FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

Also .... arent you breaking your own rule and making an ill-informed attack on Dinamo and Niculae ?

I think "perhaps lends credence to the theory that..." is sufficiently non-accusatory!

With ICT claiming that no fee had been agreed or money received then Dinamo were, IMO, quite within their rights to publish the documents they did.

They published them before anyone had claimed anything! Until that point, details of the negotiations were quite rightly being conducted in private.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With ICT claiming that no fee had been agreed or money received then Dinamo were, IMO, quite within their rights to publish the documents they did.

They published them before anyone had claimed anything! Until that point, details of the negotiations were quite rightly being conducted in private.

Not the case at all.  It perhaps took a day or so to hit the papers over here, but the press had been badgering Dinamo...hence the reason they put in their statement that it was to satisfy press speculation (or something to that effect).

Some heavy comments on here--mostly from the barrack-room lawyers--you know, the ones who do most of the hot air barracking. :003:

Sack the Board--what for?

No one YET has mentioned or PROVED anything concrete done, or even thought of, by the Board that is utterly stupid or bad or incorrect or unlawful .

What about sacking the club's lawyer(s) instead?

After all, if the Board are so awful and incompetent that they should be sacked don't you think that the lawyer who drew up the Agreement, advised ICT on the contents and sent it on to Romania is a teeny weeny bit to blame. Is he or she just as incompetent --or more so?

Oh.......they didn't use a lawyer? Ohhhhhhhh--- I never thought of that ..I mean the sum of money is so small , just a trifle, why bother with a lawyer to transact the most important transfer in the history of the club?

Can someone please advise me whether ICT used a LAWYER to effect, supervise and advise on this transaction and it's legalities? Because that's the key. If they did and the Lawyer screwed up then the Board is blameless are they not? :023:

Just been on MFR saying that ICT sent Dinamo a fax last night saying they have till 3pm today for Marius to agree to waive his fee or they will be sending the cash back.

If ICT did have this agreement with Marius then they should have had it down on paper. Saying that he said this, they said that is like being back in school and it's a bit pathetic that both teams are resorting to it. I'd imagine Marius will be pretty well off from this deal so I can see him waiving it to sign for Dinamo.

What a saga this has been!

Just im clear on things the story seems to be.

1. ICT trying to flog Marius Niculae

2. Several clubs make bids but all are deemed unsatisfactory. Marius is told this as he has a verbal agreement in place that if the club get an acceptable offer he can talk to the said club and ICT wish to keep him informed.

3. After getting married, Marius asks for some leave to get some 'personal stuff' back home sorted.

4. German team begining with a K in 2nd tier make an acceptable bid of around ?500,000. Marius is allowed to talk to them and has written in contract to get 20% of fee (in this case ?100k). He rejects

5.a)Marius has self negotiated without agents assistance a 4 year contract with Dinamo Bucharest while he was in Romania on "Personal Business"

b) Inverness accept a reduced fee of ?500k (?400k roughly) for Niculae. A condition of this however if we accept only ?400,000 he WILL have to waive his 20%.

It appears the club wanted minimum of ?400k after Nic had got his share so we did him a favour by accepting a lower bid if he waived his fee. It was agreed verbally as he was in Romania at the time. The previous minimal bid the club would accept was ?500k so to get ?400k minimum after payments.

6. Inverness withhold registration until Niculae agrees to forfeit his 20% giving a Friday 3pm deadline. If NOT met then they will return funds to Dinamo and expect Niculae to return to Scotland to see out his contract or agree a deal at another club.

IF Marius Niculae fails to turn up he will be considered AWOL and in breach of contract. In this case he will be hunted down and hung till he is dead dead DEAD. May the lord have mercy on his soul. Or reported to fifa. Again may the Lord have mercy on his soul.  

Have i got everything?

Saying that he said this, they said that is like being back in school and it's a bit pathetic that both teams are resorting to it.
of Niculaes Representative.

It gets better RiG....Grassa was on MFR slagging of Niculaes representative and basically saying he didn't know what he was doing.

It'll be a case of "My Brother is bigger than your brother and he knows 3 forms of Marshall Arts and will kick your head in" next.

It gets better RiG....Grassa was on MFR slagging of Niculaes representative and basically saying he didn't know what he was doing.

It'll be a case of "My Brother is bigger than your brother and he knows 3 forms of Marshall Arts and will kick your head in" next.

I have really gone off Bennet the last couple of seasons. In fact I find myself really disliking the guy to be honest. This latest episode shows just how poorly run we are off the field*. We have a lot of catching up to do.

*If the Nicuale saga is in fact due to us being complicated and chancing our arm and Dinamo being above board.

Guest birdog

The Herald slant

"Marius was a very important player for them and the supporters are struggling to accept his departure.

"Nicolas is our player. We have contacted the Romanian FA and also UEFA to get his clearance."

This is the paragraph I'd like clarity on

Dinamo Bucharest offered ?400,000 to Inverness to sign the Romanian internationalist but Inverness are refusing to sign his release until they have received the transfer fee from Bucharest.

Well according to Caley D...

Just been on MFR saying that ICT sent Dinamo a fax last night saying they have till 3pm today for Marius to agree to waive his fee or they will be sending the cash back.

So ti would seem that ICT have the cash but they are witholding the registration papers for Marius until he waives the fee. Until he agrees to waive this Dinamo don't get the papers. They had till 3pm to get Marius to waive the fee or the money would be sent back.

If true it would appear that ICT do have the money. Then again it's quite likely to be even more twisted stories about this saga.

This whole thing is very confusing

Dinamo signed him on a 4 year deal and showed paperwork that seemed to support that including letters from ICT and copies of a wire transfer that may or may not have had a UK bank stamp on them. The fee looked to be 500,000 Euros and there was a holdback of 5% which we assume was the FIFA fee to be distributed to former clubs that CaleyD discovered on their site.

ICT for their part have said contradicting things .....

26/07/08: ?A fee has been agreed and we are just sorting out the paperwork. It is a straight deal although Marius is entitled to a percentage of it. It represents a good deal for the club and the player."

28/07/08: "Inverness have warned that Marius Niculae's transfer to Dinamo Bucharest will only be completed if the player waives his right to a cut of the fee. The Romanians have sent 475,000 euros to Inverness, but the club will not sanction the move until Niculae waives his right to a cut of the fee."

29/07/08: ?A fee has been agreed on the basis of certain agreements with both Marius Niculae and Dinamo Bucharest. The money is not in the bank yet and these things do not happen overnight."

31/07/08: MFR reports that ICT sent Dinamo a fax last night saying they have till 3pm today for Marius to agree to waive his fee or they will be sending the cash back.

and today .... the news gets worse

Dinamo Bucharest have reported Inverness Caledonian Thistle to UEFA for not releasing Marius Niculae after the striker agreed a four-year contract with the Romanian club. Dinamo Bucharest offered ?400,000 to Inverness to sign the Romanian internationalist but Inverness are refusing to sign his release until they have received the transfer fee from Bucharest.

One thing that possibly has a ring of truth to it actually comes from the Highland News .....

"The Highlanders seemed certain to accept a ?500,000 offer from German club Kaiserslautern. but Niculae made it clear in a meeting with Caley Thistle chairman George Fraser and director of football Graeme Bennett that he wanted to go back to Dinamo. Caley Thistle were concerned by the offer made by the Romanian club believed to be ?380,000 and claim Niculae offered to give up his personal fee of around ?50,000 to clinch his dream move home."

If that is true then the player should by rights do that ... but as has been said throughout this thread ... if its not on paper then its not worth that piece of paper its not written on !!!!