FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie to sign 2 year contract extension

Pele_Is_God

aye hes doing a cracking job  :017:

as mentioned on the chatroom today, we only finished 14 points above dunfermline last season, thats only a 5 game difference over the season and we've already lost one game we didnt last season (hungers game).  the dunfermline side who played so well towards the end of last year are now bottom of the irn bru first division, theyre the best relegated side of recent times and their come back is far from guaranteed.  if we go down we stay down, back to forthbank and broadwood every saturday.. its not pretty reading but we're so bloody close.

gretna may save us this time round but season 08-09 is going to be the big one

so charlie boy, the man with the plan, who has been doing so well for us since being promoted from the centenary club...... try not to lose any more eh :017:

Playing Devils advocate now but could the "something wrong with the team" be related to Charlie penning a 2 year extension today.

In fact did Charlie sign a 2 year extension?? I'm surprised this has been offered by the board  so early in the season!

Graham

In fact did Charlie sign a 2 year extension??

A very good question given that Radio Scotland specifically reported that CC would not answer questions on that subject.

Guest kingkojak

the board have always done a great job for the club.  id be suprised if they offered 10cc an extension so early in the season.  or perhaps they were concerned that he may get head hunted :crazy07:

I am unhappy if we have Charlie for another 2 years ON TOP OF his existing contract. Great player :021:, **** manager :020: I firmly beleive he was the cheap option coupled with the board riding their previous gambles by appointing rookie managers

Guest TinCanFan

I am unhappy if we have Charlie for another 2 years ON TOP OF his existing contract. Great player :021:, **** manager :020: I firmly beleive he was the cheap option coupled with the board riding their previous gambles by appointing rookie managers

Who would you have instead?

Two games into a season and the lynch mobs are out in force.

This one man lynch mob was unhappy from the minute CC was installed as manager. So its nothing to do with how many games we are into the season. Its nothing against Charlie, but could see it getting that way!

Guest TinCanFan

I think that CC will the ICT manager for many seasons to come.  Sure, these two games have given poor results but the main thing is that he keeps ICT in the SPL.  Just because he hasn't got ICT into the Champions League doesn't mean he's a bad manager and I think that many people expect far too much from him and a new manager would probably make little or no differnce at all.  

Many people, when critising CC always look at the bad things and seem ignorant of the good things.  He's kept ICT in the SPL, made some good signings and some has had some good results against bigger clubs.  Surely, after only two games with the whole season to come now is not the time to be calling for a new manager.

sadly ive been very vocal about my lack of confidence in christie from the moment brewster left, its not something i enjoy

alex if there is clearly a problem after 2 games then who benefits from dragging out the 'give him times'/'its only 7 games into the season'/'the just had an off day' ballochs we always read on here?

i dont know what going to happen, we may have him for a further 2 years from the end of his contract by the sounds of things, so there may be no point to this

alternative managers?  owen coyle? pele+cooper? ian mcall? rowan 'im a mad b@stard' alexander?  ive no idea who would even want the job atm

Jeez, some of the talk is as if we are about to go bust and are relegated for sure.  Two games, one against a Rangers side that look good, and the second was a good performance and we got unlucky.

Come back in 6 months when we are bottom by miles and complain.  But I guess if Charlie get's fired you will come back with a 'I told you so'

Guest WynessLegend

Although I never felt the appointment of 10CC was a good or amibitious move I will give him support.

However, he needs to learn from his mistakes.

Three notable ones already this season:

1. Public criticism of his players after defeat. A good manager shoulders responsibility.

2. Speaking when he shouldn't. I am tiring already of Christie telling the press that a new central defender will be with us in a few days (before Saturdays game, imminently.....etc). Keep the mouth shut until there is actually something to talk about.

3. Rory McAllister

................ and if there was a fourth one it would be to do with tactics (oh, yes, and fitness, and pre-season preparation)

Let's forget all thoughts of top six - and support the team through a sixpointer relegation battle next weekend!

thats a bad guess, ive never once said 'i told you so'.  dont put words in my mouth  :018:

Re: The Stress of Management on: July 13, 2007, 10:36:09 PM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...also assured that i was right in saying he wasnt up to the job last season."

That looks like 'I told you so'.  :024: