FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap.... Robbo till the end of the season, then advertise the post....

Birdog - I think I'm falling in love with you.... :rotflmao:

Aw that's sweet, I take it we are freinds again now :thumb04:

Guest Murdock

I would rather an experienced manager who had not left us for a bigger club in the past. However, as Robbo got us promoted and did a great job at the club, seems to have a loyalty to us despite not being connected to the club at the moment, and we need someone in asap, I have to agree that this could be a good move.

Also saves cash on compensation to another club.

its the sensible option, but lets see if the board see sense

Well, based on their recent performances, it might take a couple of months.

I wonder does Steven Pressley still think he made the right decision? :rotflmao:

He may well have done if he had a release clause entered into his contract.

No to Robertson.

The club needs a fresh start and some new blood

What's wrong with Robbo till the end of the season, then think about a fresh start and some new blood?

There just isn't time for a protracted interview/selection/appointment process at this moment.

Robbo could start work tomorrow...

I really dont want to see us go for someone who has already been here regardless of how succesfull they were, we did it with Craig Brewster and it went horribly wrong, i would rather see a fresh start...but we need somone ASAP were not in a position for messing about now

Ok lets see who we all want to take over as boss. Robbo will no doubt be a favourite with a lot of fans and as he is not presently a boss would be available. I dont have a preference myself and will wait and see who the board come up with. Try and keep it sensible meaning getting someone we can afford and who might come up to Sneck for a few pounds

Robbo would be my first choice but if Pressley has a clause written into his Falkirk contract allowing him to leave for a manager's position then that would be a good option too.

I don't know if I would want Robbo back, given what happened taking Brew back. I heard whispers a while back about Terry Butcher as manager, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Duffy has a clause in his contract at Brechin. I really don't care, just as long as we get someone with experience, who can steer us out of this mess.

I thought this topic would surface befor now. However...my tuppence worth is...who ever is brought in...may well be on a 6 month contract to see the lye of the land after that time.

I would like to see a PROVEN manager brought in. I have nothing against Robbo....but, for me, he has had his turn and we have been the guinea pig for enuff rookie managers. Lets try a different approach