FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Congratulations Rory............................

Alex MacLeod

Number of starts this season - 2

Dont think so. Maybe one day people will admit they were wrong in their assessment of the lad. Brewster and CVhristie seen something in the lad. The Scotland coaches see something in the lad.

As I've said elsewhere, Rory is rated far more by professional coaches than he is by his own fans.  I'm probably "on the fence" with regards to the lads ability and whether I think he'll break through to become a first team regular, but as Alex said....someone see's something in the lad, and maybe Billy Stark is on to something with selecting him for the midfield.

Just a pity the game is midweek and at the furthest away SPL Stadium or I might have been tempted to make the trip.

Also good to see that the team isn't as dominated by OF youngsters as we're used to seeing.

Yep, well done Rory.

To those that refuse to see his potential, please remember his age. When Barry Robson was a similar age he was getting dogs abuse from us for not being good enough (for the 2nd division!!!) and eventually went on loan to Forfar. 8 years later he's worth a ?million+, scoring against Barcelona in the CL and scoring the winner in an OF game!

Patience from the fans would help Rory's confidence and development no end.

Unlike most posts about Rory I guess I am one of the few fans who still has total belief in Rory getting to the top. As the comedian says 'he's just a puppy'. Most people succeed in the face of adversity and I strongly believe Rory will succeed. Far from the regular posts about him I see him stepping up to the Scotland squad around some very talented players. Many of these will drift into obscurity but I believe at some stage Rory will take off and become not just a local hero but one eventually on a much bigger stage. It would be great to prove our fickle supporters wrong.

Maybe one day people will admit they were wrong in their assessment of the lad.

How are people "wrong" about Rory Alex?

I see plenty of gusto and effort from Rory, but Im yet to see any natural ability.

Agree competely.

Rory does not appear to have the required pace or movement - I think he does show the ability at times but I am surprised at his inclusion.

But isnt it strange that our two "internationalists" are Rory and Marius and that many of us are puzzled by their inclusions - on the grounds of performances.  :024:

Rory does not appear to have the required pace or movement - I think he does show the ability at times but I am surprised at his inclusion.

But isnt it strange that our two "internationalists" are Rory and Marius and that many of us are puzzled by their inclusions - on the grounds of performances.  :024:

Richard Hastings may have something to say about that...

I know I said on another thread that it was my last dig at Marius...but I can't help myself as I'm obsessed

I know I said on another thread that it was my last dig at Marius...but I can't help myself as I'm obsessed

That wasnt a dig. Do you think that their levels of performance has merited the call ups ?

That wasnt a dig. Do you think that their levels of performance has merited the call ups ?

Now where did I put that fishing Smiley?  :blah01:

Seriously though.....in the case of Rory, I think his performance in the reserves more than warrants his call up to the U21 Squad.  Had he been getting a call up to the Scotland first team then I would perhaps be questioning it.  Without going through each player individually I'd imagine there's a fair few in there who are not regular starters for their respective clubs.

As for Marius....I think the Romanian Coaches perhaps realise that in the right system then Marius is worthy of inclusion...and as you've said yourself, not playing him in the right system has hindered his club performance this season.  I don't think he should be rejected from a National call-up on the basis that his clubs manager hasn't clicked to the fact that he needs to be playing as far forward as possible and off the last man.  Would you expect or be happy to lose out on a promotion because your line manager wasn't making best use of you in your current position, or would you want to be seen as someone who had talents which weren't being fully utilised and give you the chance?

Speaking as a Caley fan this is great news, but a Scotland fan i find it a bit worrying.

We haven't produced a top class striker in since i've been watching Scotland (since 1990) and this batch don't look like changing that. Last November, i watched the under 21's destroy Lithuania at Easter Road with a really exciting front three of McCormack, Fletcher and Naismith. I really hope these three manage to build on the promise they have shown because there isn't much to get excited about in the forward line picked for this squad, least of all Rory, who may yet have a contribution to make to ICT, but certainly doesn't look like a future Scotland cap. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the U21 team were thrashed 1-4 by Norway at Rugby park yesterday. Elliot sent off after Scots wen 0-2 down.  Rory was introduced after 87 minutes.  Scott Cuthbert made it 1-2 but Norway strolled on and won convincingly.

BBC link to report