FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Falkirk

davieB

A great chance for us to climb the table on Weds, so will it be the same again, or will we see any changes?

I'd stick pretty much to Saturdays team (with a couple of changes), and deny Falkirk any room in midfield. Stop them doing all that tippy tappy ***** and give them no time on the ball.

Esson

Tokely Munro Duff McBain

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs Imrie

Rooney

We are at home mun......two up front PLEASE!!

--------------Esson--------------

Tokely--Duff----Munro--McBain

-------------Duncan--------------

--Cowie------Black-------Vigurs--

------Rooney-------Imrie---

Edited by SMEE

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

A great chance for us to climb the table on Weds, so will it be the same again, or will we see any changes?

I'd stick pretty much to Saturdays team (with a couple of changes), and deny Falkirk any room in midfield. Stop them doing all that tippy tappy ***** and give them no time on the ball.

Esson

Tokely Munro Duff McBain

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs Imrie

Rooney

esson

tokely munro duff mcbain

duncan

cowie black imrie

viguirs

rooney

The success of yesterday's lineup and formation brings some problems...

Does Brew stick with the same lineup and team who performed so well? Or go for a 4-4-2 to attack? If he does go with 2 up front who does he drop?

Either way I think he'll get stick from some fans for either changing the team or sticking with the same one.

-------------------------------Esson-------------------------------------

--------------Proctor-----------Duff--------------Munro------------------

--------------------------------Black-------------------------------------

----Wilson---------------------Cowie------------------------Imrie---------

-----------------Wood--------Barrowman-------Rooney--------------------

Subs: Fraser, McBain, Vigurs, Tokely, Djebi-Zadi, Duncan, Hastings

Guest ict1994

esson

tokely munro duff tokely

cowie black duncan imrie

rooney wood

i think we should definetley go for 2 up front as gainsy hibs wood had 2 much work to do on his own i felt

esson

tokely munro duff tokely

cowie black duncan imrie

rooney wood

i think we should definetley go for 2 up front as gainsy hibs wood had 2 much work to do on his own i felt

I think we sometimes wish we had 2 Tokelys but don't think its possible :rotflmao: Plus I would have Vigurs starting indefinitely! He was class against Hibs!

As I have alluded to before - we DONT have a striker capable of running the line by themselves. The selection will be very interesting - I suspect that Brew will stick by the Easter Road team cos his job is on the line - me I would put:

ESSON

PROCTOR DUFF MUNRO MCBAIN

COWIE BLACK DUNCAN VIGURS IMRIE

ROONEY

If Brew survives fer much longer this will be the line up.

Lose Duncan, put Wilson on the right, Black in the Middle and Imrie on the left then have Vigurs and Cowie playing just in front of that to support the striker and/or bolster midfield as necessary.

This allows us to exploit the width of the pitch with wide players (please play them on their natural side too) and play to our strengths....which mostly come from midfield at the moment.

As much as I would like to see 2 up front I don't think we have a pairing that has proven itself in the position, especially at home, and even when we have gone 2 at the front we inevitably end up with one of them dropping so deep they aren't effective as a forward.

If we are going 4-4-2 then it would need to be Cowie, Black, Vigurs and Imrie in the midfield for me with Wood and Rooney up front.....but I think that would hinder Vigurs creative forward moves and leave Black with far too much space to cover when he did.

I don't buy the whole "we're at home, therefore we must play two up and go on the offensive" malarkey at all. Falkirk never come up here and stick 10 men behind the ball, they'll come up to win, either with 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. If we put 5 across the middle we can get in amongst them and stop them making pretty patterns with the ball in the midfield area.

Of course, as has been traditional in recent seasons against Falkirk, if Latapy comes on, we're pretty much screwed regardless. He always seems to cut us to ribbons.

I think that the starting 11 for us will be the same, unless Wood is knackered after his exertions at Easter Road - could see someone else leading the line instead then

I don't buy the whole "we're at home, therefore we must play two up and go on the offensive" malarkey at all. Falkirk never come up here and stick 10 men behind the ball, they'll come up to win, either with 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. If we put 5 across the middle we can get in amongst them and stop them making pretty patterns with the ball in the midfield area.

Of course, as has been traditional in recent seasons against Falkirk, if Latapy comes on, we're pretty much screwed regardless. He always seems to cut us to ribbons.

I think that the starting 11 for us will be the same, unless Wood is knackered after his exertions at Easter Road - could see someone else leading the line instead then

The past 2 games, we have been 4-5-1 however its not really worked as Steve Lovell looks uneasy up on his own.

I see Falkirk 4-3-3.

PS Latapy coming on is rare these days and when he does hes not done much.

Flinders

McNamara

Barr

Aafjes

Holden

O`Brien

Arfield

McBride

McCann

Lovell

Higdon

The past 2 games, we have been 4-5-1 however its not really worked as Steve Lovell looks uneasy up on his own.

I see Falkirk 4-3-3.

PS Latapy coming on is rare these days and when he does hes not done much.

Flinders

McNamara

Barr

Aafjes

Holden

O`Brien

Arfield

McBride

McCann

Lovell

Higdon

Well that is a 4-4-2 as McCann is a bit of a luxury and will drift in between - but even more evidence that we should play 4-5-1.

Thanks Yogi. :rotflmao:

-------------- Esson ------------

Tokely - Munro - Duff - Proctor

------- Duncan -- Vigurs --------

-- Cowie ---- Black ---- Imrie --

-------------- Wood -------------

Woody was a bit stranded Saturday, but was troublesome enough that I think with a slightly more attacking midfield arrangement, he could handle it alone up front. But if he doesn't perform, I'd like to see a sub before the last ten minutes of the match so another striker can get warm out there before the whistle blows this time.

- Esson -

Tokely - Duff - Munro - McBain/Hastings

Proctor - Black - Vigurs - Imrie

- Cowie -

-Rooney-

Subs

Fraser

Maguire

Wilson (on 72min IF 0-0 or worse for Proctor)

Duncan (on last 10 IF 2-0 up for Cowie/Vigurs)

Barrowman (On last 15-20 IF losing for midfielder)

Wood

Z Sutherland (on if cruising 3-0 +)*

*unlikely

Can i have the job now please?

------------Esson------------

Proctor Duff Munro McBain

Cowie Black Vigurs Imrie

-------Rooney Wood--------

Playing 4-5-1 at home is suicide.

Chelsea did it reuguarly under Mourinho.

I'm not suggesting that we should, just pointing out that it can be done to great effect.

Playing a 4-5-1 at home is fine as long as you have enough attacking support from the midfield. Thats why i'd play Black Vigur and Cowie. Imrie on the left, Proctor right which allows Tokely to get forward and get crosses in whilst being covered by someone who can defend naturally. Cowie should be allowed to roam from wide right attacking mid to just behind the forward to compacting the middle when needs be.

Allow Black and Vigurs to pull the midfield strings and get Imrie up the left at any opportunity to support the striker.

Play McBain as Hastings is not impressing.

Play Rooney as he is a more potent threat than Wood.

Playing a 4-5-1 at home is fine as long as you have enough attacking support from the midfield. Thats why i'd play Black Vigur and Cowie. Imrie on the left, Proctor right which allows Tokely to get forward and get crosses in whilst being covered by someone who can defend naturally. Cowie should be allowed to roam from wide right attacking mid to just behind the forward to compacting the middle when needs be.

Allow Black and Vigurs to pull the midfield strings and get Imrie up the left at any opportunity to support the striker.

Play McBain as Hastings is not impressing.

Play Rooney as he is a more potent threat than Wood.

yeah i agree with that.