FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract talks

Alex MacLeod

I know Munros nephew and he said to me that Grant is a pretty much a done deal. Now it's juts Mike and Blackie to go. :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

i know that vigurs, sutherland, wood and kerr's contracts are up at the end of this season, maybe not priority but need to get these guys signed too...especially vigurs and wood i say.

Brew said in one of the papers that those who had been given a one year contract still had a lot to prove so don't expect contract talks to start this year.

Sorry people but I didn't start this thread so you can slag of Mike Fraser. IMO he's as good as the majority of SPL keepers and is doing very well for his age. Most keepers don't reach there true potential till they're nearer 30 than 20.

Quite bizarre really :rotflmao:

Fraser is doing fine. not the best at coming for cross balls but his stop stopping is outstanding. Of course there was also that save against Celtic last season.

Good news RE: Munro. Get Black and Cowie (:thumb04:) signed up please :018:

With Celtic signing the american keeper Dominic Cervi to be no.2 keeper me wonders what Mark Brown has in his future plans. Maybe Brewster should head south with a contract in hand.

didnt he say that Cervi was a 2 year project in terms of development .... you could be right there then as that would take it up to about Mark Brown's renewal time !

The one position which concerns me least at the moment is Goalkeeper. Yeah, Fraser has made his mistakes, but he's also saved our bacon on far more occasions than he's cost us. We also have a very capable keeper in Esson who will be desperate to get his chance if Fraser should be rested for whatever reason.

I wouldn't be busting a gut to go after Brown or anyone else and would be concentrating money and effort on tying up players like Black on deals that will continue to reward them for their efforts and keep them here for a couple of years yet...if not longer. We'll have a bit extra to play with when the new Setanta deal kicks in, and perhaps the club could look to offer deals which are heavy at the back end (there's a term for it that I can't quite remember) to entice them to stay.

With Celtic signing the american keeper Dominic Cervi to be no.2 keeper me wonders what Mark Brown has in his future plans. Maybe Brewster should head south with a contract in hand.

As amazing as that would be, Brewster never rated Mark Brown and tried too offload him for Langfield - when he played for Dunfermline. Brown #1 and fraser his back up would be amazing although I think Esson is better. Having a Higland lad in the squad is great.

personally, I would be happy to tie up the aforementioned players (including IKE) on long term deals. Those from the area such as Granty and Ike are probably going to be easier to deal with but its equally important to try and sit down and talk with the likes of Black, Cowie, and any other players - such as the young lads - that should be forming the nucleus of our team for a few years to come.

At the end of the day, the club can offer what it can offer, we all know that other clubs can offer more if they want to, so we just have to hope that players do receive a decent contract proposal from the club which they think is a realistic wage for what they are doing and sign it. We might lose some players who refuse to sign, but if the club have made them the best offer they can then I wont complain (too much).

i know that vigurs, sutherland, wood and kerr's contracts are up at the end of this season, maybe not priority but need to get these guys signed too...especially vigurs and wood i say.

Brew said in one of the papers that those who had been given a one year contract still had a lot to prove so don't expect contract talks to start this year.

yeah i think he said that at the beginning of the season, however, it must be considered soon, as wood and especially vigurs is starting almost every game. it would suck if we were to miss out on keeping future prospects just because the club didn't let them know were they stood.

Edited by CaleyP

• 2 weeks later...

What about Barry Wilson ? I know he struggles vto play 90 minutes these days but surely he's done enough to justify extending his contract to the end of the season thus allowing him to see out his career with the club.

Barry knows that if he keeps doing what he's doing he'll get another six months.

IAN BLACK in this weeks Courier