FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

You are my Imrie... my Dougie Imrie

Harry Chibber

Although he did give away a penalty in the dying minutes against Killie.. IMO he has offered far more good than bad to the team this season and is quickly becoming my favourite player in an ICT shirt

He has offered the link between the forwards and midfield we were missing last season and has created and scored a wedge of our goals so far. I think Brew has made an astute signing and here's hoping he continues as he has started the season :rotflmao:

Edited by Harry Chibber

Although he did give away a penalty in the dying minutes against Killie.. IMO he has offered far more good than bad to the team this season and is quickly becoming my favourite player in an ICT shirt

He has offered the link between the forwards and midfield we were missing last season and has created and scored a wedge of our goals so far. I think Brew has made an astute signing and here's hoping he continues as he has started the season :rotflmao:

He has been a good signing, I think he still needs to work a bit on his final ball but has the makings of a very good ICT player

I think he has the makings of a great wee player. Find myself infuriated at times watching him make a great run down the line, beating 2 or 3 players and then either fluffing his cross or freezing like a deer in the headlights instead of skinning his last man.

Can't fault his work ethic though, run's himself ragged round the park.

Imrie is one of those players with the potential to be a future ICT "Legend" in the same mould as Rosscoe.

He is not the best player in the world, but he is as determined as ****. That can also be evidenced by his career progression over the last few years ... juniors to SPL in a very short time. He takes a lot of that determination and hunger onto the pitch and ICT fans will back any player who gives it 100%

I am going to say something positive about Brewster now so those that need to, please sit down !!! When I was over in April, I enjoyed the ICT 3-0 Killie game. Dougie was still blending into the team and I was very impressed with Brewster's handling of him in that game. The pressures were similar to the ones we have now (hadnt won at home all year except against Gretna) and Brewster spent a lot of time during that game cajoling a performance out of Dougie, telling him where to position himelf, and generally encouraging him to perform. that was the game where he scored his first goal and his determined performance was a big factor in the victory .... so fair play to Imrie and in that game at least, fair play to Brew !!!!

I must admit I had great reservations about Imrie but he has proved me well wrong, the penalty incident was stupidity but hopefully he has learned his lesson. I think he has the potential to be one of our best ever signings the lad has done well given the legnth of time since he moved up from junior football. Yet another of my disaterous judgements on our signings, lets hope Barrow-boy gets a move on to show me up as the useless judge of footballers that I really am too.

Wow - would have to agree with everything said on this thread - what a pity we didnt play him more on the left.

Yup

Don't agree with this idea that Imrie isn't that good technically, I think its more that he's adapting to the SPL and trying to find some consistency.

Wow - would have to agree with everything said on this thread - what a pity we didnt play him more on the left.

Yup

Don't agree with this idea that Imrie isn't that good technically, I think its more that he's adapting to the SPL and trying to find some consistency.

Yeh, have to say I think Imrie is possibly one of our most technical players... IMO he is a very raw talent and there is still the best to come from him. I'm sure Wilson will keep him right because in my eyes they are both cut from the same mould

I think Imrie has the clear potential to be a top player but he is terribly inconsistent.

He has shown clear signs of what he can produce on a good day, free kicks, good crossing and a never say die attitude. I also like it when he plays up front with Barrowman, i think those 2 have a good understanding.

He does have his flaws though, such as his decision making and he can also be very greedy with the ball. But the more he plays i think the better he can get.

He can be really infuriating at times, and he still blows hot and cold for me. In saying that though.....I thought he was mince when he first arrived, but he seems to be improving very quickly (I obviously appreciate the massive step up he initially made).

I do love his 110% commitment as well, and I agree, he could turn out to be a very, very good signing for us.

i wasn't sure about dougie at first, but over the last month or two he has changed my opinion about him...i wasn't sure if he was spl quality but he seems to be getting grips with it now...not sure he'll be a great player but a good one yes with more consistancy. i would agree and say he has more heart than actual ability...he's your typical traditional scottish player and there is nothing wrong with that.

i wasn't sure about dougie at first, but over the last month or two he has changed my opinion about him...i wasn't sure if he was spl quality but he seems to be getting grips with it now...not sure he'll be a great player but a good one yes with more consistancy. i would agree and say he has more heart than actual ability...he's your typical traditional scottish player and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think that, as well as heart, he may have much more ability than many of us believed when he first arrived.