FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Relegation: A 2 Horse Race?

RiG

ICTs Relegation Battle  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is the relegation battle now a two horse race?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Can ICT avoid the drop to SFL1?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No and Yes. St Mirren have had a few good results around Christmas, but we did the same last season. They could have a bad run. Kilmarnock are on a shocking run at home and could get into the same rut they were in towards the end of last season. Falkirk look fragile and there is similar unrest (although as bad) around John Hughes as there was around Craig Brewster a few weeks ago. Hamilton look to have cracked it but again, a couple of bad results and they might really struggle again.

Guest kennethhenry

At the moment it most certainly IS two horse race between us and Falkirk. We are the two worst sides in the league so far. We can turn it round though but we need to start getting wins and we need them swiftly to get pressure on teams ahead of us. Most of the teams in the pack have managed to string a good run of wins together this season. Hamilton have done it recently/are doing it. Motherwell have done it, St.Mirren have done it and Killie had a good run at the start of the season. So far Falkirk and ourselves have struggled to get any sort of string of decent results together.

The more teams we can drag into this the better, but we need to get the finger out or we are going down.

Guest kennethhenry

No and Yes. St Mirren have had a few good results around Christmas, but we did the same last season. They could have a bad run. Kilmarnock are on a shocking run at home and could get into the same rut they were in towards the end of last season. Falkirk look fragile and there is similar unrest (although as bad) around John Hughes as there was around Craig Brewster a few weeks ago. Hamilton look to have cracked it but again, a couple of bad results and they might really struggle again.

The trouble is, that the teams that are 8 and nine points ahead of us can afford to have a bit of a blip. They also have better squads of players than we do.

We are in deep trouble ot the moment and at the moment we need to concentrate on getting above Falkirk(who I think have massively underachieved when you look at the squad they have). I don't know whether we can draw any other clubs back into this or not as they have a right good lead on us. We need to get above Falkirk and take it from there really.

I reckon its a 2 horse race between ICT and falkirk , St Mirrens move to their new stadium will give them a boost and I think they'll win at home on saturday and be out of sight . Comparing squads I think Falkirk are stronger and more experienced so its not looking to good IMHO .

Took a while for Arsenal to start winning at the Emirates....one can but hope that St Mirren are the same. They play a similar style of football, after all :rotflmao:

Hamilton are mince. A decent striker and some tactics and we would have put them away with ease.

Falkirk have a far superior squad to ourselves, Hamilton and St Mirren. I'd say its Hamilton we have to aim for, I just hope the damage isn't already done.

I definitely don't think that Hamilton and St. Mirren are clear and safe yet. They've both had good runs in the last month, and deserve to be where they are for those results, but 8 and 9 points, with 15 matches remaining, is not what I call security. We're definitely the favorite to go down right now, and with the last eight results, I'm frankly glad we're only in a two-point hole. Considering how good Falkirk can be on their day, I think we're very lucky we're this close right now. But 15 matches is almost 40% of the season - the book's not closed yet.

At the present time we dont have the players to survive - lets wait and see who Butcher pulls in - and even that sticks in my throat - WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Right now I have difficulty agreeing with the above statement.

The Hearts game showed that we do have the players to hold the team in third place in the league even with 10 men!

Yes, they were given the extra goal but we matched them apart from that and were unlucky not to take something from the game.

Are the Hearts players relegation fodder? Don't be silly!

We have the players to survive - we may even get additions to the squad, but if not, we will still survive.

If Black was still committed to us, (he may be but his actions say no), we would not be in the current situation we are in - he could have turned round the last two games for us and we would not be sitting at the bottom of the league.......BUT we would still have Brewster!

agree that the hearts game gave cause for optimism but for me we still a few players short, especially up front.we desperately need an experienced striker even if it breaks the bank.we're simply not scoring or creating enough to say we're not going down

I don't believe that the relegation issue is a two horse race. I can see Hamilton, St Mirren and even Killie being involved at the sharp end of the season.

As far as our prospects are concerned, interesting to see that a majority now believe we can escape the drop. Compare that with attitudes just a week ago !

I don't believe that the relegation issue is a two horse race. I can see Hamilton, St Mirren and even Killie being involved at the sharp end of the season.

As far as our prospects are concerned, interesting to see that a majority now believe we can escape the drop. Compare that with attitudes just a week ago !

Yes and I hope that switch in attidude has happened with the players has well

Looking like a bit of a one horse race now. :rotflmao:

Mmm...we need to go on a run of 3 wins to pull us out of relegation. Assuming we dont get anything tmrw (its a tough call) but by the end of this month we will have had 3 home games after the Celtic one...9 points against Killie, Well and Hibs. Job done!

Full time - Falkirk 1 - 0 Aberdeen 0.

With Hamilton also winning it's been a horrible, horrible dya. Every result going against us. It also doen't help that Rangers have won as it puts them only 1 point behind Celtic who will be even more desperate to beat us tomorrow now.