FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

'Inverness hold Niculae talks'

Libero

If he does go to a different team, lets hope CC doesn't reignite his interest in John "Budgie" Stewart.

Budgie in trouble again

Atrocious player.

Didn't he get arrested for a racist attack in Aberdeen a couple of years ago. Something about stamping on a guys head?? Off to investigate...

Recently there was an Aberdeen youth player and a pal who were drunk and beat a guy up on Union Street I think it was. John Stewart certainly not involved there anyway.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he does go to a different team, lets hope CC doesn't reignite his interest in John "Budgie" Stewart.

Budgie in trouble again

Atrocious player.

Didn't he get arrested for a racist attack in Aberdeen a couple of years ago. Something about stamping on a guys head?? Off to investigate...

Recently there was an Aberdeen youth player and a pal who were drunk and beat a guy up on Union Street I think it was. John Stewart certainly not involved there anyway.

Saw him play in a couple of reserve games up here and scored quite a few goals, quite good ones too and had a fairly good scoring record in the reserve league. However, going by the reports that he missed a club function and the fact he was released from Aberdeen for, rumoured to be attitude problems, then i dont think it would be a good idea to pursue signing him. Sounds like he has a very poor attitude to the game and if he cant get a regular game at Falkirk then i sincerely hope we dont try to sign him!

Guest TinCanFan

Bursaspor are Turkish and they are limitted to only 6 non-Turkish players in their squad according to wikipedia page. Are they not yet in the EU? Could be a stumbling block for them signing Niculae as they have a few non-nationals in the squad already. Here's hoping. :024:

Turkey are keen to get into the EU but are not in it yet.

Budgie in trouble again

Atrocious player.

Saw him play in a couple of reserve games up here and scored quite a few goals, quite good ones too and had a fairly good scoring record in the reserve league. However, going by the reports that he missed a club function and the fact he was released from Aberdeen for, rumoured to be attitude problems, then i dont think it would be a good idea to pursue signing him. Sounds like he has a very poor attitude to the game and if he cant get a regular game at Falkirk then i sincerely hope we dont try to sign him!

With RIG on this one, IMO he is mince but if he doesn't cost anything he could be looked at as a backup although I would prefer we look to add quality rather than quantity

Sky Sports running a similar story although what they say is HE WANTS TO JOIN US......

The Romanian striker has expressed a wish to join the SPL club after spending the second half of last season in Germany with Mainz.

So I wonder what happens now??

Guest Big_Vinnie

It's a huge gamble for the club. I think they want to sign him, hope he has a great season then moves on next season for big bucks. Recouping the outlay & making some money.

CC does however listen to the players. One player could have moved this summer to one of a couple of other SPL clubs or a few 1st Divison clubs & made more money than he's getting up here. He stayed here & kept his wage within the current structure as many players have done before him.

You have 20 players within a trusted & tried wage structure & one player on silly money. That's dangerous ground but what CC has to do is decide if its a gamble worth taking.

Edited to say: What happens if other players or the fans don't feel he's pulling his weight? Could backfire big time on the club regardless of who is paying the wages.

You listen to those clowns on Pie and Bovril far too much  :015:

Seriously though, it wouldn't surprise me.  I'm still in two minds about the whole thing and if a deal has been/is done then Niculae will get my full support- however I won't be regreting any "lost opportunity" should the club decide to let this one pass on by.

I am VERY reliably informed that a TWO year sponsorship deal has been put on the table - no guesses who from ? - with the bait that the signing and playing of Niculae will attract the attention of potential Romanian and Eastern European players to the Highlands. It is also a deal to pull in Hagi and Co.

The BIG issue is the reaction of other players to be receiving far inferior wages and whether Niculae will fit into the squad or be a prima donna.

I say FECK AFF.  :020: