

What do you lot get called and why?

My brother got nicknamed Basil at school after Basil brush as his hair stuck oot,this got shortened to Baz,unfortuneatley when i went to the senior school hismates startedreferring to me as wee Baz........was suggested oor sister would be nae baz.....

Best nickname I ever heard was a lad at a RAF camp in South Wales they called 18 months,he'd lost part of his ear in accident so when asked about the name the reply in broad welsh accent was "coz he's only got a year an a half"

My nickname is Jay, for those who are lazy and can't pronounce the second syllable in "Jamie" but I kinda like it.  Best nickname I've ever heard was in the RAF also, when my mate joined up he was introduced to a guy called "Pilot Light" due to him never going out  :015: