FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Three New Highland League Clubs

starchief

Apparently it's three from Formartine United, Turriff United, Banks o? Dee and Strathspey Thistle that'll get through. I'd imagine Strathspey will be a shoe-in with Elgin having left. Maybe Banks o'Dee to involve Aberdeen? So Turra' or Ellon?

Get Inverness City in and then there will be an Inverness derby again.... :rotflmao:

Whatever happens those from Fort William and Wick will have some extra long journey's in buses....

I mind being more thna a little hacked off when Cove got in all those years back. Since when has Aberdeen been in the Highlands, and with 3 of those four well East, that is likely to get more so.

Does no-one west of the Glen play football?

I mind being more thna a little hacked off when Cove got in all those years back. Since when has Aberdeen been in the Highlands, and with 3 of those four well East, that is likely to get more so.

Does no-one west of the Glen play football?

Geologically the area where Aberdeen lies has been in the Highlands for thousands of years. SEE HERE

The Highland Boundary Fault (HBF) which traverses Scotland from Stonehaven to Arran, is in most places only identifiable by the change in topography - from highlands to the northwest and lowlands to the southeast. However, Loch Lomond is one of the sites where the fault can be distinguished more readily, in particular at Conic Hill and on the islands of Inchcailloch, Torrinch, Creinch and Inchmurrin. It is also a site where the Highland Border Complex, a thin sliver of unmetamorphosed sediments that lies between the Dalradian highlands and Devonian lowlands, is well exposed.

Get Inverness City in and then there will be an Inverness derby again.... :rotflmao:

Whatever happens those from Fort William and Wick will have some extra long journey's in buses....

I believe that if three clubs got in there was going to be split league so there'd be fewer trips to the East Coast for them. Anyone know when the decision is made?

The three clubs voted in apparently, are:-

Formartine United

Strathspey Thistle

Turriff United

Well done Strathspey Thistle from Grantown, it's taken a long time to happen, but the lads are in now.