FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hello! I'm new.

Guest RebelArmy789

Guest RebelArmy789

Hello everybody!

So here's the deal...my Scottish side of the family is from the Highlands (the Campbell Clan) so I figured that for a football team, they would've liked Inverness. Thus, I am an Inverness fan. They are my second favorite team under Cork City from Ireland, where my Irish side is from. So I don't have to waste any more space with new threads...I was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on ICT. Best players, rivals, where we might finish in the league, and any other interesting facts about ICT.

I look forward to learning more about this club and talking football with you all.

Matt from the USA

Hello everybody!

So here's the deal...my Scottish side of the family is from the Highlands (the Campbell Clan) so I figured that for a football team, they would've liked Inverness. Thus, I am an Inverness fan. They are my second favorite team under Cork City from Ireland, where my Irish side is from. So I don't have to waste any more space with new threads...I was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on ICT. Best players, rivals, where we might finish in the league, and any other interesting facts about ICT.

I look forward to learning more about this club and talking football with you all.

Matt from the USA

Might want to change your username there "Rebel789" ;)

Here's the real deal, if you're forebears were Campbells they would have originated from the southern west area of what is now known as the highlands. They had a history of skirmishes with the MacDonalds one of which is famously known as "Massacre of Glencoe" where they visitted the camp of the MacDonalds and murdered them all as they slept. They were loyal to the landowners in the south of Scotland joining Government troops to quell the '45 rebellion.

In that case Rangers would be the club of choice for them. :thumb04:

Also if your "other half" originated from Cork, I'd suggest Celtic would be their first choice. :rotflmao:

So there you have it Rangers and Celtic to choose from but hang on they are both supported by neanderthal knuckle draggers who can't string a sentence together let alone understand that you don't support one their teams. The mentality is that if you're not one of us you're one of them. :lol:

Just joshing with you, welcome. :018:

If you want to add your financial support make cheques payable to CASH Caley's Auld Supporter (rest) Home.

Hello new 'un!

my second favorite team

Give it a wee while and we'll fix that for you! :thumb04:

If some weird chap named Immortal Highland Bender (or something along those lines :rotflmao: ) comes along and starts givin you a hard time don't worry - he does that with all the new folk. Best course of action is to tell him to **** aff. Then he'll like you!

Welcome to the ups and downs of supporting SUPER CALEY!!

Edited by KingBeastie

Matt

Welcome, rather than us bore you with facts etc etc, i would recommend navigating yourself around this site and the official website for all the historical info you need.

As for rivals....Well some may say Aberdeen are our biggest SPL rival, but they will never be a bigger rival for me than Ross County, who happliy lay waste in the 1st Division.

hope one day you can make your way over for a game at the Tulloch Stadium

Heroes include Dennis Wyness who is the clubs all time top goal scorer and Ian Stewart who held record before him.

Ross Tokely who has been at the club from the beginning of the adventure. Barry Wilson who has dazzled on the wings for many a year

Managers include Charlie Christie who is a Inverness man born and bred and remained loyal to the club and works in the backroom staff now after a period as the manager/head coach. He was a star player for the Caledonian side of the club in the Highland league and played right through for ICT till the 1st division. Scoring on his finale for the team!

Steve Paterson who took us from the 3rd to the 1st division as head coach with the team playing wonderfully attractive footie and scoring goals for fun before parting ways. He left us in good nick though with a talented squad.

John Robertson who took over from Paterson. He gave us the consistency we required to win the league in his 1st full season. He was a Hearts (Edinburgh team) legend who returned there as the club was close to his heart.

Other fans favourites include Grant Munro a centre half who has risen through the youth ranks to become captain and Richard Hastings the left back who got the name tricky dicky when he joined us as a young 17 year old from Canada.

Former stars include

Darren Dods who was a rock at the back and threat going forward and captain for 2 years.

Bobby (Bloaby) Mann - big burley no nonsense centre half who captained us in the 1st divsion.

Davide Xuasa - A player with great technique and eye for goal although much critisised for workrate and joining 1st divison rivals Livingston ( a team from the west of Edinburgh who we battled with through the divisions. Also a new team so fans rivals)

Barry Robson who was a cut above anyone in the 1st division and is now a Celtic regular and Scotland International. Many fans are proud to think that we made him and gave him his chance after Rangers turfed him out. Was a moody wee so and so though.

There are others but i'll leave that to others.

Current stars include Ross Tokely,Richard Hastings, Grant Munro, Don Cowie, Ian Black, Mike Fraser, Roy McBain, Dougie Imrie and Russell Duncan(at times)

Look out for Andy Barrowman who is a new star up front in the making. Scored on compeditive debut!

Iain Vigurs, Dale Gillespie, Jamie Duff, Rory MacAllister, Gary Wood and Zander Sutherland are all potential future stars.

Our Manager is Craig Brewster who returned after being at Dundee Utd and playing for Aberdeen. Was still playing and scoring at 40 till his shoulder packed in.

Guest RebelArmy789

Thanks everyone for the info./Scottish history. No way in hell will I ever support the Rangers. Maybe I'll just drop the family thing and say I like Inverness because I like Inverness. Thanks again.

Only if he feckin behaves himself. Any **** from Cork is dodgy in ma book but I am impressed that he appears literate. It may make him feel more at home if he knows that we have an IRA bastion in the town - Inverness Royal Academy.

How any **** could be linked with the feckin Cellic is beyond me - and if I am wrong about him I will get a Fenian tattoo.