FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No red cards for Blackie

Alex MacLeod

Always seen Black as a little like Robson. Bags of ability but sometimes let down by his temperement. Obviously you do have to be competitive and I agree with his comments. Hopefully he'll keep the bit but remove stupid bookings from his game and he'll be able to truly reach his potential.

I blame his parents, a few more hot erses for back chatting when he was growing up and he wouldn't have this problem :rotflmao:

Seriously though, I don't mind so much if a player gets a card for playing hard and making tough challenges, and if he's picking up the odd card for that then you can live with it. If he can cut out the bookings for the silly things like arguing and giving the ref attitude then that's progress.

I think he went a long way towards doing that at the end of last season, but it's going to remain tough for him as he has a bit of a reputation with the Refs and the slightest hint at anything will draw their attention. He needs to stick in there and not let it get to him if it does happen...he'll come out the other side far better for it.